Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

I reckon there's a lot that genuinely think we'll make up the ground within 5 or 6 games.

The reality is that we'll be in the bottom 3 still come Christmas.

I've been confident we can stay up - but it's confidence that's based entirely on us having brought the right sort of players in.

With less than a week to go we've failed to bring any strikers in. It's truly astounding.

We can't afford players the time to bed in or be anything less than 100% fit when they sign, and yet we do seem to have specialized in recent seasons in only ever signing players that haven't been training or have been returning from a lengthy injury. We just can't be doing that, and we can't be sat here at Christmas looking to a ‘near future’ when this player or that player is fully fit.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

The best position would have been for us to have done all our transfer dealings by now and be fine tuning our set-up. I know not many clubs do this, but given our points deduction we really need to hit the ground running this season. We could then play the starting eleven against Walsall on Saturday to further fine tune things in a proper match situation ready for the league.

I'm just now hoping that the club have their first choice strikers tied down on contracts and are waiting to make an announcement soon. Even so, were this to happen we're already going to take several league games to get things sorted out with the team set-up and we can't afford that. This is still a much better situation than fishing in an ever decreasing pool of available players which is what will happen as the days tick by. Please don't let us be in this position, let's get the players in the next few days so they can all train together for at least a week before the Cardiff game 🙏

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

The best position would have been for us to have done all our transfer dealings by now and be fine tuning our set-up. I know not many clubs do this, but given our points deduction we really need to hit the ground running this season. We could then play the starting eleven against Walsall on Saturday to further fine tune things in a proper match situation ready for the league.

I'm just now hoping that the club have their first choice strikers tied down on contracts and are waiting to make an announcement soon. Even so, were this to happen we're already going to take several league games to get things sorted out with the team set-up and we can't afford that. This is still a much better situation than fishing in an ever decreasing pool of available players which is what will happen as the days tick by. Please don't let us be in this position, let's get the players in the next few days so they can all train together for at least a week before the Cardiff game 🙏

How dare you come on here and talk sense

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I genuinely think some people don't realise we're 12 points behind every other team. Like some kind of freakish delusion where David Hirst and Chris Waddle come and save us or something. 

I completely agree.  

We need to be conducting business nice and early considering the 12 point disadvantage we face.  All the other teams in the division are not in the same boat, so cannot really compare like for like.  

It's imperative we hit the ground running.  

Thing is we have all known back in January that a lot of players were leaving, those whose contracts were expiring as well as the 4 loan players returning back to their clubs.  

No forward planning whatsoever.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bubbleowl said:

How dare you come on here and talk sense

How do you know we haven’t finished our transfer dealings? Maybe the club owner has decided to stop bleeding his hard inherited nest egg dry.

It’s an awful lot easier to not lose money in League One. Maybe that is where we are headed, by design.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hamakua Pueo said:

How do you know we haven’t finished our transfer dealings? Maybe the club owner has decided to stop bleeding his hard inherited nest egg dry.

It’s an awful lot easier to not lose money in League One. Maybe that is where we are headed, by design.

Do you know something we don’t?

14 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Do you know something we don’t?

6 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

He knows nothing we will make more signings before Cardiff game

Definitely not. I am just speculating in good faith. I agree that we are likely to make more signings before the window closes. I am not convinced they will be substantial signings of the kind supporters want. I am not convinced they won’t be. I don’t know. None of us know. But it is possible that the owner has decided to go really cheap. Only evidence to the contrary so far this summer is the hiring of a back room staff.

• Like 1

Unless we have a blistering start or win an appeal both of which seem unlikely at the moment. The deduction means we will be lucky if we are still vying for safety in the last few games. Could take ages to get off  the bottom. But you can see why there is so much positivity coming from the squad as that is what is needed really.

We’re fooked next season and it’s mad people think otherwise.

Pre season is what 3 weeks in now? Monk talks about changing the culture and team spirit, yet we’re still woefully short in a number of positions. We need goal scorers to keep us up, we have one striker who isn’t the player he once was. 

27 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

We'll be 5 games deep then, by the time we have any competent strikers...

You really think the club are sat doing nothing ?   Chansiri isn’t signing big enough cheques anymore to be paying stupid wages, I think we have a budget we’re clearly very keen to stick to 

If we have to wait until deadline day to bring the right people in, so be it 

13 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

You really think the club are sat doing nothing ?   Chansiri isn’t signing big enough cheques anymore to be paying stupid wages, I think we have a budget we’re clearly very keen to stick to 

If we have to wait until deadline day to bring the right people in, so be it 

As long as we do bring in the right people, and don’t end up the same people we failed with last time around. I’ll wait patiently for a striker who will make a real difference, but waiting three chuffing weeks to get a no mark like Windass over the line is flipping bonkers

• Like 2