Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

3 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

Can someone please sum up who we’ve been linked with?

I’ve read a few pages and @gurujuan also stated on another thread he was excited about players we’ve been linked with. All I’ve really seen is the city youngster.

Thanks in advance 

As soon as they start arriving down at the training ground to meet the lads, I’ll let you all know !    UTO 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I’ll have a stab pal. Only from newspaper story’s and not fan sites. Taylor at Charlton, Garner Man Utd, Baker Chelsea, Bennett Derby, Holland West Ham, Adams Southampton (unlikely) and that defensive midfielder from Bundesliga 2. I’m sure there were a few more, but I don’t remember the names

Lewis Baker, the old loanee? 

6 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Noticed Gunter was released by Reading yesterday.

I know he doesn’t fit the ‘young & dynamic’ mould, but he’d definitely be abit of welcome experience and professionalism in defence, and he’d be able to play wing back. Good club captain material too.

Not sure about Gunter. Would have been good 5 years ago, I honestly dunno if he's been playing well this season. 

If he's cheap I'd probably go for him. 

4 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Lewis Baker, the old loanee? 

16 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We did, you’re correct, and he was a little underwhelming back then, although he was only young Had a good recent spell on loan at Reading, and they are also interested. Luton born, but apparently his dad is a Wednesday fan

54 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Noticed Gunter was released by Reading yesterday.

I know he doesn’t fit the ‘young & dynamic’ mould, but he’d definitely be abit of welcome experience and professionalism in defence, and he’d be able to play wing back. Good club captain material too.

We do need at least one Gunt in the team 

14 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

I dunno. Problem with Penney is he has a tendency to get forward and not come back. Or lose the ball like Hunt used to when he went on one of his I can take everyone on runs. May have improved out on loan. But dont forget he will play how Monk wants him to. probably put him left centre back.

If you play wingbacks properly then you’d expect them to be caught upfield on occasion. That’s where you need a disciplined defensive midfielder who covers the gaps and a vocal leader of the back 3.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CalmJimmers said:

Not sure about Gunter. Would have been good 5 years ago, I honestly dunno if he's been playing well this season. 

If he's cheap I'd probably go for him. 

Just turned 31. On his way down rather than improving. 

Sign him up. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Just turned 31. On his way down rather than improving. 

Sign him up. 

Like I said, no idea what he's been playing like recently. Not a great sign if he's been released by Reading. 

Think he can play a few positions, but imagine wages will be the stumbling block. 

23 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

If you play wingbacks properly then you’d expect them to be caught upfield on occasion. That’s where you need a disciplined defensive midfielder who covers the gaps and a vocal leader of the back 3.

Agree, but Penney and Hunt were doing that as fullbacks.

• Haha 1

Preston North End are in the race to sign Lyon striker Reo Griffiths on loan this summer.

It’s claimed that Lyon want to loan out Griffiths this summer, in order to see how he fares in senior football for the first time.

That stance has sparked interest in England, with Preston one of three teams believed to be keen on landing Griffiths.

Sheffield Wednesday and relegated Charlton Athletic are interested too, with all three claimed to have been tracking his situation.

Griffiths, 20, was a wonderkid at Tottenham Hotspur, smashing 41 goals and 12 assists in 44 appearances for Tottenham’s Under-18’s.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Would you have said Palmer would have played right centre back. 

Now he has the summer to buy players and Borner and Van Aken that can play there your right. 

But who knows how Monk is seeing things.

Palmer is bang average going forward with no pace so yeah on that basis I think he could play on the right of a 3 which he's done nicely .all I'm saying is penney main thing is bombing forward so I'd like to see him given a go ... but your right who knows what monk sees wawaw

• Like 1

Just now, Craig enock said:

Palmer is bang average going forward with no pace so yeah on that basis I think he could play on the right of a 3 which he's done nicely .all I'm saying is penney main thing is bombing forward so I'd like to see him given a go ... but your right who knows what monk sees wawaw

He seems a good fit for left wingback. But then again most of us thought that about Reach. Monk could do anything.

• Love 1

Guest wilyfox

Going by what Monk said, he believes our problems are basic individual errors rather than systematic issues - so 352 may be here to stay. 

8 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Going by what Monk said, he believes our problems are basic individual errors rather than systematic issues - so 352 may be here to stay. 

Hmm, yes he has said that, though if players aren’t comfortable in a certain position, they are more prone to mistakes

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Hmm, yes he has said that, though if players aren’t comfortable in a certain position, they are more prone to mistakes

Monk would make himself look a proper idiot if he bins the new formation after boldly claiming it's the way forward with our personnel. More likely we'll recruit & replace players that wobble.