Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

53 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Can some one get Att to start following Luis Suarez he's available from Barcelona for less than Zohore is and scores goals unlike Zohore. lol

Dear God our links to players comes from the twitter account of a teenager, has our club got this badly run.

Instagram actually and what’s that got to do with the running of the club Mr Stage Payment?

:duntmatter:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

If we sign Paterson as a midfielder or utility player then ok. But if he’s our cf?! Jesus wept 

My thoughts too. I get the need for flexibility, especially when working with a small squad. But, doesn't exactly fill me with enthusiasm. 

We've already got Reach shoe horned in out of position up front and Windass, Kachunga not necessarily recognised as out and out forwards.

Asks a lot of players to adapt, although recognise to date they have done well.

• Like 1

Patterson to my mind is better option than Zohore.

Patterson work rate is very good and he keeps going for 90 minutes. The way we play he is suited to high pressing game and his pace though not exceptional is reasonable and would offer us more than we have currently.

He also is very good in air has a real spring and he will make us more secure when defending and more of a threat when attacking from set pieces.  With Beattie coaching him he could improve his goal scoring record and could turn him into a useful asset.

I dare say we all hoped for a fancy name striker who would set pulses racing but in a difficult situation I could see him improving the team if he joins us.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

he actually has as well! I really hope Paterson isn’t seen as a replacement for Zohore, we still need that target man. 

Paterson is better in the air than Zohore - and I think would prove better value. Personally, I think Paterson would be a good Fletcher replacement. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Paterson is better in the air than Zohore - and I think would prove better value. Personally, I think Paterson would be a good Fletcher replacement. 

you mean because he’s injury proneMonkmanface 

in all seriousness are him and Zohore similar players? I always thought Zohore was a target man where as Paterson wasn’t that type of player? 

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

in all seriousness are him and Zohore similar players? I always thought Zohore was a target man where as Paterson wasn’t that type of player? 

Zohore is shocking in the air. Ask Cardiff and West Brom fans 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Paterson has made over 250 appearances.

His role has been redefined over the years. He's a striker these days - and said himself he wants to lead the line for Scotland. He has physicality and a goal in him. Good age. A rough diamond for Beattie to sharpen up. Zohore would cost a fortune for someone whose just had two disappointing seasons. Paterson would be the smarter signing. 

If we can get Paterson and another younger and quicker forward then that’s a good strike force.  So far Monk’s signings have all impressed, and he seems to be bringing in the right sort of players. 

Will be interesting if Paterson would be a loan or permanent deal. 

• Like 2

If true re Zohore  and us perhaps pulling out of a deal, it shows a more prudent approach by DC. TBH it's hard to justify a huge outlay given the Covid situation, the problems with FFP and that in all probability our aim this year is to be in the Championship next year.

Should we do unbelievably well or badly by January, there is always another transfer window. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Paterson has made over 250 appearances.

His role has been redefined over the years. He's a striker these days - and said himself he wants to lead the line for Scotland. He has physicality and a goal in him. Good age. A rough diamond for Beattie to sharpen up. Zohore would cost a fortune for someone whose just had two disappointing seasons. Paterson would be the smarter signing. 

It’s possible Beattie could do something with him, but I don’t see too many forwards attributes in him. Could he learn to hold the ball up and bring others into play, because that’s what he’d need to do in our system. Ultimately, that’s why Warhurst failed. We all remember his goals, the pace and his ability to shoot on sight, but he was actually pretty poor as a striker and once defenders had worked out his game, he had nothing to contribute. Patterson looks the same to me, reasonably effective when thrust up front in an emergency, but certainly not a leader of the line.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

If true re Zohore  and us perhaps pulling out of a deal, it shows a more prudent approach by DC. TBH it's hard to justify a huge outlay given the Covid situation, the problems with FFP and that in all probability our aim this year is to be in the Championship next year.

Should we do unbelievably well or badly by January, there is always another transfer window. 

Maybe zohore is injured

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s possible Beattie could do something with him, but I don’t see too many forwards attributes in him. Could he learn to hold the ball up and bring others into play, because that’s what he’d need to do in our system. Ultimately, that’s why Warhurst failed. We all remember his goals, the pace and his ability to shoot on sight, but he was actually pretty poor as a striker and once defenders had worked out his game, he had nothing to contribute. Patterson looks the same to me, reasonably effective when thrust up front in an emergency, but certainly not a leader of the line.

I think Paterson has been learning trade craft as a striker. Watched an interview of Warnock speaking about him and using Mitrovic as an example for how to back into defenders and win battles. Paterson could become that sort. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

I think Paterson has been learning trade craft as a striker. Watched an interview of Warnock speaking about him and using Mitrovic as an example for how to back into defenders and win battles. Paterson could become that sort. 

Maybe, I’m not saying he can’t, and some players have adapted to a new role, and certainly Warnock will have seen more of him than me. When I have seen him though, including recent games, he looks distinctly makeshift. Still looks like a defender playing up front

9 minutes ago, Watto said:

All this talk about Paterson and the only link is Chansiri's son has followed him ...deary me...... desperate times 

You say that, but he gave us heads up on Dele-Bashiru & Dunkley. He then followed Kachunga - whom Dom Howson looked into and dismissed - then we signed the player.