Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

8 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

No it’s true. In his 5 seasons of playing football he has scored once.

You'd think after my previous reply you might do a bit of fact-checking!

He'd scored six goals for Ascoli last season alone before he signed for us on loan. His career total is more than twenty (discounting U19 level).

Da Cruz was sought after by some big clubs just a few years ago. Maybe there’s a player in there. Wouldn’t be against bringing him here if he comes cheap and isn’t expected to be a first choice. 

At 23 he really has to show for something in matches, though.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Shezza said:

Da Cruz was sought after by some big clubs just a few years ago. Maybe there’s a player in there. Wouldn’t be against bringing him here if he comes cheap and isn’t expected to be a first choice. 

At 23 he really has to show for something in matches, though.

Think a strike force of Rhodes Da Cruz and Windass would be one of the bottom 4 in terms of goals. Worrying really. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I think Howson writes a lot better since he has been reporting for Yorkshire Live rather than The Star.

I was going to say exactly the same, his coverage and reporting is much improved since leaving.

Also, The Star’s coverage has also improved since Dom left so its a win, win.

We can dance around the Da Cruz situation all we want but the bottom line is he just didnt look any good apart from maybe one 20 minute spell in half a season.

He just seems to me like a 2020 version of Di Piedi.

Ironically the raft of posters saying he should be "given a chance" are probably the same ones who slagged Matt Penney for a few poor displays after JL switched his position.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Think a strike force of Rhodes Da Cruz and Windass would be one of the bottom 4 in terms of goals. Worrying really. 

Agreed.

I expect us to bring in a Leko type forward/winger, Windass and then a target man type of striker looking at how Monk has set up in the past. 

I think we look weak in our wing back areas too so hopefully we’ll get one of these. 

If we go into the season with Rhodes Windass and DeCruz, that should add another ten to fifteen goals to the side. It’s to be hopes the defence is good because we will be the lowest scorers in the league next year.

Just now, Plonk said:

If we go into the season with Rhodes Windass and DeCruz, that should add another ten to fifteen goals to the side. It’s to be hopes the defence is good because we will be the lowest scorers in the league next year.

Hence we are looking at more defenders....look forward to supporting Sheffield Wednesday Nil..... next season