Jump to content
theowlsman

Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:


It’s all very good that he’s minted but I would rather him not be so pig headed and get some help from some proper football people and employ a director of football and a CEO. Run the club properly.


completely agree. I think it would be so much more important to spend some of his money on people to help him, advise him, tell him no if he is doing something that doesn’t make sense.  He can’t keep running the club the way he has. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely a few rumours about linking us with Charlie Goode, he'll be off to the Championship for sure.

 

Think he'd be great in a back 3 for us as he has all the attributes, type of signing Wilder would have made.

 

Anthony Hartigan at AFC Wimbledon also expected to make that jump but don't know much about him really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:


it begs the question - why?!

 

unnamed.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Definitely a few rumours about linking us with Charlie Goode, he'll be off to the Championship for sure.

 

Think he'd be great in a back 3 for us as he has all the attributes, type of signing Wilder would have made.

 

Anthony Hartigan at AFC Wimbledon also expected to make that jump but don't know much about him really.


Don’t know much about him,  I’d be tempted to get an older head at the back personally , If Lees goes it leaves Iorfa who’s susceptible to a bit of head loss 

 

We previously had interest in Dani Ayala at Boro, still wouldn’t mind him here , and I think maybe Van Aken gets another shot  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the reason we switched to a back three, was not to make us more secure, it hasn’t, but to allow us to get the extra man in midfield, whilst still retaining a strike pairing. For me, the jury’s out, although it’s hard to tell with the current personnel. We’ve barely got enough bodies to play that extra man, and there’s no evidence that playing 2 [email protected] strikers, is any more effective than playing 1 [email protected] striker

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still think Marcus Maddison and Jackson Irvine are good shouts both on a free 

 

Clayton leaving Boro aswell, another we’ve been in for previously 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Royal_D said:

Still think Marcus Maddison and Jackson Irvine are good shouts both on a free 

 

Clayton leaving Boro aswell, another we’ve been in for previously 

Monk froze Clayton out at Boro The other two might be worth a shout if we are relegated

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gurujuan said:

Monk froze Clayton out at Boro The other two might be worth a shout if we are relegated


We need a pair of wing backs as well surely Guru ? Any ideas 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Charlie Goode was excellent for me on Football Manager 2019, and for that reason, I'm in lol

Edited by StudentOwl
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would kill to see Ayala and Jackson Irvine at the club. Big improvements on what we have and in critical positions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Definitely a few rumours about linking us with Charlie Goode, he'll be off to the Championship for sure.

 

Think he'd be great in a back 3 for us as he has all the attributes, type of signing Wilder would have made.

 

Anthony Hartigan at AFC Wimbledon also expected to make that jump but don't know much about him really.

 

If he brings the other two Goodies with him thats the defence sorted. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:


We need a pair of wing backs as well surely Guru ? Any ideas 

Not specifically mate, although I’d turn to the Premier League, like Wigan did when they borrowed James and Robinson Most young Premier League wing backs will have the attributes we are looking for, pace, quality on the ball, and the energy to get up and down

edit plus I’m hopeful young Penney will shape up

Edited by gurujuan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not specifically mate, although I’d turn to the Premier League, like Wigan did when they borrowed James and Robinson Most young Premier League wing backs will have the attributes we are looking for, pace, quality on the ball, and the energy to get up and down

edit plus I’m hopeful young Penney will shape up


Think Penney will get a chance with Van Aken,  but then who knows what pre-season schedule we’re gonna be able to fit in and to what standard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:


It’s all very good that he’s minted but I would rather him not be so pig headed and get some help from some proper football people and employ a director of football and a CEO. Run the club properly.

This all day long.

These are the must have first two signings of the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Still think Marcus Maddison and Jackson Irvine are good shouts both on a free 

 

Clayton leaving Boro aswell, another we’ve been in for previously 

George Friend would be a good fit for us but Boro are hopeful he will re sign 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hugeowl said:

George Friend would be a good fit for us but Boro are hopeful he will re sign 

Isn’t he another player Monk had an issue with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Monk froze Clayton out at Boro The other two might be worth a shout if we are relegated

 

Really? Never? If they ever remake Batman, Monk would be perfect for the role of Mr Freeze? 🥶

Edited by Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Isn’t he another player Monk had an issue with?

 

The list goes on? 🙄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Randell Williams got player of the year at Exeter. He’s 23, scored 5 and got 14 assists playing right wing back/right wing. Seen him linked with a few championship teams, surely we should be looking at him with it not looking like we will bring Murphy back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Isn’t he another player Monk had an issue with?


Yeh just done some reading,  seems he froze out Shotton, Friend , Clayton and few others 


All went back into the side when Pulis turned up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...