Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

I noticed people having a meltdown over Murphy on twitter.

Have fans not figured out that's how loans generally are meant to work when successful? Player does a good job and then stays with parent club after improving or gets a move elsewhere. In this case he ain't going anywhere, if he was it then depends if we can afford him. Pretty simple.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

Disappointing because he was effective for us but seemed unlikely to rejoin. Hopefully we can still get someone similar on loan or someone like Dion Sanderson would give us better balance. 

Yeah I thought it would be difficult to get him back as I thought he had a terrific second half of the season, and with results Newcastle have been having it must be only a question of time before he gets picked.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, room0035 said:

That's FFP its nothing to do with payment of transfer fees.

PPF or P&S as it now is put the cost of the player as an asset so for Rhodes that was £8m that is then released or amortised at £2m a year.

But when we sign Rhodes from Boro we didn't pay Boro in £2m yearly installment we probably paid the majority of the fee straight away and the balance at a later date.

As I said previously I think you are getting the purchase of a player, mixed up with the accounting treatment of players for Financial fair play.

The same way we bought Windass for £500k, we paid that up front because Wigan needed the money being in administration, but in the accounts we will release the £500k over the life of his contract.

Where is the info available to say what the fee was for Windass and how we paid it ? 

• Haha 1

On 10/09/2020 at 11:07, WalthamOwl said:

Disappointing it sounds like no deals are close to being done.

We shouldn't be in this position nearly 3 weeks into the season with just one centre forward at the club , if the season had started poorly then there would have been a proper shi.tstorm on here but so far we've got away with it , only a matter of time before we get caught out and the lack of goals becomes apparent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Watto said:

We shouldn't be in this position nearly 3 weeks into the season with just one centre forward at the club , if the season had started poorly then there would have been a proper shi.tstorm on here but so far we've got away with it , only a matter of time before we get caught out and the lack of goals becomes apparent.

On the other hand, the recent announcement that clubs will not receive matchday revenue for another six months probably means DC has saved money as surely any fees and wage negotiations will now be more favorable for buying/loaning players.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Watto said:

imo we would have beaten Watford if we had a different type of striker available.

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

imo we would have beaten Watford if we had a different type of striker available.

Definitely. We bossed the first half. Had to score when we’re on top. 

12 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Definitely. We bossed the first half. Had to score when we’re on top. 

agree we bossed the first half but we created very little, apart from set pieces

where we struggled was in the second half when we began to tire. we didn't have the ability to hold the ball up front and allow others to join the play, to take the pressure off the defence. i'm hoping that a more physical type of forward would provide that option for us

If Murphy is off the table how about having another look at Rolando Aaron’s?

Should be available for about 500k. Did ok last time with us (admittedly not as good as Murphy did) and still only 25/26. 

Could be useful on the left wing being naturally left footed and quite pacey. 

Wouldn’t be the worst alternative given limited ability to spend and current status in the league. 

Edited by steelcityowlsfan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

If Murphy is off the table how about having another look at Rolando Aaron’s?

Should be available for about 500k. Did ok last time with us (admittedly not as good as Murphy did) and still only 25/26. 

Could be useful on the left wing being naturally left footed and quite pacey. 

Wouldn’t be the worst alternative given limited ability to spend and current status in the league. 

He couldn't get into Wycombe's L1 side last season.

2 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

I thought he was training though. I've seen video of him doing so.

Monk stated at begining of week he was 7-10 days from joining in training.

not kicking a ball 

Probably gentle stretching or jogging but certainly not kicking a ball. My guess of November is it stated he probably needs a couple of U/23 games before being under consideration for first team. Osaze started training with first team last week and played 45 mins for u/23 this week. He will probably need a couple more games before back in contention. Dunkley has been out longer than him and has he is not yet kicking a ball November was a guess. Hope I am wrong but certainly will not be imminent.