Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Ivan Toney heading to Brentford, £10m for a League One player, gulp. 

I guess they can afford it if Watkins is on his way, and it'll work out for them because they're Brentford and players always seem to improve there. If they don't do up they'll still probably double their money next year. If he came to Hillsborough he'd flop and struggle to get to 5 goals... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Ivan Toney heading to Brentford, £10m for a League One player, gulp. 

I guess they can afford it if Watkins is on his way, and it'll work out for them because they're Brentford and players always seem to improve there. If they don't do up they'll still probably double their money next year. If he came to Hillsborough he'd flop and struggle to get to 5 goals... 

not really a surprise, and a caution to all those who say, we should look to the lower leagues for talent

1 minute ago, s6 owl said:

Peterborough also want Tyler Walker from Forest maybe we should gazump them before he also becomes a £10m pound player.

If they want him, then it’s a good indication that he’ll be worth a few bob down the line

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

not really a surprise, and a caution to all those who say, we should look to the lower leagues for talent

At the going rate, we might end up having to hope to get a rough diamond on loan; searching non League or the Scottish lower Leagues or looking abroad for an undiscovered gem to take a gamble on. 

2 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Anyone know if we have anything to play with money-wise, under FFP? Assuming there is negligible income from season tickets and gate receipts.  

Probably not much room, considering how many we need to bring in and already brought in 3 decent players, two with good Championship experience. It could change if we can get some decent loanees, find a bargain or if we could sell someone. 

24 minutes ago, No Uniform said:

Don't be daft 

...if they’d relegated us now rather than the deduction, with this squad, I think we’d stand a better chance of being in the Championship next season. I.E this squad is more equipped to get promotion from L1 rather than fight relegation in Championship 🤷‍♂️

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Exactly the type of player we should take a chance on. 

Thinking the same or taking a punt on a young loanee or someone from Scotland, the Lower Leagues or Non League. If possible we should go for someone like Clarke-Harris or Bonne but don't know what budget we have to work with, considering we still need a few after already bringing in 3 players. 

13 minutes ago, Bagarri said:

...if they’d relegated us now rather than the deduction, with this squad, I think we’d stand a better chance of being in the Championship next season. I.E this squad is more equipped to get promotion from L1 rather than fight relegation in Championship 🤷‍♂️

and if league 1 folds part way through the season ?

1 hour ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Looks like the type of player Dem Blades in Team Monk would bring in. Dean Richards appears to have got the best out of him at Brentford. He's asociated with Stocksbridge Park Steels also. I think he'd fit the profile of a player who knows the area and wants to play for us. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Hogan

I watched him a few times when he was playing up here for the Steels. Not the fastest, but fully committed, eye for a goal and very good in the air. 

Just now, S36 OWL said:

I watched him a few times when he was playing up here for the Steels. Not the fastest, but fully committed, eye for a goal and very good in the air. 

Monk likes a target man. I can see it happening even though its probably porcine fake news. 

• Like 1