Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Just now, akbuk said:

It's not hiding behind the Pandemic but facing the reality of loss of income and the need to refund monies back to fans.

That situation as a huge effect on the club's finances not to mention the fear of falling back into the trap of profit and sustainability rules

but everybody’s finances, other clubs are finding the wherewithal to bring players in

When Dom Howson say Wednesday are keeping close tabs on Sanderson what does that actually mean?

We're still deciding whether to sign him? Or we're waiting for Wolves to decide if they're letting him go?

Maybe they need to sign a replacement for Doherty?

Just now, fingyfop said:

When Dom Howson say Wednesday are keeping close tabs on Sanderson what does that actually mean?

We're still deciding whether to sign him? Or we're waiting for Wolves to decide if they're letting him go?

Maybe they need to sign a replacement for Doherty?

It means he doesn’t really know but if we sign him then he can say he broke the news

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, wmb said:

Everything clearly isn’t rosey but there needs to be a process and some kind of restructuring done. It feels like some people would be happy if we signed literally anyone. Like addicts needing their next fix. If there’s no news for a few days then the world is coming to an end. It’s not just our fans it’s fans of all clubs though and unfortunately in general the way of the world. People want change but aren’t prepared to allow for change to happen. Like I say give it a week and then see where we are. 

As soon as we sign someone I can almost guarantee many of the posters desperate for us to sign a striker will be the same ones who immediately say he's not good enough.lol

Imagine for a moment we signed Nuhiu. How loud would be the cries of anguish?

It is what it is, we need strikers, we are doing our best but keeping it quiet while negotiations take place. Do you seriously think the club intends to go into the league season with no strikers?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Possibly when we were charged top prices and promised top players.

Did that promise get caveated with when they’d arrive? Like day one of window, last day of it? 

I mean we spent fortunes trying the quotes approach and it never worked, we are still carrying the cost as a club and a fan base. I’d hope that prices won’t be going up for a while as costs are definitely coming down. 

Just now, Philb125 said:

Did that promise get caveated with when they’d arrive? Like day one of window, last day of it? 

I mean we spent fortunes trying the quotes approach and it never worked, we are still carrying the cost as a club and a fan base. I’d hope that prices won’t be going up for a while as costs are definitely coming down. 

Nothing to do with when they arrive?

You asked when our fans became so entitled?

1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

Nothing to do with when they arrive?

You asked when our fans became so entitled?

So you quoted the promise of players, but our fan base want them now. Right now, not next week, not before the end of the window. That’s the entitlement I’m querying. 

I think it’s widely accepted we’ll sign players before end of the window. What I’m curious about is that given we will sign players (vs times when that was certainly no guarantee) and gave already signed players.... why are they still whining like spoilt teenagers. 

Most posters on here have been here a while. I’m sure they remember worse times than this, so why the drama and upset? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, prowl said:

As soon as we sign someone I can almost guarantee many of the posters desperate for us to sign a striker will be the same ones who immediately say he's not good enough.lol

Imagine for a moment we signed Nuhiu. How loud would be the cries of anguish?

It is what it is, we need strikers, we are doing our best but keeping it quiet while negotiations take place. Do you seriously think the club intends to go into the league season with no strikers?

I'm beginning to wonder yes

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

I guarantee we’re waiting on prem clubs deciding who to loan there players out to 

Wouldn’t be surprised if we’re in the que for Scott Hogan

When will that be then?

Just now, Watto said:

When will that be then?

Id imagine about the time they have to submit their squads or other transfer windows close down around Europe. Usually last 2 weeks of window isn’t it? Not great for us, but hopefully not all our irons are in that fire. 

7 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

So you quoted the promise of players, but our fan base want them now. Right now, not next week, not before the end of the window. That’s the entitlement I’m querying. 

I think it’s widely accepted we’ll sign players before end of the window. What I’m curious about is that given we will sign players (vs times when that was certainly no guarantee) and gave already signed players.... why are they still whining like spoilt teenagers. 

Most posters on here have been here a while. I’m sure they remember worse times than this, so why the drama and upset? 

Cos we pay top prices. In case you haven't noticed we are giving every other team a head start. We need to hit the ground running.

We knew well in advance we would need players to fill the positions left by players we knew at Christmas were leaving.

Yet we still haven't signed a first team striker.

Forgive me and others for raising concerns.

Edited by Emilianenko
Philb is a clapper
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

but everybody’s finances, other clubs are finding the wherewithal to bring players in

There doesn't appear to be a big transfer market operating only with those who have Parachute payments ,those promoted and those who have decided to roll the dice otherwise looking in lower leagues we are witnessing the threat of clubs going out of business.

18 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Presumably because this is the first time in my lifetime that we start a season on -12 points. We have lost half of our squad last season and the remains of the senior players will be free agents next June.

They have had very little preseason, injuries will happen and currently we are struggling to put a completive first 11 out, match practise has not happened because of the closeness to the last season to this one. The team is being asked to play a new way and a new formation but had no match practise to hone it because other LCFC we have played no pre season friendlies. Add to that so many players are not even at the club yet, so how can we expect the team to be ready for the start of the season. 

In past seasons when we have had a lot of players we have taken 6-10 games, to get used to playing together at that point this season we could be 15-20 adrift of 4th bottom.

Fans are not entitled but equally they expect to club to act in a professional way and get the team ready to play 46 games not 40 games because we are going to need every point just to stay in the league.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Emilianenko said:

Cos we pay top prices. In case you haven't noticed we are giving every other team a head start. We need to hit the ground running.

We knew well in advance we would need players to fill the positions left by players we knew at Christmas were leaving.

Yet we still haven't signed a first team striker.

For give me and others for raising concerns.

Is this cliche bingo? 

To address your point - ‘we pay top prices and we’re promised top players’ 

Dont we have on our books despite quite a few players leaving: 

- The record scorer in this division ever? 
- Ex GK team of the year winner? 
- The player who created the most chances per minute in the league last season 

- Top creative midfielders by key passes made per game 

Did your top player quote have a quota of how many? Should it be two in every position? How much money should the club lose before your cost is justified? Should we risk a bigger fine/deduction to satisfy your seemingly need for top players? 

I’m actually delighted the club is cutting its cloth a bit better and negotiating harder on deals / not spending for sake of getting them in at all costs. What I find odd is the same posters demanding Chansiri pay the extra million or two to make the Rhodes deal happen are the same that bemoan high prices and how the club has been deducted points. 

Crazy, hypercritical, entitled. That’s what’s become of a fan base that was revered across the country! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1