Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

10 minutes ago, JLB99 said:

Sometimes I'm amazed at how many people on here know the workings of the club and how many presume they would be able to do so much better! Seriously, do people honestly think everyone is sitting on their hands waiting for things to happen? 

I think they are trying but not succeeding. The opinions on whether that is acceptable range from person to person but past history with squad management increases pessimism. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Not for the first time and while Chansiri is in charge won't be the last, how many pay on the day fans are going to pay a minimum 30quid to watch what is fast becoming a f......g horror show. 

There's unlikely to be any pay on the day this coming season, not this side of Christmas anyway. 

We're going to struggle to get all season ticket holders in with restrictions that are going to be put in place. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Do you think GM has anything to do with recruitment other than saying 'please sir, I'd like some more players...' I mean honestly do you? If Monk was more urgent, do you think this would help? 

Yes he does however the lack of resources created by the Pandemic changes everything including SWFC. 

24 minutes ago, JLB99 said:

Sometimes I'm amazed at how many people on here know the workings of the club and how many presume they would be able to do so much better! Seriously, do people honestly think everyone is sitting on their hands waiting for things to happen? 

I think they think there on football manager or something the majority of them 

40 minutes ago, fingyfop said:

It still won't look great and will still make your point, but why have you included players who left last Summer but not players who came in then?

It's a bit misleading, we're clearly missing numbers but not as badly as that list makes out.

I just listed the Joao and Thorniley as the started the season and played games.

No permanent signings we brought in played a game for another club that season. They were signed before the season started so not replacements for those then sold/released.

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I think they think there on football manager or something the majority of them 

I don't get how entitled we got as a fanbase. If anything we've been spoilt in recent years - historically i was delighted with a signing or two, be that on deadline day or any other point. If that signing cost a bob or two that was like christmas. Nowadays it seems like we expect the club to spend spend spend, beat off all competition and get them top class players in early. 

I almost miss the days of Caddimatari and co, coming in for 50p and a packet of sweets!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, JLB99 said:

Given the last 20 years and especially the position the club is in now, is it any wonder some fans will think they could do better?

I haven’t really seen people saying that by the way, more they are frustrated by lack of planning, forward thinking and action.

Same with any business, some do it well and others don’t and fail. In terms of how we appear to be run (12 points the biggest indicator) we are currently failing.

Hopefully it will improve. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

I just listed the Joao and Thorniley as the started the season and played games.

No permanent signings we brought in played a game for another club that season. They were signed before the season started so not replacements for those then sold/released.

Yeah I realised after but couldn't find a way to delete the post.

No pay on the gate this season 

Probably no more season ticket money

No on the day hospitality income 

What limited sponsorship we had probably gone

But DC , why aren’t you putting your hand in your pocket to pay some big fees and ignore any wage budget, we have got to compete with the failure payment clubs

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Asking a lot of the young players to step up and deliver when on -12.

We’ve been down the experience route before and it’s failed us, but I do think we need a couple seasoned and experienced pros to help us out. 

We’ve had success with it in the past. I remember Michael Johnson and Graham Kavanagh coming in under Laws and turning results around. Steve Watson in the middle helped us hugely at the time. In more recent seasons Glenn Loovens was a fantastic signing. 

People are quick to dismiss experience due to the likes of Abdi, Jones, Boyd absolutely stinking the place out - but the right type of pro could make all the difference this season. 

Chris Brunt?

Bristol City are in talks to sign former Sheffield Wednesday and West Bromwich Albion midfielder Chris Brunt according to Football Insider.

Brunt’s 13-year stay at the Hawthorns came to an end this summer as he departed the Baggies with his legendary status in tact following their promotion to the Premier League.

27 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Yes he does however the lack of resources created by the Pandemic changes everything including SWFC. 

Which puts us ahead of the game While other clubs are struggling to free up room for squad fine tuning, we’ve already created that space Let’s not hide behind the pandemic, it’s bad for all clubs, right across the board

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

Since last season started we have lost

Fox

Bates

Thorniley

Lee

Hutchinson 

Murphy 

Fletcher

Nuhui

Forestieri

Winnall

Wickham

Da Cruz

Joao

Windass

We have replaced them with 

Brown

Dunkley

Fizz

Also Van Aken and Penny returning who seemed surplus to requirements.

There is some tripe on that list, but it is concerning how few we’ve replaced. As been mentioned, even if we bring in a couple of strikers now they will be behind with fitness, tactics, gelling with the squad and probably have to a new city. I’m pleased with the 3 brought in, however whatever way you look at it recruitment this pre season has been a shambles.

Exactly, that why I posted we are actually in a better position than most clubs, we’ve already cleared the decks and freed up a substantial amount wages We just need get on with it

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Nowadays it seems like we expect the club to spend spend spend, beat off all competition and get them top class players in early. 

I almost miss the days of Caddimatari and co, coming in for 50p and a packet of sweets!

Correct, all whilst been in a position where spending isn’t an option , and maybe even now having an owner not prepared to spend regardless 

There’s no more signed blank cheques

42 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I don't get how entitled we got as a fanbase. If anything we've been spoilt in recent years - historically i was delighted with a signing or two, be that on deadline day or any other point. If that signing cost a bob or two that was like christmas. Nowadays it seems like we expect the club to spend spend spend, beat off all competition and get them top class players in early. 

Possibly when we were charged top prices and promised top players.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Which puts us ahead of the game While other clubs are struggling to free up room for squad fine tuning, we’ve already created that space Let’s not hide behind the pandemic, it’s bad for all clubs, right across the board

It's not hiding behind the Pandemic but facing the reality of loss of income and the need to refund monies back to fans.

That situation as a huge effect on the club's finances not to mention the fear of falling back into the trap of profit and sustainability rules

4 minutes ago, TheCityIsOurs said:

Dion Sanderson mentioned by Dom again

Meltdown when we sign another defender 😁

Kid looks a good player and we definitely need reinforcements on the right side, has played RWB aswell