Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

It is possible that Stoke will look to get rid of Ryan Woods either on permanent or on loan deal in the summer. Would be good signing for most clubs looking to play passing football at this level. Doesn't look good fit for Millwall.

2 hours ago, malek said:

It is possible that Stoke will look to get rid of Ryan Woods either on permanent or on loan deal in the summer. Would be good signing for most clubs looking to play passing football at this level. Doesn't look good fit for Millwall.

Woods, clucas and Campbell I'd take in a heartbeat. But they'll all cost a wedge and be on ££££. 

Keinan Davis and James Chester out of contract at Villa I see

37 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Transfer ban ?

I think he is meaning it is what we seem to do  - the last two summers we have been under embargos on signing players and the likely losing of the ground sale appeal, will probably lead to some sort of restriction of trade or ban for the club should we lose.

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I think he is meaning it is what we seem to do  - the last two summers we have been under embargos on signing players and the likely losing of the ground sale appeal, will probably lead to some sort of restriction of trade or ban for the club should we lose.

You're still allowed to bring in free agents and pay up to a decent wage per week, 10-12K I think, which if we're in L1 is top, top dollar and isn't bad even in the Championship. There are restrictions on size of the squad though.

5 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Didn't realise regards Mowatt. But think him and Chaplin from dingles would be relatively cheap. 

Brown I think could be picked up for couple of million. 

Personally as well as the big wages on out of contract, I'd be looking for hutch and Westwood to move on, and I'd get rid of either Bannan or Reach of we received an offer of note for them 

Brown will be in a very similar situation to what Hector was in, earlier this season.

We all thought Hector would only go for a relatively modest amount...but the fact is, Chelsea demand (and usually get) very good fees for their youngsters.

And there's an argument to say, Brown is at a better age, and has more resale potential than Hector. 

I'd be surprised if he went for less than £4m...and even that may be considered a bargain by some. Which probably rules us out.

58 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'd like Jackson Irvine. 6 foot odd. Puts himself about. Gets ups and down.

Haven't they recently made him Captain recently? 

I'd be stunned if McCann wasn't desperately trying to tie him down to a new deal

A very good box to box midfielder. I wanted us to sign him when he was at Burton. Irvine and Luongo would be very handy in a 3 man midfield, at this level.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'd be stunned if McCann wasn't desperately trying to tie him down to a new deal

To be fair Hull are dropping like a stone and could very well get relegated. He maybe waiting to see what happens there, selling your best players mid way through the season won't entice those ones out of contract.

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

32 minutes ago, GerOwl said:

To be fair Hull are dropping like a stone and could very well get relegated. He maybe waiting to see what happens there, selling your best players mid way through the season won't entice those ones out of contract.

Hull have one year option on Irvine's contract. 

20 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Izzy Brown

Alex Mowatt

Elias Kachunga

Danny Ward

Rudy Gestede

Kevin Stewart

Jackson Irvine

James Bree

Jack Colback

Courtney Senior

All available/out of contract and wouldn't cost the earth

Kachunga ?  The one who used to play for 'uddersfield ? I'd make a note of him,  FFS :duntmatter:

All lot of the players who are being mentioned as possible signings who are out of contract in the summer will most likely sign new contracts before their contracts expire. If we fancy signing them they are probably too good for their existing clubs just to let them go.

From the outside other clubs might look at Fletcher and Fox and fancy signing them.  The club want to renew. With any luck they won't just walk away.

Obviously there will be some who refuse to sign but that is just a ploy to push their wages up in the open market. 'No transfer fee so I want more wages'.  They want big wages we probably can't afford.

We need to look for special situations. Find players not wanted because they don't fit the system at their current club but they could fit ours. Ones who've fallen out with their manager, those just not rated, like Harris, Premier League cast offs. All slightly odd situations that are a calculated risk but at a cheap wage so it doesn't matter if a few fail.

If you are shopping in the bargain basement you need to be imaginative and have a good eye for talent.

It’s going to be interesting to see what kind of recruitment process we decide to go through this summer. I’m not convinced while ever DC is the owner that we’ll go for young hungry players who may be developed and maybe become saleable assets?

2 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

It’s going to be interesting to see what kind of recruitment process we decide to go through this summer. I’m not convinced while ever DC is the owner that we’ll go for young hungry players who may be developed and maybe become saleable assets?

DC will be guided by the manager. I hope (think) he was guided by the manager at the time, (or his advisor but the advisor has less sway now.)

Bruce was the turning point and hopefully he now realises that money is only part of the answer.

(I hope iI'm right.)