Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Guest gizowl
20 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Find something else to do if supporting the club is not your thing

Agree  not going to be a season for the moaners and groaners 

2 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Really? 

You ever started to read a match day thread just as the team is announced, christ alive, that's every match of the season. 

That's the beauty of football and always will be. Don't think you'd find different at any other club. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flash said:

Agreed.

I expect us to bring in a Leko type forward/winger, Windass and then a target man type of striker looking at how Monk has set up in the past. 

I think we look weak in our wing back areas too so hopefully we’ll get one of these. 

I would take DaCruz, or Windass, as long as we had four better options as well 

Yes Monk’s set up at Birmingham was a big man through the middle (Juke) a wide striker (Adams) and an attacking midfielder on the other flank (Jota) with Mashona the creative midfielder It’s possible Windass and DaCruz could be earmarked for the Adams and Jota roles It’s unlikely that they will supply the goals those two scored though We also don’t have a centre forward of any description, and when the system is so dependent on that type of player, we’ll need a back up player of similar stature 

We’ve already seen how much we missed Fletcher when he was absent If that is the way we want to set up, we are looking at bringing in 4-5 strikers to make the system work

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Really? 

You ever started to read a match day thread just as the team is announced, christ alive, that's every match of the season. 

Scary isn’t it? I think we have quite a split in the fan base at the moment. It’s almost as is half of us are scared shitless, and half can’t wait for the season to start because it will be great.

TBH I’m normally really optimistic at the start of the season. Don’t know if it’s 5he hangover from the second half of last season, or the lack of incoming players, but im really concerned about the direction we are heading. Maybe a couple of good signings will perk us all up a bit

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Scary isn’t it? I think we have quite a split in the fan base at the moment. It’s almost as is half of us are scared shitless, and half can’t wait for the season to start because it will be great.

TBH I’m normally really optimistic at the start of the season. Don’t know if it’s 5he hangover from the second half of last season, or the lack of incoming players, but im really concerned about the direction we are heading. Maybe a couple of good signings will perk us all up a bit

Closer the season approaches the more I'm aligning with your thoughts.  We need forwards now!

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

Though those two factions are based on different realities One, those scared shitless, are looking at the current squad, as it stands, and fearing the worst The other group are basing their optimism on something they believe might happen

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I'd say Serie B is more like League 1 in reality. 

That's ok. We have been on about giving players from lower divisions a chance. Why should Da Cruz be any different?

He's become a bit of a whipping boy for some. For me it depends if he improves as he adjusts to English football and feels comfortable in our country. He looks to have a lot of the right abilities, it just depends on how he improves on the others. If he comes cheap he could be a good addition. If he wants too much then don't bother. It's not make ot break either way.

• Like 2

Just now, prowl said:

That's ok. We have been on about giving players from lower divisions a chance. Why should Da Cruz be any different?

He's become a bit of a whipping boy for some. For me it depends if he improves as he adjusts to English football and feels comfortable in our country. He looks to have a lot of the right abilities, it just depends on how he improves on the others. If he comes cheap he could be a good addition. If he wants too much then don't bother. It's not make ot break either way.

He didn't score.

5 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I'm in the middle. I'm not scared shitless but I think it will be a bit of a grind all season with new players to bed in and possibly a new system, On the other hand bring it on, we will cope or Monk will get the boot.

I take the view that you deal with what life brings, good or bad. Supporting a football club is the same, the good bits are fantastic but the bad bits are there just to bring you down to earth.

MILLWALL have confirmed a double swoop on Derby County for Mason Bennett and Scott Malone.

Bennett, 24, joins on a permanent deal for an undisclosed fee, while left-sided defender Malone, 29, has signed a season-long loan deal.

The pair are Lions boss Gary Rowett’s third and fourth recruits of the summer, after Ryan Woods and Troy Parrott.

2 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

MILLWALL have confirmed a double swoop on Derby County for Mason Bennett and Scott Malone.

Bennett, 24, joins on a permanent deal for an undisclosed fee, while left-sided defender Malone, 29, has signed a season-long loan deal.

The pair are Lions boss Gary Rowett’s third and fourth recruits of the summer, after Ryan Woods and Troy Parrott.

Millwall doing good business. Troy Parrott could be the standout striker in the league this season & the Bennett link we had a few weeks ago kinda interested me.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Millwall have recruited well. I really like Woods & Malone. Not convinced by Bennett. Has attributes, but seems to struggle a lot with niggling injuries. Parrott is a real prospect.