Jump to content
theowlsman

Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

You really are a negative person only good part is I will most likely never have to sit next to you

Enjoy your negativity from afar

 

Thank you for your opinion as you know absolutely f**k all about me. I used to be positive but I fell down a wishing well twenty years ago while making a wish for us to make a swift return to the premier league and we all know how that turned out? Thankfully the well was only two foot deep and I avoided serious injury but despite this narrow escape I became a very negative person and I feel very very inferior to positive and condescending people, so it would be a f**king nightmare for me also if I had to sit next to you :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

You really are a negative person only good part is I will most likely never have to sit next to you

Enjoy your negativity from afar

What in the name of god do we have to be positive about.

An owner who hasn't a clue if he is on this earth or fullers.

An day with the EFL discussing our financial irregularities.

Our current form which is down there with the worst in the league.

The fact that our manager has failed at every club he has been at and by the looks of things we are going to let him rebuild our squad.

By god what a golden age we live in.

Edited by Blue and white

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

What in the name of god do we have to be positive about.

An owner who hasn't a clue if he is on this earth or fullers.

An day with the EFL discussing our financial irregularities.

Our current form which is down there with the worst in the league.

The fact that our manager has failed at every club he has been at and by the looks of things we are going to let him rebuild our squad.

By god what a golden age we live in.

I think we will be a club that can handle the impact of Coronavirus better than most and that maybe down to a chairman thats willing to spend his cash. 

I see Reading have told one of there promising young players, Loader that he can leave on a free as they can not afford to renew his contract. Having turned down an offer for him from wolves in January.

 

And as I said previously I also think that we will play better behind closed doors than what we were before the stop in play. It is almost like the start of a new season when we come back and I see no reason to be optimistic about our chances going forward at the very least until the first 5-0 defeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I think we will be a club that can handle the impact of Coronavirus better than most and that maybe down to a chairman thats willing to spend his cash. 

I see Reading have told one of there promising young players, Loader that he can leave on a free as they can not afford to renew his contract. Having turned down an offer for him from wolves in January.

 

And as I said previously I also think that we will play better behind closed doors than what we were before the stop in play. It is almost like the start of a new season when we come back and I see no reason to be optimistic about our chances going forward at the very least until the first 5-0 defeat.

I will be the happiest man alive if your right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, malek said:

Wednesday got linked with a loan deal for Everton's 19 years old central defender Lewis Gibson. He is curently on a loan with League One side Fleetwood.

 

Are we actually linked? All I found is one of those crappy suggestion articles. Wednesday 'should be interested in'..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

 

Are we actually linked? All I found is one of those crappy suggestion articles. Wednesday 'should be interested in'..

 

I thought article spoke of our supposed interest. Will try to search for the article again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, malek said:

 

I thought article spoke of our supposed interest. Will try to search for the article again.

 

If you find it, please let me know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

I think we will be a club that can handle the impact of Coronavirus better than most and that maybe down to a chairman thats willing to spend his cash. 

I see Reading have told one of there promising young players, Loader that he can leave on a free as they can not afford to renew his contract. Having turned down an offer for him from wolves in January.

 

And as I said previously I also think that we will play better behind closed doors than what we were before the stop in play. It is almost like the start of a new season when we come back and I see no reason to be optimistic about our chances going forward at the very least until the first 5-0 defeat.

It would be good to hear that we are aware of the promising players at other clubs that can be developed and maybe sold on, I think that even premier League teams will be cutting squad sizes next year...Brunt/ Whelan types who need to play to develop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wilyfox said:

 

If you find it, please let me know. 

 

Sorry mate, checked it out and you are right.

 

It was one of those "should try to sign" rather then "will try to sign" articles...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, malek said:

 

Sorry mate, checked it out and you are right.

 

It was one of those "should try to sign" rather then "will try to sign" articles...

 

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

I think we will be a club that can handle the impact of Coronavirus better than most and that maybe down to a chairman thats willing to spend his cash. 

I see Reading have told one of there promising young players, Loader that he can leave on a free as they can not afford to renew his contract. Having turned down an offer for him from wolves in January.

 

And as I said previously I also think that we will play better behind closed doors than what we were before the stop in play. It is almost like the start of a new season when we come back and I see no reason to be optimistic about our chances going forward at the very least until the first 5-0 defeat.

I agree about the chairman...ironic really that he is being targeted for overspending and yet will be expected by all, including the EFL, to bail us out without any sustainable income...

Profit and sustainability rules just got torn up and put in the "nice to have" basket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to reliable transfer sites... Derby, WBA & Stoke want our Fletcher and Glasgow Rangers want Fox 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, 0114 said:

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-burnley-norwich-sheffield-wednesday-fletcher-fox
 

Burnley, Norwich, Bournemouth, WBA, Derby and Stoke want Fletcher. 

 

Burnley, Norwich, Bournemouth, WBA, Middlesbrough and Rangers after Fox. 


It doesn’t surprise me. I think if we offer fletch a 2 year deal on reasonable but significantly reduced wages, he will sign. I think he’s a decent bloke in all fairness. He also wants stability for his family and schooling for his kids at the end of his career. 

 

Fox has a proactive agent and they will be looking for the best deal. If we offer a £12pw deal on a 2 year deal, he will probably sign. Anything less, then he will be snared away.

 

Moving forward, looking to see players come in on £10k PW, rather than the £25/30k PW wages. 

Edited by Bouncing Owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

According to reliable transfer sites... Derby, WBA & Stoke want our Fletcher and Glasgow Rangers want Fox 

 

7 minutes ago, 0114 said:

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-burnley-norwich-sheffield-wednesday-fletcher-fox
 

Burnley, Norwich, Bournemouth, WBA, Derby and Stoke want Fletcher. 

 

Burnley, Norwich, Bournemouth, WBA, Middlesbrough and Rangers after Fox. 

 

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 0114 said:

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-burnley-norwich-sheffield-wednesday-fletcher-fox
 

Burnley, Norwich, Bournemouth, WBA, Derby and Stoke want Fletcher. 

 

Burnley, Norwich, Bournemouth, WBA, Middlesbrough and Rangers after Fox. 

Fox in the Premiership would be hard to accept for some of our fans who think he's not even L1 standard.

 

I think we will have to do without both if the information is correct. That's ok, not ideal but we will have to find cheap alternatives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If both Fox and Fletcher get offered even slightly better deals elsewhere they will be off, let’s not kid ourselves. The fans have mistreated Fox in the main and Fletcher hasn’t always been first choice so neither of them will think they have anything to owe the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, prowl said:

Fox in the Premiership would be hard to accept for some of our fans who think he's not even L1 standard.

 

I think we will have to do without both if the information is correct. That's ok, not ideal but we will have to find cheap alternatives.

A fair few on here posted that Antonio was fat and lazy

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:


It doesn’t surprise me. I think if we offer fletch a 2 year deal on reasonable but significantly reduced wages, he will sign. I think he’s a decent bloke in all fairness. He also wants stability for his family and schooling for his kids at the end of his career. 

 

Fox has a proactive agent and they will be looking for the best deal. If we offer a £12pw deal on a 2 year deal, he will probably sign. Anything less, then he will be snared away.

 

Moving forward, looking to see players come in on £10k PW, rather than the £25/30k PW wages. 

I wouldn’t offer anyone at Fletchers age anything other than 1 year personally.
 

Also think if lower end Premier League sides are genuinely looking at players like Morgan Fox then it says a lot about the state the market is going to be in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I wouldn’t offer anyone at Fletchers age anything other than 1 year personally.
 

Also think if lower end Premier League sides are genuinely looking at players like Morgan Fox then it says a lot about the state the market is going to be in.


Id personally offer fletch a 2 year deal

on around £17.5k PW. He’s had his big 4 year deal and I think he will take it. He’s a decent player and could easily play in the premier. He’s good around the dressing room, he’s well respected and not a disruptive influence.

 

Fox is underrated. In my opinion he’s a very good defender whilst a bit limited going forward. I’d offer him a 2 or 3 year deal as his best years are in front of him. 
 

Id give Penney a new 2 year deal too. The rest can go for me. They’ve had their chance and it’s time for a clear out. 

Edited by Bouncing Owl
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...