Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

4 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

he improved I agree but for me he was still an average LB. Personally I’m quite excited about seeing what Penney can do. 

Personaly I hate full backs who don't get up and down the flank, Fox certainly didn't. Can't think of a single game when he stopped winger running down his side as well. Not sad to see him go and certain that we have better LB in Matt Penney. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, malek said:

Personaly I hate full backs who don't get up and down the flank, Fox certainly didn't. Can't think of a single game when he stopped winger running down his side as well. Not sad to see him go and certain that we have better LB in Matt Penney. 

I dunno. Problem with Penney is he has a tendency to get forward and not come back. Or lose the ball like Hunt used to when he went on one of his I can take everyone on runs. May have improved out on loan. But dont forget he will play how Monk wants him to. probably put him left centre back.

8 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

I dunno. Problem with Penney is he has a tendency to get forward and not come back. Or lose the ball like Hunt used to when he went on one of his I can take everyone on runs. May have improved out on loan. But dont forget he will play how Monk wants him to. probably put him left centre back.

He ain't playing left of a 3 no chance .... borner will play there ... penney is ideal as a wing back for the reasons you gave to be honest ... i think it could work 

1 minute ago, jonesy87shef said:

Can someone please sum up who we’ve been linked with?

I’ve read a few pages and @gurujuan also stated on another thread he was excited about players we’ve been linked with. All I’ve really seen is the city youngster.

Thanks in advance 

I’ll have a stab pal. Only from newspaper story’s and not fan sites. Taylor at Charlton, Garner Man Utd, Baker Chelsea, Bennett Derby, Holland West Ham, Adams Southampton (unlikely) and that defensive midfielder from Bundesliga 2. I’m sure there were a few more, but I don’t remember the names

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’ll have a stab pal. Only from newspaper story’s and not fan sites. Taylor at Charlton, Garner Man Utd, Baker Chelsea, Bennett Derby, Holland West Ham, Adams Southampton (unlikely) and that defensive midfielder from Bundesliga 2. I’m sure there were a few more, but I don’t remember the names

Thank you. Some interesting names. 

I like the looks of Garner, the Man City lad and Holland at West Ham who I believe was a success at Oxford on loan.

Young hungry players, with a point to prove and resale value.

I’d also be looking to loan in 4-5 prem youngsters. A market we’ve neglected and only used in emergencies for to long.

Edited by jonesy87shef

25 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Same. Would be quite happy with a few of them

6 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

I like the looks of Garner, the Man City lad and Holland at West Ham who I believe was a success at Oxford on loan.

I’d also be looking to loan in 4-5 prem youngsters. A market we’ve neglected and only used in emergencies for to long.

Bang on, yes with the emphasis on youngsters That’s what I thought we were supposed to be doing last summer, but it never happened

8 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Some of those names will be loan deals. There’s no way Man Utd are letting garner go on a free. Even if they did he wouldn’t come here. 

42 minutes ago, Craig enock said:

He ain't playing left of a 3 no chance .... borner will play there ... penney is ideal as a wing back for the reasons you gave to be honest ... i think it could work 

Would you have said Palmer would have played right centre back. 

Now he has the summer to buy players and Borner and Van Aken that can play there your right. 

But who knows how Monk is seeing things.

36 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Would you have said Palmer would have played right centre back. 

Now he has the summer to buy players and Borner and Van Aken that can play there your right. 

But who knows how Monk is seeing things.

I don’t think even Monk knows how he’s seeing things? 🙄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Haven't we had Baker on loan before? Think it was when Gray was in charge?

Hope the Garner link is accurate. Looks a good player and the type of defensive midfielder we could do with.

Would also definitely be looking in league 1 and 2 this summer. 

The CB at Northampton who’s been mentioned (Goode) looks worth a punt. 6’5, commanding and captain at his club. 

I reckon Rhys Healey might be worth a look at MK Dons. Got a bit of Vardy about him. 

Ivan Toney at Peterborough although he’s probably already out of our reach. 

There’s plenty of gems in the lower leagues.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Haven't we had Baker on loan before? Think it was when Gray was in charge?

We did, you’re correct, and he was a little underwhelming back then, although he was only young Had a good recent spell on loan at Reading, and they are also interested. Luton born, but apparently his dad is a Wednesday fan

Noticed Gunter was released by Reading yesterday.

I know he doesn’t fit the ‘young & dynamic’ mould, but he’d definitely be abit of welcome experience and professionalism in defence, and he’d be able to play wing back. Good club captain material too.

• Like 4