Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

11 minutes ago, fpowl said:

If we sold iorfa could we bring back hector since he’s only been used in Fulham’s cup games and Sanderson 

back three of pace and power 

Sanderson hector Dunkley 

controversial but selling one could improve the department overall 

Hector has played every game so far for them though hasn’t he? They’ve conceded a fair few with him there mind so maybe they’re looking to get better in. 

10 minutes ago, fpowl said:

If we sold iorfa could we bring back hector since he’s only been used in Fulham’s cup games and Sanderson 

back three of pace and power 

Sanderson hector Dunkley 

controversial but selling one could improve the department overall 

Hector cost Fulham a reported 8 million in January. No chance they'll be selling for much less and he's out of our price range. 

I'd rather keep Iorfa at present.

8 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Hector cost Fulham a reported 8 million in January. No chance they'll be selling for much less and he's out of our price range. 

Where is it reported that it was £8 million? His contract was up at the end of the season and he couldn't play until January. The price that was bandied about was £5 million at the time.

11 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Just checked. Must be built up in add ons. That is bonkers money if true.

Just now, No Uniform said:

Where is it reported that it was £8 million? His contract was up at the end of the season and he couldn't play until January. The price that was bandied about was £5 million at the time.

The consensus among Fulham fans was that they paid 3.7m for him, rising to just under 5m with add ons Probably those add ons will have been met, following their promotion

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

He cost us £250k so players like that are out there for sure.

They are not unless you pay big money. Matty Cash sold for £15 million by Forest he was ok full back not a world beater and full backs easier to come by than centre halves.

8 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I would say that Hector is better than Iorfa.

They're very different. Hector is a better passer, but Iorfa has physical attributes very few centre-halves have. He's built like a racehorse and improving all the time as a defender. Monk deserves some credit there. He's the only manager that's given Iorfa a good runout at centre-half. 

2 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Although I liked Hector, I do think he was more prone to mistakes than Iorfa. Iorfa is a composed defender and a real asset to our team.

To be honest there isn't much between them I would say that Hector was more composed and more effective when bringing the ball out from defence. Iorfa has that in his locker but doesn't use it as much as he should, whether that's down to instruction or confidence i'm not sure.

Hector reads the game better, where as Iorfa relies on his speed to make up for his positioning errors, don't get me wrong I think he is a cracking player and wouldn't sell him.

But at the moment Hector shades it.

Think hector better than iorfa in this moment in time? But with hector I think he’s on of those players that are really good in championship and struggle a bit in premier? Mitrovic the same ? Some players make the jump really easily others struggle? Iorfa atm looks like he improving all the time but the buying club always taking a gamble with players out of our league? The diff is est prem teams can afford to take that risk 

Fulham are shipping goals like crazy atm and Hector seems to be culpable for much of their defensive chaos. He's a great footballer, a much better passer than Iorfa but lacks Iorfa's pace and power. I always thought Hector had a mistake in him, pretty much every match - even more than Iorfa who needs his pace to get him out of messes that are often of his own making. Defensively though I'd rather have Iorfa and he's more of a threat at set pieces too (when he gets it on target!). I think Iorfa, like Hector, would be found wanting at Prem level. Both are terrific Championship centre-halves.

33 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

Fulham are shipping goals like crazy atm and Hector seems to be culpable for much of their defensive chaos. He's a great footballer, a much better passer than Iorfa but lacks Iorfa's pace and power. I always thought Hector had a mistake in him, pretty much every match - even more than Iorfa who needs his pace to get him out of messes that are often of his own making. Defensively though I'd rather have Iorfa and he's more of a threat at set pieces too (when he gets it on target!). I think Iorfa, like Hector, would be found wanting at Prem level. Both are terrific Championship centre-halves.

Think you just get punished more in the prem because of the quality. Hector is getting caught but think he’s capable of learning

On 25/09/2020 at 11:50, Owls77 said:

Great work by the EFL. Orient affected by a pandemic and they get punished for it!

That will teach them the cheating barstewards.

What do you mean they haven't cheated?

They must have cheated of the EFL wouldn't have penalised them.

It's a crazy world when you get penalised for catching a sickness in a world pandemic.

• Like 1