Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Bristol City sign Steven Sessegnon on loan from Fulham. 

A very good signing. Hopefully we can get someone like Sanderson or Murphy. Harris, Palmer and Penney, look good but over a long season with numerous midweek games, we'll need depth and adaptability. Murphy suited us very well and stood out last season, we need that level of effectiveness replicated by someone. At present Brown looks our smartest signing but we need at least a couple more signings of that level of quality. 

15 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Colin will get them back in the top half. But it's hard to see anyone except for Brentford and possibly Forest, pushing the parachute payment clubs. 

Forest peaked last season and as I live in Nottingham the word is that the fan base is very divided on Lamouchi. He’s a bit like Carvalhal in that regard. Plus they’ve lost their best player in Cash. Brentford could well lose Benrahma and Watkins which is massive for them and it could take them time to adjust to that.

To me the league is wide open this season with no real standout favourites. Quite often the relegated clubs struggle to adapt but think Norwich have the best chance.

Shame we are starting on -12 with the league looking so poor. Obviously there’s always one or two teams who surprise a few but unfortunately it won’t be us with the mountain we have to climb.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swiss Toni said:

Forest peaked last season and as I live in Nottingham the word is that the fan base is very divided on Lamouchi. He’s a bit like Carvalhal in that regard. Plus they’ve lost their best player in Cash. Brentford could well lose Benrahma and Watkins which is massive for them and it could take them time to adjust to that.

To me the league is wide open this season with no real standout favourites. Quite often the relegated clubs struggle to adapt but think Norwich have the best chance.

Shame we are starting on -12 with the league looking so poor. Obviously there’s always one or two teams who surprise a few but unfortunately it won’t be us with the mountain we have to climb.

I'm not so sure how open it will be but to me it seems like the parachute clubs and clubs like Brentford may have a bigger advantage this season, with the money they can spend and the wages they'll be able to offer compared with the rest of the League.

Usually there are quite a few surprises at this level and there still may be so but my thinking is that all the extra midweek games will in the long run will benefit the teams with stronger depth.

You might be proved right about Brentford and Forest, I strongly fancy the parachute clubs but Brentford and Forest should have money to spend from player sales and should be determined to get it right this time. I still think Brentford could be there or thereabouts again if they continue to sell and reinvest smartly.

However, it's hard to see past the relegated  clubs and the rest of the parachute payment clubs in my opinion, even more so because of the current financial climate and the condensed fixture calendar. 

Edited by The Night-Owl

Huddersfield Town have confirmed the signing of Spanish right-back Pipa from Espanyol for an undisclosed fee. 

Formally known as Gonzalo Avila Gordon but universally referred to by his mononym, the 22 year old becomes the Terriers’ third signing of the summer following Danny Ward’s free transfer from Cardiff and Joel Pereira’s loan from Manchester United.

The attack-minded full-back will wear the number 2 shirt and is expected to be Town’s first-choice right-back in the season ahead after signing a 3 year contract. The club also have the option of triggering a further year's extension.

11 hours ago, LoanRanger said:

Absolutely agree.

We're obviously waiting for a deal that's right for the club. No doubt we could sign someone available right now to bulk up the numbers, that could maybe get us 6-7 goals, and may or may not fit the system that well... or we can wait and try and get the right player, potentially a late PL loanee in a month's time who hits 15-16 for us. Everyone is acutely aware of the need to come out of the blocks quickly but if you look at the two above options the latter is the one that gets us the points to stay up, even only starting from October.

Really struggle to fathom posters who think Monk is just sitting there happy-out with his current lot. He knows we don't have enough, and knows he'll lose his job if we don't hit the ground running. Too many people here have played too much football manager...

Quite a few think ten games will give us a good idea of how GM will. If you are happy to write off the first four games he’s going to have a mountain to climb. If teams pick up four or five points we could be sixteen points away from safety after that first four. 

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Dom saying he doesn’t expect us to have any deals done before the Cardiff game. :bullen:

Monk was saying this before the Walsall game , not good enough when we've had since the end of July to sort the forward situation

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I wouldn't be surprised if afew clubs came in for Adam Reach. 

Mainly, Derby County for some reason..

How much would it take? I'm guessing 5 to 7m? 

I reckon 2-3 but whether we’d accept that, is another matter.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
7 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I wouldn't be surprised if afew clubs came in for Adam Reach. 

Mainly, Derby County for some reason..

How much would it take? I'm guessing 5 to 7m? 

I’d take 2 million