Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

14 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Just been reading that we scored 58 league goals last season, 40 of those goals where scored by players no longer at the club. 

I am honestly looking at the squad and thinking where are the goals gonna come from

Brown - 5/10

Harris - 5 

Iorfa 3-5

Bannan 2-3 

Might get a couple off some others but Jesus, I’m struggling to get 25-30 goals

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

I am honestly looking at the squad and thinking where are the goals gonna come from

Brown - 5/10

Harris - 5 

Iorfa 3-5

Bannan 2-3 

Brown has 4 career goals at 23 he ain’t gonna get 5/10 here no way. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Brown - 5/10

Harris - 5 

Iorfa 3-5

Bannan 2-3 

So worrying we haven’t addressed this with the season so close to starting. This season more than any we need to be as ready as possible from the very first game. 

37 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

That's what I can't work out, get the backroom staff in (Is there three of them? Which won't be cheap). But have no one to train.

Must be a master plan, must be.

I really hope so, I’m still keeping blind faith that the reason Bannan hasn’t requested a transfer request and the reason Brown and Dunkley chose us over the likes of Forest, Watford and Bristol city is they’ve been told there’s something decent happening here.  Otherwise I would seriously question their career choices 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Just logged on for a quick read and already lost the will to live...

Over the last 15 years, I have seen the slow deterioration of three really important qualities of life: patience, tolerance and selflessness. The internet has brought so much to our lives, but my God, it hasn’t half changed some things for the worse....

Everything was fine before the internet. 

DimpledBigheartedKookaburra-max-1mb.gif

Edited by TheEnchanter
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

I really hope so, I’m still keeping blind faith that the reason Bannan hasn’t requested a transfer request and the reason Brown and Dunkley chose us over the likes of Forest, Watford and Bristol city is they’ve been told there’s something decent happening here.  Otherwise I would seriously question their career choices 

Same lines as I was thinking, surely especially Izzy who could pick most teams in the Championship, wouldn't have come unless he knew something we didn't.  Just not a good move for him career wise if we weren't bringing in some quality.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Pretty clear to me that having no strikers in pre season will have a catastrophic effect on tactics, fitness and gelling with the team far into the new season. Plus the minue 12 points. Pretty much setting us up for relegation if you ask me. I think this is one of the most valid times to be concerned we've had for years. We've had fannies saying everythings fine, then we end up in embargo's, we've had be reyters saying everythings reyt then we end up with minus 12. I think it's mental to consider that everything is fine. 

excellent post. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Pretty clear to me that having no strikers in pre season will have a catastrophic effect on tactics, fitness and gelling with the team far into the new season. Plus the minue 12 points. Pretty much setting us up for relegation if you ask me. I think this is one of the most valid times to be concerned we've had for years. We've had fannies saying everythings fine, then we end up in embargo's, we've had be reyters saying everythings reyt then we end up with minus 12. I think it's mental to consider that everything is fine. 

You're spot on there.

5 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I genuinely think some people don't realise we're 12 points behind every other team. Like some kind of freakish delusion where David Hirst and Chris Waddle come and save us or something. 

Im fairly confident they do. It’s still 7 points from every 5 games, perfectly achievable.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Everything clearly isn’t rosey but there needs to be a process and some kind of restructuring done. It feels like some people would be happy if we signed literally anyone. Like addicts needing their next fix. If there’s no news for a few days then the world is coming to an end. It’s not just our fans it’s fans of all clubs though and unfortunately in general the way of the world. People want change but aren’t prepared to allow for change to happen. Like I say give it a week and then see where we are. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Same lines as I was thinking, surely especially Izzy who could pick most teams in the Championship, wouldn't have come unless he knew something we didn't.  Just not a good move for him career wise if we weren't bringing in some quality.

yep to me there is zero chance a Chelsea boy like Brown is joining a championship team up north on -12 points with no aim to bring in better players.

• Like 1

Just now, wmb said:

Everything clearly isn’t rosey but there needs to be a process and some kind of restructuring done. It feels like some people would be happy if we signed literally anyone. Like addicts needing their next fix. If there’s no news for a few days then the world is coming to an end. It’s not just our fans it’s fans of all clubs though and unfortunately in general the way of the world. People want change but aren’t prepared to allow for change to happen. Like I say give it a week and then see where we are. 

I would have agreed with you 2-3 weeks ago. Now is actually the time for me where we should be much further down the line. Just to give Monk half a chance, and the rest of the players. Who I feel sorry for to an extent. I'm not directing frustration in any particular direction because I more than understand the reality of signing players in our situation and budget is going to be tough. But I genuinely think (or thought since the last season ended) that just to give the guys half a chance we needed some goals in the team when we started pre season. Just to put 2-3 strikers in now as the teams are all racing out of the traps will take weeks to bed in. Maybe months. Even years for some younger players. Of course they can all 'perform' but im talking about actually playing to the best of their ability within the structure of the team. Of course we can survive, I'm not that defeatist but i think with the sort of ability we have we need to be playing to the best or our ability most weeks to reach 60 points. We've lost 40 goals from last season and have not replaced them. I honestly think there's so many valid reasons to be concerned about. 

• Like 1