Jump to content

Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, striker said:

Agree Jutkiewicz top end of our budget, but exactly what we need IMO. As for attraction, hopefully Monk/Beattie may hold some sway. 

 

That said, no links so either Monk/Beattie have different a different opinion of him or Birmingham not open to offers. Probably not on the best of terms with them anyway given the protracted acquisition of Beattie.

 


I don’t believe he is available, unless someone offers more than he is worth. I hope we have stopped doing that. Chris Martin is available and would be an asset to our squad, even though we are heading towards a more dynamic/pacy team.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pieman said:


I don’t believe he is available, unless someone offers more than he is worth. I hope we have stopped doing that. Chris Martin is available and would be an asset to our squad, even though we are heading towards a more dynamic/pacy team.

Having a target man making it stick allows the pacey lads a chance to get there

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

That was before the independent panel maybe it's a different ball game now


(Wrong quote, I meant signing Samatta)


If this is true, given he hasn’t signed for anyone, we are still in the hunt. I presume a number of teams are haggling over how much of his wages they will pay. 

Edited by Pieman
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

Having a target man making it stick allows the pacey lads a chance to get there


Completely agree, altho I am hoping we don’t fall into the trap of banging it long on a regular basis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pieman said:


If this is true, given he hasn’t signed for anyone, we are still in the hunt. I presume a number of teams are haggling over how much of his wages they will pay. 

It's a bun fight for the few quality players available and we don't know where we stand on the this forum

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

That was before the independent panel maybe it's a different ball game now

Yep, but we just don’t know. It’s like I say we might be able to pick up a quick mobile centre forward on the continent, but that’s my hope, I have no real idea whether we can or not. We’ll have to wait and see I guess

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pieman said:


Completely agree, altho I am hoping we don’t fall into the trap of banging it long on a regular basis.

I hope not yesterday showed only being a friendly that we can pass it about and it's the way we want to play for me it's nice to have other options available if needed

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gurujuan said:

Yep, but we just don’t know. It’s like I say we might be able to pick up a quick mobile centre forward on the continent, but that’s my hope, I have no real idea whether we can or not. We’ll have to wait and see I guess

Covid as cost us millions as well

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I hope not yesterday showed only being a friendly that we can pass it about and it's the way we want to play for me it's nice to have other options available if needed


Again, totally agree. I thought yesterday showed a real blue print to go forward with.

 

Rhodes did ok. He isn’t a target man and does llack upper body strength. As we know, he comes alive in the box, which didn’t happen yesterday. My issue with Rhodes (for years) is his passing. He just isn’t an accurate enough passer, which was very evident yesterday. On at least 4/5/6 times yesterday, he won the initial contact and then over hit the pass. This part of his game is so disappointing.

Edited by Pieman
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, scram said:

Early in the new season we may well be facing a familiar face

 

One who i think would considerably strengthen us right now if we kept him

 

But i get it. New broom and all that...

Walsall signing Winnall?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

we might be able to pick up a quick mobile centre forward on the continent, but that’s my hope

It would be just our luck that anyone signed from the "continent' be subject to the most severe lockdown quarantine of 26 weeks, on arrival in the UK! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pieman said:


Again, totally agree. I thought yesterday showed a real blue print to go forward with.

 

Rhodes did ok. He isn’t a target man and does llack upper body strength. As we know, he comes alive in the box, which didn’t happen yesterday. My issue with Rhodes (for years) is his passing. He just isn’t an accurate enough passer, which was very evident yesterday. On at least 4/5/6 times yesterday, he won the initial contact and then over hit the pass. This part of his game is so disappointing.

I think Rhodes had a couple of glorious seasons before us and we got stung hindsight again 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kranky fell out with jukewitz at boro and bombed him out to brum, posted couple of weeks back thought his time at br would probably be up? Re at lot hope we have the funds for him imo exactly what we need , would love a big mobile pacy target man but they come at top end premium? That nsame looks just what we need but can’t see us paying any more than 1/2 m for anyone atm 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...