Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Presumably because this is the first time in my lifetime that we start a season on -12 points. We have lost half of our squad last season and the remains of the senior players will be free agents next June.

They have had very little preseason, injuries will happen and currently we are struggling to put a completive first 11 out, match practise has not happened because of the closeness to the last season to this one. The team is being asked to play a new way and a new formation but had no match practise to hone it because other LCFC we have played no pre season friendlies. Add to that so many players are not even at the club yet, so how can we expect the team to be ready for the start of the season. 

In past seasons when we have had a lot of players we have taken 6-10 games, to get used to playing together at that point this season we could be 15-20 adrift of 4th bottom.

Fans are not entitled but equally they expect to club to act in a professional way and get the team ready to play 46 games not 40 games because we are going to need every point just to stay in the league.  

Did we struggle to put a team out Saturday? I could have swore, 11 started and we made numerous subs too. Crazy what can do with CGI effects nowadays. 

Whether you think the squad is good enough or not is fine, but don’t have to post such none sense to make your points surely. 

We’ll be ready to play all the games. That’s the managers job, to make do with what they have. I wish there was a forum when we played defenders as strikers as we were so threadbare. Can you imagine the hissy fits and flouncing we’d read about back then. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Is this cliche bingo? 

To address your point - ‘we pay top prices and we’re promised top players’ 

Dont we have on our books despite quite a few players leaving: 

- The record scorer in this division ever? 
- Ex GK team of the year winner? 
- The player who created the most chances per minute in the league last season 

- Top creative midfielders by key passes made per game 

Did your top player quote have a quota of how many? Should it be two in every position? How much money should the club lose before your cost is justified? Should we risk a bigger fine/deduction to satisfy your seemingly need for top players? 

I’m actually delighted the club is cutting its cloth a bit better and negotiating harder on deals / not spending for sake of getting them in at all costs. What I find odd is the same posters demanding Chansiri pay the extra million or two to make the Rhodes deal happen are the same that bemoan high prices and how the club has been deducted points. 

Crazy, hypercritical, entitled. That’s what’s become of a fan base that was revered across the country! 

Two strikers would be a start.

As for the same posters demanding, you are just making things up now.

If we have all these great players in place why have we only produced relegation form this year?

In normal circumstances, I'd be all for hanging on until the end of the window in the hope of securing better players etc.

However, as others have said, we absolutely cannot afford a slow start this year - if we do have our usual sluggish start, we're as good as down.  Which makes it more baffling that we haven't adapted ourselves in the transfer market to this.  Surely early business was more crucial than ever this year - we should have either upped our financial offers to get deals done early (if finances allowed), or lowered our sights and gone for more realistic targets for a low end Championship side.  We needed most of our players in for the majority of pre-season, and we commend the club for getting Dunkley Brown and Fisayo done early, but we've now ground to a halt in the pursuit of the position we always needed to strengthen the most.

We need at the absolute least 2 strikers, and even that leaves us short I think (you'd have to optimistically hope Rhodes starts to make an impact, and that Hagan is capable of being our 4th striker, which are huge assumptions).  If our eggs are now all in the Premier League loan basket, not only do we have to wait and start the season with one senior striker (who has been underperforming for seasons now), we also risk these targets signing elsewhere and us missing out altogether.  Then we're in absolute panic buying territory, where we'll have to pay over the odds or sign worse players.  We may aswell have done that weeks ago and at least given them a pre-season with us.  Its almost as if the gravity of our situation isn't hitting home yet, and we'll just waltz our way out of the -12.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Did we struggle to put a team out Saturday? I could have swore, 11 started and we made numerous subs too. Crazy what can do with CGI effects nowadays. 

Whether you think the squad is good enough or not is fine, but don’t have to post such none sense to make your points surely. 

We’ll be ready to play all the games. That’s the managers job, to make do with what they have. I wish there was a forum when we played defenders as strikers as we were so threadbare. Can you imagine the hissy fits and flouncing we’d read about back then. 

We played Reach as a striker, a position he has never played for us and probably any professional team in his life.

That wether you like it or not is struggling to put a side out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

We play a 3-5-2 with 1 striker at the club, we have wing backs but don't have any at the club.

Anyone can pick a team of 11 players but actually playing players in the position they should be. Monks wants to play a 3-5-2.

So we need 3 centre backs well we now have 6 so no issues there. He wants 2 wing backs currently we have none, we have full backs, we have players who can play out wide, but we don't have any players who can both defend and attack and create chances for the forwards as well as keep the defense tight as that is what a wing back is.

We then look in the midfield 3 we need creativity, we need goals and we need someone who can put his foot in, currently we have creativity but we have very few goals and no one who can put his foot in or if needed fill in at the back when others are out of position.

Then the important area the front 2 currently, we only have 1 striker on the books we have lots of attacking midfielders but most of them are not regular scorers. So we currently have one player who the manager did not pick for 19 of his 40 games last season for the match day squad so clearly rated him highly and he has managed to score just 8 goals in 3 season.

So yes we are struggling to put a competitive team out at the moment. But yes equally if you want to through anyone in a shirt in we can easily put a starting 11 out tomorrow. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Jim said:

Totally agree mate. I don’t ever see things changing under DC. The club will probably always be run in a reactionary manner rather than in a thoughtful planned out process?

Even more so now where I feel his heart’s not in it like it once was? I mean to be so close to the premier league dream very early on in his reign only to see us perhaps further away now than we were when first came out of the Top division back in 2000 must be a very bitter pill for him to swallow?

I know I’m in the minority on here but I genuinely believe that the reason the current manager is still in place is not because he rates him but because he just can’t be bothered to make the change? I genuinely believe that whatever happens over the next 12 months or so if **** is happy to stay then DC will keep him on. Seriously **** could be our manager for a quite a while and this is a manager who will have a worse championship record than Lukuhay here if he picks up less than four points from the next two championship fixtures which perhaps says it all?

I think **** should give Hagan a chance on Saturday rather than persist with the half-ar$ed Reach up front but we all know that Reach and Rhodes will start. **** talks a good game and tells us all what we want to hear but when it comes to putting it into practice it is a totally different story?

Anyway I’m just going to sit back and see what unfolds. I hope **** proves me wrong and of course I’ll give credit where it’s due if he does but when the likes of Pelupessy and Van Aken are still important members of the squad and his top striking target is Windass then I hope some on here understand why I have the view that I have?

It's not that DC won't spend, he can't because of P & S. There would be howls of protest if he paid £10m for a player and wages of £40k. Fans can't have it both ways. Before the window opened fans were saying on here that we need to be clever and buy those players we can afford and pay sensible wages, that we should use the loan market. As soon as we do exactly that there are howls of protest.

Loan players become available when EPL teams decide their squads for the season, I'm not sure when that happens but I don't think it has already. Have patience, we are rebuilding, it takes time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

We played Reach as a striker, a position he has never played for us and probably any professional team in his life.

That wether you like it or not is struggling to put a side out.

But we put a side out. We never struggled to put a side out. We struggled to put two strikers out but that’s not what you said. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Two strikers would be a start.

As for the same posters demanding, you are just making things up now.

If we have all these great players in place why have we only produced relegation form this year?

There’s no guarantee that your top prices paid, funding top players that produce top performances. You can’t buy success, no matter how much we’d all love that to be true as we’ve spent a ton of money recently! If anything we’ve spent too much. 

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

But we put a side out. We never struggled to put a side out. We struggled to put two strikers out but that’s not what you said. 

I give up. It's obvious you will not criticise the club or accept criticism in any form.

That makes all your posts invalid in my eyes. You are right up there with the Daveyboys and Casbahs of this site. We know your opinion will be pro club no matter what .

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We play a 3-5-2 with 1 striker at the club, we have wing backs but don't have any at the club.

Anyone can pick a team of 11 players but actually playing players in the position they should be. Monks wants to play a 3-5-2.

So we need 3 centre backs well we now have 6 so no issues there. He wants 2 wing backs currently we have none, we have full backs, we have players who can play out wide, but we don't have any players who can both defend and attack and create chances for the forwards as well as keep the defense tight as that is what a wing back is.

We then look in the midfield 3 we need creativity, we need goals and we need someone who can put his foot in, currently we have creativity but we have very few goals and no one who can put his foot in or if needed fill in at the back when others are out of position.

Then the important area the front 2 currently, we only have 1 striker on the books we have lots of attacking midfielders but most of them are not regular scorers. So we currently have one player who the manager did not pick for 19 of his 40 games last season for the match day squad so clearly rated him highly and he has managed to score just 8 goals in 3 season.

So yes we are struggling to put a competitive team out at the moment. But yes equally if you want to through anyone in a shirt in we can easily put a starting 11 out tomorrow. 

I stopped reading after sentence 1. If you’re going to type nonsense in line one, I’m guessing the rest gets worse as you go along. Penney, Moses both Wing backs that have played as fullbacks and wingers in past. Perfect wingbacks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

There’s no guarantee that your top prices paid, funding top players that produce top performances. You can’t buy success, no matter how much we’d all love that to be true as we’ve spent a ton of money recently! If anything we’ve spent too much. 

Try telling that to Man City, Chelsea and the likes.

Guest domSWFC
9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We need way too many in to be effective in a 352, a 4231 would ideally suit us best in my opinion. 

---------------- Wildsmith --------------

Iorfa - Dunkley - Lees - Palmer 

--------- Bannan - Luongo ---------

Reach ------ Brown --------- Harris 

---------------- Rhodes ------------------

I don't see many goals in that side but looks more balanced than any 352 we could put out. Bannan used as a deep lying play maker alongside a box to box midfielder doing the dirty work with the 4 ahead of him making the runs for him to find. 

10 minutes ago, prowl said:

It's not that DC won't spend, he can't because of P & S. There would be howls of protest if he paid £10m for a player and wages of £40k. Fans can't have it both ways. Before the window opened fans were saying on here that we need to be clever and buy those players we can afford and pay sensible wages, that we should use the loan market. As soon as we do exactly that there are howls of protest.

Loan players become available when EPL teams decide their squads for the season, I'm not sure when that happens but I don't think it has already. Have patience, we are rebuilding, it takes time.

I will be very surprised if the players we are going for are in the premier league first team plans. This wait for the premier league to decide of squad excuse only really affect us if we are buying from the new teams such as Leeds or West Brom. Brown for us won't be in Chelsea first team 25 so I just think its a bit of an excuse. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I stopped reading after sentence 1. If you’re going to type nonsense in line one, I’m guessing the rest gets worse as you go along. Penney, Moses both Wing backs that have played as fullbacks and wingers in past. Perfect wingbacks. 

image.png.2e22ec299c13bb2a3288126dfeb23ff8.png

:duntmatter:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

I give up. It's obvious you will not criticise the club or accept criticism in any form.

That makes all your posts invalid in my eyes. You are right up there with the Daveyboys and Casbahs of this site. We know your opinion will be pro club no matter what .

I just think some fans have become spoilt, entitled brats. Bemoaning our lack of strikers is fine. It’s factual. Saying ‘sack the recruitment team’ is farcical. 

I’m not sure where you fit in that scale, but saying we were promised top prices would equal top players gives me an idea.

I just wish Chansiri hadn’t spent a disproportionate amount more than our ticket increases. He spent too much and now he has a bunch of overpaid, hardly played players and an ever increasing spoilt entitled fan base to go with it. Just like spoiling a child.   

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Remind me, what did Man City and Chelsea win last season. 

About £150m in tv money and guaranteed revenue for this season too.

I bet I can think of 72 football league teams that would happily be in their place. lol

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

I just think some fans have become spoilt, entitled brats. Bemoaning our lack of strikers is fine. It’s factual. Saying ‘sack the recruitment team’ is farcical. 

I’m not sure where you fit in that scale, but saying we were promised top prices would equal top players gives me an idea.

I just wish Chansiri hadn’t spent a disproportionate amount more than our ticket increases. He spent too much and now he has a bunch of overpaid, hardly played players and an ever increasing spoilt entitled fan base to go with it. Just like spoiling a child.   

If you bought a t shirt from Marks and Spencer’s but it was actually only Primark standard, demanding better does not make you an entitled brat.