Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

10 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

After listening to Monk’s interview yesterday including his view of what will happen to many clubs if crowds are kept out for the next six months I am surprised we have been able to meet the financial requirements to sign Paterson never mind any more

DC's been down the back of the sofa, under the bed for the next signing. 

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Monk saying he hopes to have 1 or 2 players in before the end of the window. If we sign Paterson I wonder what position the other player will be. A striker? Wingback? Personally hope it will be a striker. 

I would hope a striker seeing as Paterson can play so many positions through the middle and right hand side. 

We need a striker more than we need say Dion Sanderson 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

After listening to Monk’s interview yesterday including his view of what will happen to many clubs if crowds are kept out for the next six months I am surprised we have been able to meet the financial requirements to sign Paterson never mind any more

We’re safe because ticket money ‘doesn’t cover the cost of anything’ at Hillsborough.

Get it spent!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I would hope a striker seeing as Paterson can play so many positions through the middle and right hand side. 

We need a striker more than we need say Dion Sanderson 

I still think we'll make use of our loanee quota, and could still see us bringing in another striker, even after bringing in Paterson? We'll need plenty of options this season, due to the numerous midweek games. I wouldn't be surprised to see around 4 or 5 (including Paterson) brought in before the window closes. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

I still think we'll make use of our loanee quota, and could still see us bringing in another striker, even after bringing in Paterson? We'll need plenty of options this season, due to the numerous midweek games. I wouldn't be surprised to see around 4 or 5 (including Paterson) brought in before the window closes. 

Agreed and I hope so on a striker as I think it’s too much to expect Paterson to do that role on his own. Paterson is perfect for a team needing more experience in every area as he could arguably play anywhere hence my comparison to Bullen (rich mans version!) but monk has already suggested it may take a few windows. So who knows where we are up to. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

The money from the stadium sale must have arrived. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

I think you are correct. I am not sure about 5 but another 3 would not surprise me. 

Think we will not be hit as hard as most by loss of crowds. We ahve huge away following and if they watch games on line in same numbers boost to our finances will be significant. We get nothing when away fans visit grounds but keep 100% of revenue when our fans log on to watch us. Do not know actual figures but can guess 5,000 plus watch away games which is a million quid we would not otherwise have had. 

• Like 1

Still think we should go for a younger guy up front who is willing to battle for a position, and not expect to be number 1 straight off. Already got three established pros, could upset the applecart. 

Already mentioned Gyokeres from Brighton, scored 7 goals at St Pauli last year. 

Could also have a look at Liam Delap from Man City. Recently scored his first senior goals. Only 17 though! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Still think we should go for a younger guy up front who is willing to battle for a position, and not expect to be number 1 straight off. Already got three established pros, could upset the applecart. 

Already mentioned Gyokeres from Brighton, scored 7 goals at St Pauli last year. 

Could also have a look at Liam Delap from Man City. Recently scored his first senior goals. Only 17 though! 

cant see City letting any forwards out with Aguero and Jesus both out injured. Think I read Delap is their only striker in the squad for the game this weekend. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mister Soul said:

Selling Iorfa at this moment of the new squads development is as short sighted as NOT selling FF when we could have

Fair point. Hold on to Dom for now. 

Edited by gizowl