Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

7 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

We'll be 5 games deep then, by the time we have any competent strikers...

...and by which time games will be thick and fast. The excuse will then be we have no time to work with them tactically until the international break. 

Is a strike force consisting of just Rhodes sufficient to beat Walsall, no. Add Windass with one days training, probably still no.

Is a strike force of Rhodes and Windass good enough to beat Cardiff, Watford....no.

The club do it every year, maybe not by design, but we can't give other teams any more of a points advantage. It's not like our lack of any forwards whatsoever came as a surprise.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Royal_D said:

You really think the club are sat doing nothing ?   Chansiri isn’t signing big enough cheques anymore to be paying stupid wages, I think we have a budget we’re clearly very keen to stick to 

If we have to wait until deadline day to bring the right people in, so be it 

I think the club are doing everything they can. That's the scary thing. There's not so much bashing the club, just frustration at the situation. 

If we do wait until deadline day, I reckon theres a big chance we'll be more than 12 points behind 4th bottom. It's something we can't afford. I've said it again, I think some people don't actually realise how crippling -12 points are. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Hamakua Pueo said:

How do you know we haven’t finished our transfer dealings? Maybe the club owner has decided to stop bleeding his hard inherited nest egg dry.

It’s an awful lot easier to not lose money in League One. Maybe that is where we are headed, by design.

Fair enough if that's it for transfer's and chansiri's decided to keep his money in his pocket then fine tell us, just say that's it this is your team we can stop this topic and move on. But if we still intend to strengthen most fans would have hoped for a bit of forward planning which most well run clubs do instead of scrambling around looking for anyone available again

We've probably  known for 6 months that we would be losing 4 strikers and monk kept saying the club had a plan, if this is the plan it's unbelievably poor

• Like 1

1 minute ago, striker said:

...and by which time games will be thick and fast. The excuse will then be we have no time to work with them tactically until the international break. 

Is a strike force consisting of just Rhodes sufficient to beat Walsall, no. Add Windass with one days training, probably still no.

Is a strike force of Rhodes and Windass good enough to beat Cardiff, Watford....no.

The club do it every year, maybe not by design, but we can't give other teams any more of a points advantage. It's not like our lack of any forwards whatsoever came as a surprise.

Totally agree mate. I don’t ever see things changing under DC. The club will probably always be run in a reactionary manner rather than in a thoughtful planned out process?

Even more so now where I feel his heart’s not in it like it once was? I mean to be so close to the premier league dream very early on in his reign only to see us perhaps further away now than we were when first came out of the Top division back in 2000 must be a very bitter pill for him to swallow?

I know I’m in the minority on here but I genuinely believe that the reason the current manager is still in place is not because he rates him but because he just can’t be bothered to make the change? I genuinely believe that whatever happens over the next 12 months or so if **** is happy to stay then DC will keep him on. Seriously **** could be our manager for a quite a while and this is a manager who will have a worse championship record than Lukuhay here if he picks up less than four points from the next two championship fixtures which perhaps says it all?

I think **** should give Hagan a chance on Saturday rather than persist with the half-ar$ed Reach up front but we all know that Reach and Rhodes will start. **** talks a good game and tells us all what we want to hear but when it comes to putting it into practice it is a totally different story?

Anyway I’m just going to sit back and see what unfolds. I hope **** proves me wrong and of course I’ll give credit where it’s due if he does but when the likes of Pelupessy and Van Aken are still important members of the squad and his top striking target is Windass then I hope some on here understand why I have the view that I have?

• Haha 1

My guess for the day,   based on how we appointed Monk in similarly desperate circumstances.

We'll be linked with a forward who is out of contract, could have had in at the start of pre season, but will take days negotiating and sign after the weekend and who wont start in the opener against Cardiff because he needs time to work on fitness and with the group. 

Edited by striker
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, striker said:

My guess for the day,   based on how we appointed Monk in similarly desperate circumstances.

We'll be linked with a forward who is out of contract, could have had in at the start of pre season, but will take days negotiating and sign after the weekend and who wont start in the opener against Cardiff because he needs time to work on fitness and with the group. 

yes that’s the thing, whoever we sign in the next few weeks probably won’t be up to speed and it will take a while for them to get their fitness etc, which is exactly why business should be done ASAP to give them a decent pre season. As has been said we need to start from the very first game all guns blazing, we can’t afford a slow start like perhaps other clubs can. We are very different from everyone else this season. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

yes that’s the thing, whoever we sign in the next few weeks probably won’t be up to speed and it will take a while for them to get their fitness etc, which is exactly why business should be done ASAP to give them a decent pre season. As has been said we need to start from the very first game all guns blazing, we can’t afford a slow start like perhaps other clubs can. We are very different from everyone else this season. 

The last season only finished a month ago. They haven’t been off for the same amount of time. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

The last season only finished a month ago. They haven’t been off for the same amount of time. 

Depends who it is. Someone said we’re in for Baston. He hasn’t played for 6 months, and has had no pre-season anywhere being unattached. Someone like that ain’t gonna hit the ground running. Chris Martin, however, has only been out of action a month..

Since last season started we have lost

Fox

Bates

Thorniley

Lee

Hutchinson 

Murphy 

Fletcher

Nuhui

Forestieri

Winnall

Wickham

Da Cruz

Joao

Windass

We have replaced them with 

Brown

Dunkley

Fizz

Also Van Aken and Penny returning who seemed surplus to requirements.

There is some tripe on that list, but it is concerning how few we’ve replaced. As been mentioned, even if we bring in a couple of strikers now they will be behind with fitness, tactics, gelling with the squad and probably have to a new city. I’m pleased with the 3 brought in, however whatever way you look at it recruitment this pre season has been a shambles.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Since last season started we have lost

Fox

Bates

Thorniley

Lee

Hutchinson 

Murphy 

Fletcher

Nuhui

Forestieri

Winnall

Wickham

Da Cruz

Joao

Windass

We have replaced them with 

Brown

Dunkley

Fizz

Also Van Aken and Penny returning who seemed surplus to requirements.

There is some tripe on that list, but it is concerning how few we’ve replaced. As been mentioned, even if we bring in a couple of strikers now they will be behind with fitness, tactics, gelling with the squad and probably have to a new city. I’m pleased with the 3 brought in, however whatever way you look at it recruitment this pre season has been a shambles.

scary stuff. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bubbleowl said:

Fair enough if that's it for transfer's and chansiri's decided to keep his money in his pocket then fine tell us, just say that's it this is your team we can stop this topic and move on. But if we still intend to strengthen most fans would have hoped for a bit of forward planning which most well run clubs do instead of scrambling around looking for anyone available again

We've probably  known for 6 months that we would be losing 4 strikers and monk kept saying the club had a plan, if this is the plan it's unbelievably poor

TBF DC did have bids acceptable to both Wigan and Birmingham for players, at a time when most clubs are signing frees. He's also added three to the coaching staff. He may be being more prudent but he's certainly not decided to keep his money in his pocket.

• Like 1

Recruitment needed to be done quicker this season. We have notoriously left our business late in pretty much all windows, but this year we can’t afford too. 

The side we finished with last season could only muster 4 wins from 23. Now we’ve lost our 3 top goal scorers in Fletcher, Murphy and Nuhiu and none are even close to beige replaced. We lost our left back and although Hutchinson wasn’t apart of the side post January the DM role still needed sorting. 

I’m happy with the signings we’ve made I guess. But they all come with their questions marks, Dunkley is on the way back from a serious leg break. Dele-Bashiru hasn’t played a first team game of football. Brown missed large parts of last season with injury. 

We really really needed to be on the front foot when the season began. A few bad results and that 12 point gap becomes bigger and before you know it we are in a hole we can’t get out off. 

• Like 3