Jump to content

Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Let’s see, to be honest quite optimistic with Rhodes windass and kachunga , all played well yesterday, I mean of course we need more in but 

What happens if 2 pick up injuries and this season we play Saturday and midweek nearly every week

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If it was an option, I think we could find better than Zohore on the continent, but I wouldn’t be unhappy if we land him. At least it’s a targeted signing, and he has a lot of the attributes Monk is looking for, unlike some of the other signings, like Rhodes and Winnall for example. 

Edited by gurujuan
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

This.

 


If he comes it suggests the complete opposite.

 

Be quite easy for him to turn up to training every day, throw it off, never play and take his money at WBA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I don't particularly want a player on 50k a week, he will have no hunger and he reportedly plays like that anyway, go for someone else


I live in Walsall and have a few mates that are West Brom season ticket holders and none of them have anything positive to say about Zohore.

I stated that he hadn’t impressed me that much at Cardiff or West Brom and this is the response from one of them...

 

“Can only agree. He might be the type of player however who would work better in a two - which we have never afforded him a chance in so doing. For a big, tall chap he does need to learn how to use his body mass to a better effect. The potential is there - it just needs to be coaxed out of him......step in Gary Monk 🤔

 

However, they all agreed that they also hadn’t got a good word for Jacob Murphy either during his time with them and that he looked a totally different player during his time at Wednesday 🤷🏻‍♂️
 

Sounds a big risk to me, unless he Is prepared to come here on a salary in line with our current budget. 🤔

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bloxwich Owl said:


I live in Walsall and have a few mates that are West Brom season ticket holders and none of them have anything positive to say about Zohore.

I stated that he hadn’t impressed me that much at Cardiff or West Brom and this is the response from one of them...

 

“Can only agree. He might be the type of player however who would work better in a two - which we have never afforded him a chance in so doing. For a big, tall chap he does need to learn how to use his body mass to a better effect. The potential is there - it just needs to be coaxed out of him......step in Gary Monk 🤔

 

However, they all agreed that they also hadn’t got a good word for Jacob Murphy either during his time with them and that he looked a totally different player during his time at Wednesday 🤷🏻‍♂️
 

Sounds a big risk to me, unless he Is prepared to come here on a salary in line with our current budget. 🤔


Exactly this.  I agreed with the WBA lads who post on here and warned us about Murphy for the first half of last season.  He was shiiiite and extremely frustrating but really did turn it around.

 

Players go stale, need new ideas and fresh challenges.  Whoever thought that the useless piece of shiiiite that was Leon Clarke would do what he did against us for United?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Costello 77 said:

Some scary numbers being bandied about in this thread.

Gives me a bad feeling if true.


If his wages are 50K due to promotion and we pay 20-30% of his wages then the numbers are fine for all parties.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:


If his wages are 50K due to promotion and we pay 20-30% of his wages then the numbers are fine for all parties.

Yeah I suppose so.

It is giving me nasty flashbacks tho..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:


If he comes it suggests the complete opposite.

 

Be quite easy for him to turn up to training every day, throw it off, never play and take his money at WBA.

 

See what your saying and IF he has that attitude (obviously we don't know yet) I don't want him anywhere near our club.

Edited by Ray Von shabba
Link to post
Share on other sites

Out with a calf injury apparently. Hopefully if we do sign him it won’t be weeks until we actually see him play for us. Hope we manage to get Zohore or a similar player but also bring in another striker. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 83owl said:

If he signed for £8m then £50k a week probably isn’t far off.


He was signed in the championship and they are premier league wages. We’re not paying Rhodes that money and he won’t have been on huge money at Cardiff either 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure we will pick someone up, personally I'm another one who, when it comes to zohore, I don't get the hype personally. 

 

That said, with any signing, you don't know, so happy to be proved wrong. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I don't particularly want a player on 50k a week, he will have no hunger and he reportedly plays like that anyway, go for someone else


I can’t see us even being involved in talks at that level. Most of our signings seem to be estimated around 10-15k pw as a first team player, perhaps higher if an exceptional signing. But a jump to that kind of money would undo everything and disrupt the squad. Also with reduced income no one will pay it. 

 

One thing I have learned from speaking to people who have been ITK is that the numbers for wages and fees put in the press are almost entirely guesswork.

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If he is arriving for talks that to me sounds like either we have agreed a fee and it’s his wages to be agreed( with our new budget ) he must be in our range? Or it’s a loan where wba have agreed a % of his wages ( 50%) arguments sss as me and now we have to sort a deal with him where we pay a % of what’s left? So in theory he could be taking a pay cut to come here ? I mate of my brother worked in Brum yrs ago and knew Roger Johnson he took a big pay cut to come to us on loan under Dave Jones because he wanted to play ? We paid half his wages and he stood to other half ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Cardiff fans said Zohore never won a header for them in all his time playing. 

Nobody has anything good to say about him from what I’ve seen. Really don’t want another waster on big money and an ego to match 

Edited by shez owl
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

What happens if 2 pick up injuries and this season we play Saturday and midweek nearly every week

We have Adam Reach :ph34r: 

Edited by marcx666
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...