Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Several Leicester U23 players are being made available for loan, George Hirst among them. Based on an assumption that we might actually sign a target man, we are likely to need somebody in reserve as a back up target man. We are unlikely to bring in an experienced forward to fulfil an understudy role, so George Hirst would fit the bill nicely

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Really starting to get concerned we still haven't signed a forward yet with 4 days to go until the season starts. Thought we'd have at least one through the door by now. Don't understand the issue getting the Windass deal done. If there wanting 500k why haven't we stumped up? It's nothing in today's market. 

Doubt anyone who signs this week will start at weekend anyway but defo need get numbers in sharpish. 

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Several Leicester U23 players are being made available for loan, George Hirst among them. Based on an assumption that we might actually sign a target man, we are likely to need somebody in reserve as a back up target man. We are unlikely to bring in an experienced forward to fulfil an understudy role, so George Hirst would fit the bill nicely

Got a feeling Mr Chansiri would rather eat his own sh*t WTF:

• Haha 7

9 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

For a few million we could have got in 4 or 5 promising lower league players. I wonder if Monk is getting as frustrated as the fans on this. Beattie has it easy, just one 'striker' to work with.

You’d think Monk is tearing his hair out. Keeps his job after a horrendous second half of the season with the promise of a fresh start and new team. Backed by chairman by getting his own staff in then here we are one week until new season starting on -12 and he’s only got the one striker who looks like he’s shot to bits. Talk about working with your hands tied.

With each day that is going by it is getting more and more annoying and worrying that we still haven’t bought a couple of strikers in. I honestly can’t believe we have 1 striker and the season is so close to starting. Really does seem so amateurish they way this club is run. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

If we are being honest it's hardly a shock is it i mean did anyone really expect us to have a plan going into our most important season for many a year? I'm annoyed but not shocked.

It was totally expected - 12 does nothing to attract players, money does and we don't seem to have much 

35 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Darnell Johnson who was solid at the back for Leicester on Saturday is available  and at 21 not that young to be naive.

9 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

You’d think Monk is tearing his hair out. Keeps his job after a horrendous second half of the season with the promise of a fresh start and new team. Backed by chairman by getting his own staff in then here we are one week until new season starting on -12 and he’s only got the one striker who looks like he’s shot to bits. Talk about working with your hands tied.

That's what I can't work out, get the backroom staff in (Is there three of them? Which won't be cheap). But have no one to train.

Must be a master plan, must be.

22 minutes ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

What's all this only 1 forward malarkey? 

Rhodes retired 2 years ago. He plays like a fan who's won a competition. The thought he'll get minutes this season terrifies me. 

currently we will be drawing seat numbers to see which fan will be given the no.9 shirt for each match. 

just our look too - there won’t be any fans in the stadium 😂