Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

how confident are you that we will have the strikers in place by the time the season starts. I wouldn’t really class Windass as a striker?

DomHowson
5:14 PM
I am very hopeful Wednesday will have a couple of strikers in before Cardiff. Will they have two or three in the door before Walsall next week? Who knows. We will have to wait and see.

Are we linked to any big target men as from previous clubs Monks manages it’s been a preferred option for him

DomHowson
5:17 PM
I haven't been told any specific names or seen any big target men linked with Wednesday. But it wouldn't surprise me if they bring in an out and out No 9 to fill the Fletcher/Wickham void. GM likes a forward who can provide his team with a big of a physical presence eg. Chris Wood, Lukas Jutkiewicz.

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Are we linked to any big target men as from previous clubs Monks manages it’s been a preferred option for him

DomHowson
5:17 PM
I haven't been told any specific names or seen any big target men linked with Wednesday. But it wouldn't surprise me if they bring in an out and out No 9 to fill the Fletcher/Wickham void. GM likes a forward who can provide his team with a big of a physical presence eg. Chris Wood, Lukas Jutkiewicz.

...Adthe Nuhiu

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

is Windass really a forward? Wonder who these other irons are please God don’t let one of them be Da Cruz!

Don't you get bored of typing the same thing over and over, day after day?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It’s interesting that the two players we wanted to buy, Leko and Simmonds, seem very similar in style Both are strikers who like to attack from a wide area, that along with a big man, was also one of Monk’s previous tactics. Probably fits the description of the Everton lad, and our own Hagan, on the other flank. Hard to see how that works with a three at the back though

24 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Seems to be an obsession with players that played for us last season that weren’t good enough and where a big part of our shocking form since Christmas. 

Indeed. Why re-sign Joey? Bobbins!

That live chat thing with Dom was truly enlightening. Maybe he will consider a career in politics or perhaps selling double glazing when he gets the push from journalism. Not learnt a single thing from that; only confirmed that the club's targets have either been snapped up or are otherwise unavailable. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

No not really. If I was bored I wouldn’t do it. Do you get bored of typing the same things every day?  

I don't type the same things every day. I do get bored of reading your 'Oh not Da Cruz' posts though. But I suppose you do mix it up with a healthy dose of 'what type of player is XX.....' followed by you stating 'I like the look of XX, he's some one I'd like here!'

Keep up the good work! Maybe without you saying how bad Da Cruz is 10-20 times a day we may end up signing him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Philb125 said:

I don't type the same things every day. I do get bored of reading your 'Oh not Da Cruz' posts though. But I suppose you do mix it up with a healthy dose of 'what type of player is XX.....' followed by you stating 'I like the look of XX, he's some one I'd like here!'

Keep up the good work! Maybe without you saying how bad Da Cruz is 10-20 times a day we may end up signing him. 

aww I’m pleased you take such notice of my posts. Phil I’m flattered :wub:  I will keep up the good work just for you. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

That live chat thing with Dom was truly enlightening. Maybe he will consider a career in politics or perhaps selling double glazing when he gets the push from journalism. Not learnt a single thing from that; only confirmed that the club's targets have either been snapped up or are otherwise unavailable. 

Dunno why I bother.

11 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Must admit, there is little point in these live q&a when it comes to Wednesday transfer windows. Nobody has a clue what’s happening behind closed doors until it’s a done deal. Not even Nixon😀 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

how confident are you that we will have the strikers in place by the time the season starts. I wouldn’t really class Windass as a striker?

DomHowson
I am very hopeful Wednesday will have a couple of strikers in before Cardiff. Will they have two or three in the door before Walsall next week? Who knows. We will have to wait and see.

Think we are all living in hope we sign some forwards but the reality seems like we are already drinking from the drips tray.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

DomHowson

What did you deduce from this, does he class Windass as a striker? If he doesn’t, but is hopeful he’ll have a couple of strikers in before Cardiff, then that’s distinctly better than one of the strikers being Windass. A situation, where the best case scenario for our league start, was Rhodes, Windass and one other, would be gross negligence Unless of course, the one other, was Lionel Messi

Just now, gurujuan said:

What did you deduce from this, does he class Windass as a striker? If he doesn’t, but is hopeful he’ll have a couple of strikers in before Cardiff, then that’s distinctly better than one of the strikers being Windass. A situation, where the best case scenario for our league start, was Rhodes, Windass and one other, would be gross negligence Unless of course, the one other, was Lionel Messi

Unsure as you are, I'd settle for Windass and two forwards, Windass can play in a number of positions.

Messi ? Past it.