Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Never the be all and end all when playing youth football but think Adedoyin is more of a right winger/forward,  Simmonds am sure is left footed but has played centrally as well 

Both look talents to be fair,  I’ve also been told GM rates the young lad Manu Hidalgo very highly 

Other way around; Simmonds is right-footed, Adedoyin is a leftie.

2 hours ago, Nero said:

Think the final forward signing will be a loan signing in the shape of a Tammy Abraham style/type player from a Premier club. It would make sense.

If we can get someone half as effective that would be a decent forward line.

I agree , we can by hook or crook field a competitive 11 now... let's wait till end of window and get a prem striker on loan ...  Andre gray ?? Dreaming I know 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Craig enock said:

I agree , we can by hook or crook field a competitive 11 now... let's wait till end of window and get a prem striker on loan ...  Andre gray ?? Dreaming I know 

We will have to save that to our Autumnal Transfer Section now !

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

This is what happened last season, some quite shrewd freebie signings early on, then you thought we would add the exciting youngsters that had been championed, but nothing Then to make matters worse, we sold Joao the only player with enough in his legs to run around Surely we aren’t going to make the same mistakes this time around

It looks like any youth in the squad is going to come from within with the likes of Hunt, Shaw, Urgohide etc.?

5 hours ago, Craig enock said:

Andre Gray is actually championship striker now. 

Hopefully we can sign more players before October.  

I still think Wickham is our missing striker/ target man much better then the ancient Martin people keep going on about 

he’s mobile and  strongwoukd Would cause all kind of problems an attacking line of 

windass.             Brown.           Harris 

Kachunga  Wickham 

• Haha 1

Watford have too many strikers and would have even more if FF signed there. Andre Gray would be on huge wages and no doubt out of our range but I’ve always thought he represents the type of player we have missed for years and can never understand how we miss them.

He was doing well at Luton when Milan was here and couldve had him for the cost of a May. Then when DC arrived we could’ve had him for less than what we paid for Rhodes but the recruitment and plan wasn’t really in place. 

Anyway, even if he was available now the two players we just signed play the role he does. We need a Deeney/Murray

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I still think Wickham is our missing striker/ target man much better then the ancient Martin people keep going on about 

he’s mobile and  strongwoukd Would cause all kind of problems an attacking line of 

Kachunga  Wickham 

He didn't show it last season. 

Apart from in patches. He's a bit like Rhodes. Spent force. 

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Kachunga  Wickham 

wickham has a far worse record than Chris Martin , much prefer Martin especially considering that would be a permanent 

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Kachunga  Wickham 

He should be strong, looked like a part time footballer full time bodybuilder in his last loan spell.

4 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

In the space of 24 hours Rhodes has dropped from number 1 striker to number 3. The lad must be full of confidence.

I imagine there will be games where all three start. Not every game of course but I could certainly see us going with a 343 where 2 of the 3 forwards are hard working and slotting back into midfield at times.  We have more players that fall into that category; wide forward, come attacking midfielder than we do have strikers.  Windass, Kachunga, Reach, Brown, Harris....

18 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

In the space of 24 hours Rhodes has dropped from number 1 striker to number 3. The lad must be full of confidence.

Well it's up to him to bang some goals in on saturday then. 

He's been crap for 5 years, not sure that last 24hrs particularly pivotal in his career decline.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Kachunga  Wickham 

Did you see running around Grenoside woods or something?

Certainly what he did on the pitch last season he was looking nowhere near mobile, as slow as Nuhiu and Rhodes.

20 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

I would hope that none of those three will be in our starting line up when the squad is finalised. However, I would start all three against Walsall. We need to win, it can’t be a draw, so let’s see what all three can do. Goals in this game will do them all the world of good. That’s how Norwich got him scoring, by letting him get some confidence in games like this

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I would hope that none of those three will be in our starting line up when the squad is finalised. However, I would start all three against Walsall. We need to win, it can’t be a draw, so let’s see what all three can do. Goals in this game will do them all the world of good. That’s how Norwich got him scoring, by letting him get some confidence in games like this

Certainly agree with the second part of this - all three starting and high energy, high press game with three forwards that are all capable of chipping in with a goal. Great opportunity to boost fitness and morale IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Certainly agree with the second part of this - all three starting and high energy, high press game with three forwards that are all capable of chipping in with a goal. Great opportunity to boost fitness and morale IMO. 

That’s it, we will need to call on them quite often early season, so some goals and an early confidence booster is just what’s required. What will probably happen is, the 2 new lads will be on the bench, we’ll stutter to a 0-0 draw, and then go out on penalties 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, gurujuan said:

That’s it, we will need to call on them quite often early season, so some goals and an early confidence booster is just what’s required. What will probably happen is, the 2 new lads will be on the bench, we’ll stutter to a 0-0 draw, and then go out on penalties 

It's the Wednesday way!

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t think we will have signed Windass and Kachunga just to bench them. 

• Like 1