Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Derby sign Bobby Duncan. Quite an exciting signing that, type of player I would love us to take a chance on. 

Derby have had an interesting window. I still expect them to be troubling the Top 6 before the end of the season unless the EFL appeal casts a shadow over their season in the same way the EFL charge was allowed to cast a shadow over us last season?

25 minutes ago, peggyowl said:

Reach has flattered to deceive for the last 12 months.   His inability to tackle and actually his work rate have been shocking.

While I dont disagree entirely, to be fair to him, thought he did well at Rochdale and had a positive impact when he came on as sub last week, certainly less anonymous than he's been (as you rightly say) for the last year or so. 

Monk trying to convert him to a striker, while I'm not convinced that's going to work, think we need to cut Reach a little bit of slack while he adjusts to a new position (and I've been one of his harshest critics)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Its not for Premier leagues there can be installment but there is not a chance that Forest would sell a play the allow, Villa to pay them over 4 years.

I think you might be getting the payment of a player and the accounting treatment of a player mixed up.

We don't owe Boro any money for Rhodes we probably paid for him with the first few months of him joining us, as Steve Gibson would not have kept quite if we still owed then but equally we have account for that fee over the length of Rhodes Contract so the hit for P&S is only £2m a season instead of £8m back in 16/17 season.

I'm not getting mixed up, that's how transfers work. Do you think premier league Man U paid  £100m for Pogba up front? 

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Its not for Premier leagues there can be installment but there is not a chance that Forest would sell a play the allow, Villa to pay them over 4 years.

That kind of arrangement is the rule, not the exception. I recall us losing out on a sale of Andy Booth to Leicester before we were relegated from the Premier League because we insisted on the full amount up front. As is our way, we ended up letting Huddersfield have him a few months later for something like 20% of the previous fee offered.

Chansiri's comments about the proposed sale of Jordan Rhodes to Norwich also indicated this was the case for that deal. Even if we'd given him away to Norwich for a bag of footballs, it would have cost us big time because the balance of the fee due to Middlesbrough would have been required at that point instead of equally shared across the remainder of the original contract term.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

That kind of arrangement is the rule, not the exception. I recall us losing out on a sale of Andy Booth to Leicester before we were relegated from the Premier League because we insisted on the full amount up front. As is our way, we ended up letting Huddersfield have him a few months later for something like 20% of the previous fee offered.

Chansiri's comments about the proposed sale of Jordan Rhodes to Norwich also indicated this was the case for that deal. Even if we'd given him away to Norwich for a bag of footballs, it would have cost us big time because the balance of the fee due to Middlesbrough would have been required at that point instead of equally shared across the remainder of the original contract term.

Correct remember one of the reporters saying the Rhodes deal was a loan until end of season then 2m a yr for four yrs after that ? All deals can be set up differently to suit the buying and selling club. That’s why some desks are gone very quickly and others take a long time to set up. And the main reason why we have been stuck with Rhodes up till now? That’s the gamble we took and at the time not many was against the signing? Looked like he would fire us up that season and it would have been a different outcome for the club

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Correct remember one of the reporters saying the Rhodes deal was a loan until end of season then 2m a yr for four yrs after that ? All deals can be set up differently to suit the buying and selling club. That’s why some desks are gone very quickly and others take a long time to set up. And the main reason why we have been stuck with Rhodes up till now? That’s the gamble we took and at the time not many was against the signing? Looked like he would fire us up that season and it would have been a different outcome for the club

Can you post the link please because I have never heard of a football team taking 4 years to pay for a player transfer fee when the payment are not for add ons.

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Can you post the link please because I have never heard of a football team taking 4 years to pay for a player transfer fee when the payment are not for add ons.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-owner-dejphon-chansiris-ffp-fear-over-letting-jordan-rhodes-leave-free-norwich-city-2503631%3famp

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Loads of transfer fees are paid in instalments..

Pepe was 5 years...

https://www.90min.com/posts/6421980-arsenal-s-five-year-payment-plan-for-72m-signing-nicolas-pepe-revealed

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, room0035 said:

It's a murky world mate. Not all transfers will be constructed the same but it's common to spread the payments. 

5 minutes ago, Nut said:

It's a murky world mate. Not all transfers will be constructed the same but it's common to spread the payments. 

Cheers nut 👍 knew I’d seen it somewhere was in the process of looking for it? Too rite the transfer of players take on all different forms sure one of Jamie Vardy transfers involved kits and balls aswell as money😳 like I said some deals are done and dusted very quickly cus it might be a nominal fee up front or half now rest in instalments? The wickham deal back in January took weeks to sort out and that was only a loan? And I think that’s why we might get zohore on or around the last day? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

The only player we sold for any fee of note was Lucas Joao which was rumoured to be something like £5m up front and another couple of million conditional. Only other possible transaction I can think of would be compensation for Steve Bruce leaving but we had no confirmation that was ever satisfactorily settled apart from assumptions made due to the subsequent silence on the matter.

Joao was 7m up front

we got 3.5m for Bruce and co which was misreported in the press as payment of this was never an issue.

Id bet we got at least 500k for Hunt.

I know it suits the rhetoric to state we’re not bribing any cash in but that changed last summer 

Every deal varies dependant on fee, add-ons, length of contract etc. Generally the norm is 50% on signing which has to be proven to the respective league that it’s been deposited, followed by agreed annual instalments which are usually in line with the term of the players contract.

Edited by King_Monkey
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Seems one or two clubs are looking to capitalise on the P&S suspension by going for it. Especially Forest 

Only two years ago Forest recorded a £32M profit I read. Plus they've sold Cash for £15M, Arvin Appiah for £8M, Osbourn for £3.5M, Soudani for £2.7M, Chema for £1.3M and Tachtsidis for £450k in the last 12 months.