Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Also maybe Palmer, Rhodes and Bannan for Scotland?

Good point too, forgot about international football. I know about him at Cardiff, along with Harris, Sanderson and Zohore, as I live near there and my sister supports them. And in recent years Patterson was a bit of a fans favourite due to his adaptability and his work rate. 

45 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Dunkley wasn’t linked prior to Att following him, couple days later he signed. 

Kachunga another who wasn’t linked before Att followed him. Couple weeks later he signed. 

Zohore another with no prior link before Att. Suddenly now our number 1 target in the media. 

Now Callum Paterson. Seems pretty consistent. 

Don't forget Donny Van De Beek.....the one we missed out on. lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Good point too, forgot about international football. I know about him at Cardiff, along with Harris, Sanderson and Zohore, as I live near there and my sister supports them. And in recent years Patterson was a bit of a fans favourite due to his adaptability and his work rate. 

Any idea why he isn’t getting in the team this season? 

Paterson makes sense if we want an option who’s mobile and good in the air.

He’d come with loads of strings to his bow aswell. He could easily start a game alongside Bannan in midfield and finish it as the target upfront. 

Definitely one in the dynamic mould Monk wants, good character too. Great age aswell. 

• Like 1

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Any idea why he isn’t getting in the team this season? 

Could be cos they have changed their style of play under Harris. In recent seasons they used to play similar to us under Monk but now they seem to play with more possession. They could also be looking to offload in order to bring in players that suit Harris' way of playing, in a similar way to us bringing in players that suit Monk's way of playing. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Could be cos they have changed their style of play under Harris. In recent seasons they used to play similar to us under Monk but now they seem to play with more possession. They could also be looking to offload in order to bring in players that suit Harris' way of playing, in a similar way to us bringing in players that suit Monk's way of playing. 

From what I’ve seen so far this season, we’ve also changed our style in a similar fashion under Monk, thank goodness One hopes that’s not just because we don’t have a target man. With our excellent midfield options, it would be criminal to play the way we played last season

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

From what I’ve seen so far this season, we’ve also changed our style in a similar fashion under Monk, thank goodness One hopes that’s not just because we don’t have a target man. With our excellent midfield options, it would be criminal to play the way we played last season

Last season we were more reliant on wing backs or wingers played as wing backs and a target man but our defence wasn't as solid as it appears this season, and our midfield didn't have the energy it as now. We did still create chances but struggled to put them away or kill teams off especially at home.

Now our game seems more athletic, dynamic and effective due to our better balance in defence and midfield. Our greater solidity and balance, as allowed our more creative and attacking players into the game more in the right areas of the pitch. 

I don't know what strikers we will sign, not sure if we will bring in a target man or not? Perhaps we'll bring in more adaptable, all rounder more dynamic types that have the legs to get onto Brown's and Bannan's through balls or something? 

Edited by The Night-Owl

1 minute ago, The Night-Owl said:

Last season we were more reliant on wing backs or wingers played as wingers and a target man but our defence wasn't as solid as it appears this season and our midfield didn't have the energy it as now. We did still create chances but now our game seems more athletic, dynamic and effective due to our better balance in defence and midfield.

I don't know what strikers we will sign, not sure if we will bring in a target man or not? Perhaps we'll bring in more adaptable, all rounder more dynamic types that have the legs to get onto Brown's and Bannan's through balls or something? 

Agreed, and yes I hope we do

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Paterson makes sense if we want an option who’s mobile and good in the air.

He’d come with loads of strings to his bow aswell. He could easily start a game alongside Bannan in midfield and finish it as the target upfront. 

Definitely one in the dynamic mould Monk wants, good character too. Great age aswell. 

Why didn't we just keep Nuhui then?:ph34r: