Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Monk just asked about transfers. He said we are working behind the scenes but nothing is imminent. :bullen:

Concerning IMO.

Ok our first XI is fine, not brilliant but about average at this level.

But our bench today was weak; Wildsmith, Palmer, Shaw, Hunt, Dele-Bashiru, Reach, Kachunga.

Nothing against those players and I’m sure most of them will have a part to play this season.  But that’s the standard of player you’d expect a League One club to have on their bench.

Not sure enough quality in depth.

And with league fixtures coming thick and fast throughout autumn, it will be those teams that don’t have decent rotation options in reserve that will come unstuck once the 3-game-weeks kick in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

We have a difficult set of fixtures up to the window. Today showed we were lacking a get out ball, or taller striker for set plays. It sounds like we will be waiting until deadline day before we get our main striker 

We need a striker in before the game next weekend, we need someone that offers something different to what we already have and we need that player to be ready to come in to the 1st team straight away, not someone who will be out for a few weeks getting fit. Every game is so important and as well as we did today from a defensive point of view we looked weak up top. 

2 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Concerning IMO.

But our bench today was weak; Wildsmith, Palmer, Shaw, Hunt, Dele-Bashiru, Reach, Kachunga.

Nothing against those players and I’m sure most of them will have a part to play this season.  But that’s the standard of player you’d expect a League One club to have on their bench.

And with league fixtures coming thick and fast throughout autumn, it will be those teams that don’t have decent rotation options in reserve that will come unstuck once the 3-game-weeks kick in.

Disagree with the bench been league one subs standard,  I’d argue every single one of them would start week in week out at majority of league one clubs 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Concerning IMO.

You would expect league one clubs to have Adam Reach on their bench.

WTF:

30 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

You would expect league one clubs to have Adam Reach on their bench.

Not Reach, no.  He does have pedigree in the Championship, so that’s an oversight on my part.  Although he’s a player totally lacking any kind of form for a long time now.

4 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Disagree with the bench been league one subs standard,  I’d argue every single one of them would start week in week out at majority of league one clubs 

Well I’m not going to start tearing strips off our players after 2 league games into the season.

But put it this way, from mid-October to early-November we have 7 league games in 3 weeks.  And from mid-November to 2nd January we have 12 league games in 6 weeks.

Having strength in reserve is going to be key this season.

Do you think honestly think the squad we have now has enough quality in depth to negotiate its way through that gruelling fixture list?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Not Reach, no.  He does have pedigree in the Championship, so that’s an oversight on my part.  Although he’s a player totally lacking any kind of form for a long time now.

Well I’m not going to start tearing strips off our players after 2 league games into the season.

But put it this way, from mid-October to early-November we have 7 league games in 3 weeks.  And from mid-November to 2nd January we have 12 league games in 6 weeks.

Having strength in reserve is going to be key this season.

Do you think honestly think the squad we have now has enough quality in depth to negotiate its way through that gruelling fixture list?

Agree we need loads more... especially the way monk has them pressing .

• Like 1
2 hours ago, james o connor said:

No nuihu signed for a bigger club . Super sammy is obviously scratching around for what he can get 

did Hutch end up signing for them before the deadline?