Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

6 hours ago, Plonk said:

And we think we’ve been badly run? Surely with that sort of wage bill Forest have got to be sailing close to FFP icebergs

Nah mate because unlike us they also sell players £14m for cash will help to balance the books. Plus they always sell players on for good money.

2 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

We raised 10/11m last season 

The only player we sold for any fee of note was Lucas Joao which was rumoured to be something like £5m up front and another couple of million conditional. Only other possible transaction I can think of would be compensation for Steve Bruce leaving but we had no confirmation that was ever satisfactorily settled apart from assumptions made due to the subsequent silence on the matter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, York_Owl said:

I thought Harry Arter was quality for Fulham against us. Exactly the sort of midfielder we’ve been missing and should have signed post play off final.

He wanted £30,000 a week that puts him outside of our price range and really any team in the championship not getting failure payment.

47 minutes ago, Nut said:

The problem is the £16m fee will be spread over the term of his contract so the amount they receive this year probably won't cover their wage bill for a month. 

I am confused about what you are on about here, Forest received the fee it all goes into this year not over the life of his contract with the team he signed for???

11 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Forgot they’d got Zach Clough.....

Nottingham Forest are reportedly trying to offload a minimum of five players before the transfer window closes next month.

That’s according to The Athletic’s Forest correspondent Paul Taylor who made the claim on Twitter.

Michael Hefele and Yohan Benalouane are set to be deemed surplus to requirements with Scott McKenna set to check in from Aberdeen.

Winger Albert Adomah is another player not currently training with the first-team and he’s not thought to be in Sabri Lamouchi’s plans either.

The ex-Middlesbrough player went on loan to Cardiff City last season but is now way down the pecking order.

Another is Zach Clough who hasn’t played for the Reds since January 2018 during a 2-0 win over Wolves.

The forward signed for the Reds in 2017 from Bolton and at £2.5 million it seemed as though he would be a steal.

Sadly, things haven’t worked out and a number of managers haven’t fancied him to make an impact on the team.

Another who the club are working to offload is left-back Gaetan Bong, who has played just once since signing from Brighton.

He lasted just under an hour of a 1-0 defeat to Charlton in February and has barely been seen in the first-team fold since.

The club would like to get the 32-year-old off the books, with just a year left on his current contract.

Zac Clough - believe me is way below the standard we should be considering.

To be fair to him he cane into Bolton’s first team after some excellent displays in for the Academy team and was literally an overnight sensation bagging a few goal and assists. Forest heard about his progression and paid handsomely for his services but the fact is he’s lightweight and struggled to even make the Forest first team. Bolton took him back on loan but he underperformed so they sent him back. Rochdale then took him on loan and again he didn’t make an impression there so he’s now 25 years old and Forest won’t renew his contract. 
Our own Academy players would make more of an impression than Zac Clough believe me.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I am confused about what you are on about here, Forest received the fee it all goes into this year not over the life of his contract with the team he signed for???

It's common for clubs to pay for a player in instalments over the length of their contract so if Cash signed a 4 year contract, Forest will probably receive £4m a year over 4 years. This is not set in stone as Mcguigan pointed out earlier. Sometimes a club will accept a lower amount for a player in order to receive most or all of the money upfront. If the player is then sold during the term of his contract, the outstanding balance becomes payable straight away which is why you will have seen posters on here  arguing that there was no point letting Rhodes leave on a free as it would trigger a payment to Middlesbrough which would have made our financial situation worse. It's also one of the reasons why clubs get into financial difficulties when they get relegated and their revenue drops. If clubs had to pay all transfer fees upfront it would be a big help in sorting out the financial mess a lot of clubs are in. 

• Like 1

QPR have had a £1.5 million bid rejected by Charlton Athletic for striker Macauley Bonne, as per a report by Wales Online. 

The Addicks are seemingly holding out for more money with the likes of Swansea City, Huddersfield Town and Barnsley also linked with a move for him.

18 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I just hope that after our decent start DC doesn’t think we can go with what we have got. 

Difficult to know but wouldn't be at all surprised if our transfer budget as been hit by the current pandemic crisis and by having no match-day fans. I'm still hoping we can make around 3 quality loan signings before the window shuts but I would imagine we need to offload someone in order to buy. Could be wrong and just guessing but with having to bring in around 3 or 4 players, it will be tricky unless we can find some more sensible signings like Brown and Windass, which is why we'd be best off avoiding the likes of Zohore on big wages. 

still think we should have tried harder to keep Nuhiu in relation to costs etc.

Defo need a big man up front, must be some ok frees about to compliment our current squad.

Re the rest of the squad i think unless we get an amazing loan deal then we just have to make do

• Like 1

4 hours ago, james o connor said:

Yeah basically they are the next Wednesday . Too many rubbish , expensive players , failing to go up and sailing up a certain creek 

They've already done it once about 4-5 years ago and clearly haven’t learnt their lesson. Think it was just a heavy transfer embargo that time.

41 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

QPR have had a £1.5 million bid rejected by Charlton Athletic for striker Macauley Bonne, as per a report by Wales Online. 

The Addicks are seemingly holding out for more money with the likes of Swansea City, Huddersfield Town and Barnsley also linked with a move for him.

Probably out of our price range, considering the numerous interest in him but was hoping that was the type of striker we'd be in for. Hopefully we find someone of similar quality on a free or on loan and be able to cover their wages instead, which is our best way of bringing in the quality we need without breaking the bank, as long as they ain't on too high wages. 

2 minutes ago, modboy said:

still think we should have tried harder to keep Nuhiu in relation to costs etc.

Defo need a big man up front, must be some ok frees about to compliment our current squad.

Re the rest of the squad i think unless we get an amazing loan deal then we just have to make do

It's reasonable to presume loan deals look like being the most likely and affordable way to bring in the quality we need? As long as they ain't on too high wages and their wages can be negotiated. Unless we can find a bargain worth taking or someone out of contract. We've only brought in one so far on loan, so we can make up to around three or four more loan signings if needs be. If we have to continue to be astute, that doesn't mean we can't still bring in the quality we need but it could take near to the close of the window in all likelihood. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

It's reasonable to presume loan deals look like being the most likely and affordable way to bring in the quality we need? As long as they ain't on too high wages and their wages can be negotiated. Unless we can find a bargain worth taking or someone out of contract. We've only brought in one so far on loan, so we can make up to around three or four more loan signings if needs be. If we have to continue to be astute, that doesn't mean we can't still bring in the quality we need but it could take near to the close of the window in all likelihood. 

im just not convinced we should be throwing millions towards the development of other clubs assets with the current financial plight of football.

There will be loads of players on frees/up for loan towards the end of the window.

A striker is a priority but elsewhere maybe we make do and develop our own and hope for the best until xmas?

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Difficult to know but wouldn't be at all surprised if our transfer budget as been hit by the current pandemic crisis and by having no match-day fans. I'm still hoping we can make around 3 quality loan signings before the window shuts but I would imagine we need to offload someone in order to buy. Could be wrong and just guessing but with having to bring in around 3 or 4 players, it will be tricky unless we can find some more sensible signings like Brown and Windass, which is why we'd be best off avoiding the likes of Zohore on big wages. 

Though that would give us an advantage over other clubs who might still be looking to offload their high earners, whereas we’ve got rid of most ours, would it not?

5 minutes ago, modboy said:

im just not convinced we should be throwing millions towards the development of other clubs assets with the current financial plight of football.

There will be loads of players on frees/up for loan towards the end of the window.

A striker is a priority but elsewhere maybe we make do and develop our own and hope for the best until xmas?

You could be right but I think we'd be better off signing what we need during this window, incase the season is impacted like last season or not completed. We need points on the board and despite our very good start, that could be undone if we don't have enough quality or depth especially in attacking areas. With the numerous midweek games this season and congested season, we still need to strengthen as much as we can, if we're able to bring in the quality we need. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

You could be right but I think we'd be better off signing what we need during this window, incase the season is impacted like last season or not completed. We need points on the board and despite our very good start, that could be undone if we don't have enough quality or depth especially in attacking areas. With the numerous midweek games this season and congested season, we still need to strengthen as much as we can, if we're able to bring in the quality we need. 

yes we simply have to bring in at least 1 if not 2 strikers. Rhodes, Windass and Kachunga imo won’t be enough over the course of a season. We need something different to them, a target man than can hold up the ball and bring those players in to the game. 

• Like 1

Just now, gurujuan said:

Though that would give us an advantage over other clubs who might still be looking to offload their high earners, whereas we’ve got rid of most ours, would it not?

It should do as long as we can afford their wages without impacting P&S or our current squad togetherness or dynamic, which looks improved to me at present.