Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Monk would make himself look a proper idiot if he bins the new formation after boldly claiming it's the way forward with our personnel. More likely we'll recruit & replace players that wobble. 

Could he look more of an idiot?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I like the 352 formation and I think it has potential for us.

We played well in spells since converting to it. But obviously it will take a fair while to get the players to get used to it properly.

If we go back to 442 it won't be a progressive step and Monk would get ridiculed. He needs to stick to his guns and get the players in to suit the system.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Monk would make himself look a proper idiot if he bins the new formation after boldly claiming it's the way forward with our personnel. More likely we'll recruit & replace players that wobble. 

Could be, but it just gives him more work to do, when we could be concentrating on more pressing areas, like midfield and attack We’ll see I guess, but the signs haven’t been good so far

7 minutes ago, trev said:

I like the 352 formation and I think it has potential for us.

We played well in spells since converting to it. But obviously it will take a fair while to get the players to get used to it properly.

If we go back to 442 it won't be a progressive step and Monk would get ridiculed. He needs to stick to his guns and get the players in to suit the system.

We may well have played well in spells using this system, but we produced better results when we didn’t  In truth, using either system has been a defensive disaster, since Monk decided to remove the shield in front, Hutchinson

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I predict with Watford relegation a certain free agent will be back there next season, showing us what Monk let leave on a free.

19 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Very decent shout that to be fair.

Be a good move for Fletcher that.

lol

• Haha 1

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Watford got promoted playing a 3-5-2 didn’t they? 

433 with Deeney, Vydra, and Ighalo. FF was in & out. 

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

433 with Deeney, Vydra, and Ighalo. FF was in & out. 

They definitely played with a 3 at the back for larger portions of the season. 

Had a quick look and, they had 4 head coaches that season so, it’s safe to say they’ll have experimented with just about every formation.

Guest wilyfox
9 minutes ago, H2Owl said:

Lee Gregory is signing from Stoke - Source - Never reveal your source

Never speak to your source again. He says bad things. 

Chris Gunter, Jordan Obita and Tyler Blackett released by Reading

All played about 20ish games a piece .. Usually not a great sign that they've been released by a struggling club however you never know, things can work out for players when they move on. Gunter's been at Reading for a while now and may be wanting a new challenge

Obita and Blackett are 26/27, plenty of experience. Not sure if they are good enough or not, don't know too much about them performance wise