Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

21 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

Maybe. Just whenever he’s played against us recently he’s looked a shell of the player he was and that’s playing with teams who have a lot of the ball (Fulham). He wouldn’t get that with Cardiff. 

In the recent game when we played Cardiff, they seemed to have more of the ball than us? Yet we looked more solid and more clinical, a reversal of past games against them. I think Harris is changing their style into a more possession based team, less reliant on counter attacks but still reliant on crosses and set pieces. Whereas, we seem to becoming more like how they played in recent seasons or last season? More effective at both ends of the pitch with a solid defence, energy and hard work in the team, which allows our creative and attacking players more into the game, further up the pitch. 

Just now, vulva said:

Nonsense. 

OK maybe a little hyperbole but the market has dropped off, and Iorfa whilst a decent defender is nothing too special.  Ten million seems too much hyperbole at the other extreme.

If they were to offer anything north of that I would think we wouldn't be in a position to refuse. 

Realistically Watford know the position we are in and would offer considerably less, Monk will be saying keep but the accountants will be saying sell. 

Down to DC. 

16 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t suppose we’d be in a position to turn down a big offer, but I’d be a reluctant seller. He is integral to the way we play, the only one who has the ability to bring the ball out of defence, and the only one with any pace All the other centre backs are pretty average, on a good day, but with Iorfa’s pace to bail them out, they’ve looked OK. Don’t kid yourselves that we’d be using any of a potential fee to strengthen the team. Like the Joao fee, it will just get swallowed up. Iorfa, Brown and Bannan, are the only three players of real quality that we have, so losing any of them would be a major set back

Agree, that Iorfa is a key player and one of our few quality players for us, along with the likes of Brown and Bannan. However, we'd be foolish to turn down big offers for any of our players, if they're favourable, unless they have our pants down.

It's part of our issues, not selling players whilst they had resale value. We have shown we can bring in bargains and quality without breaking the bank, I'd hope we'd continue to be sensible like that.

Also to compete more within P&S, we have to be astute and at the same time sell players and reinvest sensibly, in order to progress further on and off the pitch at this level. 

Edited by The Night-Owl

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Wouldn’t leave us long to find a replacement for him. Really hope he doesn’t go. 

Hopefully the recruitment team that Bruce bought in share a brain cell and have clocked that as Iorfa's one of our most likely players to go, they've got a couple of possible replacements in mind. If they're doing things right, they'll have clocked players of a similar style months ago and have been watching them to pick up on a shortlist we can bring in to do a similar job and style to Dom. 

If Watford really are interested and are willing to flash the cash for the pleasure of Iorfa's company, then we need to get as much as we can from them while disrupting us as little as possible. Time we started treating the club like a business and started 'winning' the transfer market

• Like 2

Not surprised there is interest in Iorfa, the question is whether that interest is genuine or opportunistic.

I may seem hypocritical having criticised the club for seemingly silly valuations, but considering recent transfers, his value has to be around £10m

Good player though he is, we have Dunkley yet to come in, Lees regaining form and Sanderson on the radar as a possible replacement.