Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

43 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Also in for Brewster, along with Palace and the piggies

He will cost millions. 

• Haha 2
44 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

Jordan Ibe having a medical at Derby over a free move from Bournemouth

decent player. Wonder if Derby would have still been able to attract players like that if they had been found guilty. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
5 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

From Sky Sports

10:41

FROM SHEFFIELD TO CYPRUS

Sam Hutchinson is set to join Cypriot side Pafos FC on a two-year deal, following his release by Sheffield Wednesday. 

Jason Puncheon plays for them apparently. Nice move for him, Paphos is a nice little city 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

From Sky Sports

10:41

FROM SHEFFIELD TO CYPRUS

Sam Hutchinson is set to join Cypriot side Pafos FC on a two-year deal, following his release by Sheffield Wednesday. 

They were formed in 2014 and average about 1,500 attendances from what I can see.

That's going to feel very strange after being a regular in the Championship for the past eight or nine seasons.

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

They were formed in 2014 and average about 1,500 attendances from what I can see.

That's going to feel very strange after being a regular in the Championship for the past eight or nine seasons.

Winding down to retirement I guess. Nice place to see out your time

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

Must be a massive drop in wages, even if the climate and location will be more tolerable than Sheffield 6.  

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

He's only just turned 31, which should give him a few more years on the clock, particularly at centre half. 

I wonder if his previous injury problems mean he's going to have a shorter career than most?

As you say, though - not a bad place to play for a few years if he's happy to wind down towards his second retirement.

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Not when there's no fans allowed anyway...

• Haha 1

Just look where all these so called "stars" end up plying their trade after recently leaving Wednesday, New Zealand, Cyprus, Peterborough, Fleetwood, Oldham, Bristol, Stoke..........not exactly going on to bigger and better things are they.

And people wonder why we are where we are. :duntmatter:

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, WadsleyOwl said:

Just look where all these so called "stars" end up plying their trade after recently leaving Wednesday, New Zealand, Cyprus, Peterborough, Fleetwood, Oldham, Bristol, Stoke..........not exactly going on to bigger and better things are they.

Is that because we kept them too long and should have got rid before their abilities declined significantly..... thereby saving paying salaries and maybe receiving some fees?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'd imagine the levels of scrutiny, media coverage, social media following etc... will all feel markedly different, too.

The suntan will feel different 

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, WadsleyOwl said:

We're not exactly 'Box Office' mate lol

• Like 3