Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

controversial but With the money suggested surely we can get Wickham on a loan with a view to permanent isn’t he in his last year? 

that said there’s no way club is paying 8million ( as wba didn’t ) and that we would pay 50k a week 

probably not even coming for talks on Monday too 

but I 100% trust our recruitment this year the think the players have been excellent and the team spirit has been a huge transformation 

Cardiff looked very poor yesterday is that a testimony to our workmanlike winning attitude I hope so 

Zohore would be an excellent signing 

8 minutes ago, fpowl said:

controversial but With the money suggested surely we can get Wickham on a loan with a view to permanent isn’t he in his last year? 

Wickham can’t stay fit,  yeah he’s a good fit personality wise and would love to come back but I think it would be a massive gamble for us to take with his fitness record ,  did look sharp towards the end of last season but yet again he’s injured and would be starting from scratch 

Zohore, Garner and another wing back option would be ideal.  Hopefully yesterday’s positive start helps players choose us despite how the table looks 

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Zohore, Garner and another wing back option would be ideal.  Hopefully yesterday’s positive start helps players choose us despite how the table looks 

A valid point, keep the positive start going and transfer targets will look at us in a different light.

26 minutes ago, fpowl said:

that said there’s no way club is paying 8million ( as wba didn’t ) and that we would pay 50k a week 

but I 100% trust our recruitment this year the think the players have been excellent and the team spirit has been a huge transformation 

Cardiff looked very poor yesterday is that a testimony to our workmanlike winning attitude I hope so 

Looking on WBA Forum they didn't pay 8m, that's including add ons

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

I really think our midfield at the minute with Brown, Bannan and Luongo, may be the best we’ve seen at S6 for a while

To add someone with the potential that Garners got, would be a fantastic bit of business for the club , I also think Alex Hunt is capable of making a contribution this season and would be interesting to see if we would consider loaning him out if we do add to the squad, looks to be rated highly at the club 

• Like 4

All gone quiet on DaCruz.
 (Awaits the ‘good’ n ‘thank god’ comments) 😂

32 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

All gone quiet on DaCruz.
 (Awaits the ‘good’ n ‘thank god’ comments) 😂

personally think Kachunga is the replacement for Da Cruz. Already he looks a better player than him! 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

personally think Kachunga is the replacement for Da Cruz. Already he looks a better player than him! 

Don’t think there was much to debate on that one even before seeing Kachunga, anyone who seen a bit of him at Huddersfield would’ve seen he’s a better player than Da Cruz ,  who i don’t think was a terrible player ..and we lost nowt having a look at him , but not championship standard 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Why would we want Wickham back 

• Like 4
44 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Just seen some of Ipswich v Wigan. Like the look of the young Wigan left winger, Solomon-Otabor, very fast direct  and displayed good passing ability. IMO worth looking at.

They’ve only just signed him last week

Interesting seeing views on what we want, arguments can be made for about 5 players.

We need another centre back preferably a left sided one., judging on games this season.

If Loungo is not available replacement at moment is Pelupessy and that is no real replacement so in ideal world another defensive midfield is required.

Although we have a few wing backs we have only one left footer (if Reach not used in this role) and think this is an issue, so I can understand argument for another left wingback.

Clearly at least one short up front. Although a player good in air would be useful the way we play pace is more importnat. If Windass injured it would impact us. Having a pacey striker requires other team to defend deeper and it allows the likes of Rhodes to play nearer opponents goal where he is more effective.

Keeping Brown and Luongo (both who I thought where excellent yesterday) fit is going to be so important to our season. If either get injured we haven’t got suitable replacements which is a worry. 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

I wonder whether Monk may try and loan out a couple of the younger players to get them regular game time. Might free up space for some incoming loans. 

good idea. Let’s loan out young Westwood.

• Haha 2