Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Guest Kagoshimaowl

If they offer anything over 5 million with sell ins then we have to sell him. I don’t want to lose him as he’s probably my favorite player but everyone has a price. Not selling players is what got us into the mess we are in now!

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Hindsight’s wonderful but in last 5 years I seem to remember clubs in for Lees, Westwood, Reach and Forrestieri. If we’d have sold them all we’d unlikely be any worse off league wise but 20-30m better off financially. 

I'm not convinced there were definite bids for all of those beyond an initial enquiry. 

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Iorfa would be a loss, would we get big money in this climate. When is his contract up?

Dunkley would be a like for like replacement but we would need to make sure we re invest the money quickly otherwise it’s a long old season (or more so!)

2022 I think

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Not convinced selling your best players is the best policy. 

Yeah Liverpool have really struggled since selling Suarez And then coutinho. Leeds fans are still crying out for the days they could watch Chris wood in the championship again.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, max_7654 said:

A quick look at recent fees for championship CB's shows the following:

• Adam Webster – Bristol to Brighton (19/20) - £20m-£22m
  • Tyrone Mings – Bournemouth to Villa (19/20) - £20m-£26.5m
  • Ben Gibson – Boro to Burnley (18/19) - £15m
  • Alfie Mawson – Swansea to Fulham (18/19) - £15m-£20m
  • Chris Mepham – Brentford to Bournemouth (18/19) - £12m
  • Ezri Konsa - Brentford to Villa (19/20) - £12m
  • Tomas Kalas – Chelsea to Bristol (19/20) - £8m

Iorfa still relatively young, experienced, english, pacy, physically imposing, good on the ball, good injury record etc; certainly competes with the above and ticks all the boxes for mid-lower prem teams (Leeds, Fulham, Burnley, Brighton, Newcastle etc.) Plenty of teams with money to spend are desperate for CB's with not many options around currently. 

As much as we need to learn from our recent mistakes with outgoings we should be taking advantage of the current market and looking for at least £12m-£15m+ for Iorfa based on the above.

Anything north of 10 million we sell for me.

Already got a replacement in Dunkley, so yes we could do with another one but were not desperate. We need to invest some of that Money into a CF and the rest will get absorbed into FFP. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Iorfa would be a loss, would we get big money in this climate. When is his contract up?

Dunkley would be a like for like replacement but we would need to make sure we re invest the money quickly otherwise it’s a long old season (or more so!)

We will defo use some to offset FFP but we must use some to get a striker in - should we get a good offer.

3 minutes ago, striker said:

I'm not convinced there were definite bids for all of those beyond an initial enquiry. 

Carlos said we turned down 9m for reach. I think Forrestieri had solid offers of 8-12m in a number of windows. That’s 20m alone. 

Then the alternative is us saying to Lees and Westwood, ‘hey chaps, you’re our best players. Let’s take your 8-10k per week contract and treble it! Awesome, thanks for staying never leave!’ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

I just think that right now is a very bad time to sell our best defender, we need to have as strong a team as possible this season with being on minus points. Be a massive blow to lose Iorfa. 

While I agree, we do have options to minimise the impact, and part of our brave new strategy to operate sustainably involves selling players. Our best players are unfortunately those who will attract attention. 

The fee needs to be right though and now is the optimum time to maximise that. Next season he turns 26 and heads into the last year of his contract. 

Anything over £10m may be considered as a good starting point. Any less than that and I agree, better playing for us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

I not too sure

We cannot use the 2018/19 or 2019/20 season as the club still have not filed those figures. But the 2017/18 season showed income from fans of £18m this will have included all matchday tickets, season tickets and merchandising from shirt and other sales. The club is still getting the merchandising, the club still has a lot of the season ticket money or have transferred it credits or I-follow membership, so they have lost the limit gate receipts from POTG which was very few with mainly season ticket holders at games. They have also lost the away following but based on the figures we have we could maybe lose £10m in income depending if sky take any of the £8m tv money back on top of that, but we don't have the big money players we probably have lost about £20m off the wage bill in the last few season. Fletcher, Adbi, Foresteri, Hutch, Winnall and a lot more. We have had 26 first team players leave over the last 3 season and signed a lot fewer or brought in cheaper loans.

Without knowing how much the current squad earn I bet it is probably near to half of what the squad of 2017/18 got paid of £42m, we don't own the stadium and are only tenants probably payment a nominal fee to the chairman's holding company this could be saving us 000's each season on stadium upkeep. 

We will make a loss but if the club have cut the wage bill in half and saving money on the stadium, we should not being looking at losses over £20m like we have in 2017/18 season when they tried to put the stadium sale through. Add to that other than Rhodes, Reach and JVA all of the player registration we have had since will be gone and this accounted for another £11m in those accounts (page 23 of the accounts if you are bothered)

The longer that no fans though, goes on the worse it will get. But I personal view is the EFL will exclude this season and the end of last for calculations but won't public come out and say that as teams like, Forest, Bournemouth, Derby, Ourselves, Watford and more will then just go on a spending spree. The EFL like to make it look like they are in charge even though they don't have a clue what they are doing.

Season ticket money is now a debt to the purchaser

No surprise really 

I said last season his pace alone will get him a premiership move at some point 

He has improved other aspects of his game like his positional play and he his more commanding in the air now 

Hope we get big bucks for him 

People suggesting 8mil can go boil their bolloćks as far as I’m concerned. We’ve struck oil with Iorfa. It’s not often we do, so we must ensure top dollar for once.

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Nope but unless we buy a better or same level player we won't be any better off player wise. At some point you have to build a team as well to move forward.

True but now is not the time for that. We are basically in a one season project of stay up however we can and do it on the cheap. 

Dunkley has been brought in so could cover the loss of Iorfa and some of the money could get us a striker who could score us enough to stay up.

Building has to be done If we stay up.

4 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Carlos said we turned down 9m for reach. I think Forrestieri had solid offers of 8-12m in a number of windows. That’s 20m alone. 

Then the alternative is us saying to Lees and Westwood, ‘hey chaps, you’re our best players. Let’s take your 8-10k per week contract and treble it! Awesome, thanks for staying never leave!’ 

I never heard those figures from Carlos or anyone else