Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

27 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Samatta has left Villa for Fenerbahce. 

Hoping to go to a Fenerbache game in the not too distant future 

1 hour ago, sheffwed1 said:

Would of been a cracking signing 2 or 3 years ago. Not so much now. 

Didn't he just sign for Fulham for £10m this season or did I miss that on sky - I cannot see them loaning him out.

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

feel for Orient. EFL really are clueless. 

Yes I do, but haven't Orient been suffering for a while since West Ham moved grounds? Don't think its soley a Covid thing but nevertheless would hate to see any club go to the wall. 

Well apart from maybe one.

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

Just a guess, but if anything like that is the case, it might be related to driving a coach and horses through the league's financial restrictions. The limit is for £39m over a rolling three year period and we lost £35m in one season. We've no idea what the next set of accounts will show yet, but another large deficit is likely (not sure where the stadium sale fits in now the original attempt was ruled invalid).

I not too sure

We cannot use the 2018/19 or 2019/20 season as the club still have not filed those figures. But the 2017/18 season showed income from fans of £18m this will have included all matchday tickets, season tickets and merchandising from shirt and other sales. The club is still getting the merchandising, the club still has a lot of the season ticket money or have transferred it credits or I-follow membership, so they have lost the limit gate receipts from POTG which was very few with mainly season ticket holders at games. They have also lost the away following but based on the figures we have we could maybe lose £10m in income depending if sky take any of the £8m tv money back on top of that, but we don't have the big money players we probably have lost about £20m off the wage bill in the last few season. Fletcher, Adbi, Foresteri, Hutch, Winnall and a lot more. We have had 26 first team players leave over the last 3 season and signed a lot fewer or brought in cheaper loans.

Without knowing how much the current squad earn I bet it is probably near to half of what the squad of 2017/18 got paid of £42m, we don't own the stadium and are only tenants probably payment a nominal fee to the chairman's holding company this could be saving us 000's each season on stadium upkeep. 

We will make a loss but if the club have cut the wage bill in half and saving money on the stadium, we should not being looking at losses over £20m like we have in 2017/18 season when they tried to put the stadium sale through. Add to that other than Rhodes, Reach and JVA all of the player registration we have had since will be gone and this accounted for another £11m in those accounts (page 23 of the accounts if you are bothered)

The longer that no fans though, goes on the worse it will get. But I personal view is the EFL will exclude this season and the end of last for calculations but won't public come out and say that as teams like, Forest, Bournemouth, Derby, Ourselves, Watford and more will then just go on a spending spree. The EFL like to make it look like they are in charge even though they don't have a clue what they are doing.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Thought this was a joke. How on earth is this Orients fault or within their control?

With the virus rampant again, what happens with league games, does the other team get the 3 points? Or is this just a thing when it involves a PL team having to allocate their so obviously precious time to rearrange a fixture. 

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

EFL again proving they are the most inept, corrupt bunch of fucktards going. If it had been Spurs affected you can guarantee they wouldn't have been booted out. 

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, striker said:

Thought this was a joke. How on earth is this Orients fault or within their control?

With the virus rampant again, what happens with league games, does the other team get the 3 points? Or is this just a thing when it involves a PL team having to allocate their so obviously precious time to rearrange a fixture. 

Hope fully clubs will be given leeway to fulfill their fixtures but at the moment the EFL seem to be sticking to the present rules which to fair to other clubs is a fair point.

But something needs to be done.

6 minutes ago, striker said:

Or is this just a thing when it involves a PL team having to allocate their so obviously precious time to rearrange a fixture. 

That’s exactly what it is

Disgraceful really,  pulling the rug from

under the feet of a struggling league two club there

• Like 1
2 hours ago, sheffwed1 said:

Would of been a cracking signing 2 or 3 years ago. Not so much now. 

He's very good at this level but doesn't seem able to cut it in the top flight. Like Patterson, he might need a new challenge at a club that better suits his game? 

22 minutes ago, striker said:

When you think the EFL can not be anymore incompetent's they show they can.

I don't think I heard that Celtic had forfeited there 2 league games they could not play because their player broke the guidelines or the two games Aberdeen also called off. presumable those games will now also be getting rewarded to the other teams.

Mr Parry do the league a favour, go now before you bring any more embarrassment upon the football league. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

He's very good at this level but doesn't seem able to cut it in the top flight. Like Patterson, he might need a new challenge at a club that better suits his game? 

Maybe. Just whenever he’s played against us recently he’s looked a shell of the player he was and that’s playing with teams who have a lot of the ball (Fulham). He wouldn’t get that with Cardiff. 

Edited by sheffwed1
8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

When you think the EFL can not be anymore incompetent's they show they can.

I don't think I heard that Celtic had forfeited there 2 league games they could not play because their player broke the guidelines or the two games Aberdeen also called off. presumable those games will now also be getting rewarded to the other teams.

Mr Parry do the league a favour, go now before you bring any more embarrassment upon the football league. 

Incompetent or just plain corrupt ? Singing to the Premier Leagues tune 

Spurs v Chelsea live on sky aswell I see,  convenient 

Edited by Royal_D
  • Like 2