Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

On 25/09/2020 at 12:46, gurujuan said:

I don’t suppose we’d be in a position to turn down a big offer, but I’d be a reluctant seller. He is integral to the way we play, the only one who has the ability to bring the ball out of defence, and the only one with any pace All the other centre backs are pretty average, on a good day, but with Iorfa’s pace to bail them out, they’ve looked OK. Don’t kid yourselves that we’d be using any of a potential fee to strengthen the team. Like the Joao fee, it will just get swallowed up. Iorfa, Brown and Bannan, are the only three players of real quality that we have, so losing any of them would be a major set back

I'd happily sell Brown if the fee was big enough.lol

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

The one thing I am actually confident in Chansiri is he will demand top dollar for Iorfa. We got £7.5million for Joao and you know he doesn’t like selling players. 

If Iorfa goes, I’d be shocked if it’s less than £10million but think personally DC would push for nearer £20 million whether that’s with add ons etc. 

It will be nowhere near £20m. If we got that for him I'd carry him there on my back.

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Just a bit . He’s pretty decent but he’s some way off that price , and then some 

I think 10 million is realistic but I'd make Watford pay 14 to get the money they screwed us out of for Abdi. 

Iorfa too us is worth 12-15m overall, and it's important we learn from the reach, FF errors of the past. 

If we get an offer that allows us more room for manoeuvre moving forward I'd be looking at it. Especially while we seem to be recruiting well the past couple of windows we've had 

• Like 1

Just now, fudge27 said:

Iorfa too us is worth 12-15m overall, and it's important we learn from the reach, FF errors of the past. 

If we get an offer that allows us more room for manoeuvre moving forward I'd be looking at it. Especially while we seem to be recruiting well the past couple of windows we've had 

Our squad building is almost complete for this window, it would be weakening the side for little benefit in terms of squad building

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Our squad building is almost complete for this window, it would be weakening the side for little benefit in terms of squad building

Any inside knowledge on our finances / recruitment plans you can share here? Sounds like you’re ITK? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

It would improve our room enormously for the next 3 or 4 windows, and defensive players are easier to replace then attacking players 

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

Any inside knowledge on our finances / recruitment plans you can share here? Sounds like you’re ITK? 

Only that Monk has said he wanted to bring two in, and looks like we might have one on the way A quick calculation, and I reckon there might be one more on his list  Hope that helps

• Haha 1

Just now, gurujuan said:

Only that Monk has said he wanted to bring two in, and looks like we might have one on the way A quick calculation, and I reckon there might be one more on his list  Hope that helps

Maybe plan all along was to sell a defender? Maybe Monk has planned on not having funds for more than 2 more. 

I just think it’s hard to talk in definitive without any inside knowledge. Monk has also said plans change, covid crisis is hurting us, budgets issues etc so maybe a few million injection is needed to complete the windows plans or to have a kitty for next window. 

I certainly wouldn’t be turning my nose up at any offers in current climate. By next window or one after that there may be no cash in the game at this level and money in the bank be very useful come then.