John Ruddy - Free

Mikeal Kiftenbeld - Free

Jackson Irvine - Free

Izzy Brown - Loan

Jordan Hugil - Loan

Jacob Brown - Small fee from Barnsley 

Che Adams - Loan if Southampton buy

• Like 1

Monk and Bullen, need to go, along with all the out of contract payers and all of the stale players from the play off failures. We need a rebuild and a fresh approach on and off the pitch in the long term but in the short term we need another Bruce type, someone like Colin to stabilise us. DC needs to learn from his mistakes and going forward we need to be more sensible and start bringing in players on the rise with resale value and selling players for a profit.

Possible cheap signing who are better than we have Karl Darlow keeper free agent, Like Garbutt left back free agent, Jackson Irvine central midfield free agent, Alex mowatt central midfield free agent, Kyle Taylor striker free agent, Danny ward striker free agent, Rudy gestede striker free agent.

and many more not world beaters but championship quality players on frees.

get rid of Hutch, Westwood, Lee, winnall, Rhodes and all the loan players we save £200k a week or £10m a season in wages, more than we get in a season from gate receipts.

Add to that a gem or two from league 1 & 2 maybe a free youth players making the step up we could make a few quid on.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Izzy Brown

Alex Mowatt

Elias Kachunga

Danny Ward

Rudy Gestede

Kevin Stewart

Jackson Irvine

James Bree

Jack Colback

Courtney Senior

All available/out of contract and wouldn't cost the earth

Couple of right backs to add to that

Kieron Freeman at blunts and more especially Adam Matthews at Charlton who impressed me the other night.

Need to bring in players with resale value. Considering how we won't have much to spend it will demand some top scouting and calculated gambling.

There are young players at PL clubs tired of waiting for chance at their clubs, lower league and SPL players ready for step up to this level.

With so many players out of contract it is a perfect chance to refresh our stale, far to comfortable and unmotivated squad.

Chris Turner did precious little in his time as manager here, but did well to rebuild one of worst squads in my time of watching Wednesday, most of squad that Sturrock got back to The Championship.

Could be one of the most important transfer windows in last few years. 

Huge summer ahead, the best opportunity we've had to rebuild this squad in years, with most of the remaining high earners out of contract. 

I'm pleased Monk spoke about continuity and contribution in his thinking. Need to remove sentiment from the equation and look at contribution in the here & now and future. 

Expect our recruitment department to be busy and our signings to be younger, not necessarily established names.

Not a bad strategy, others do it, Brentford the example, Hull scouted Bowen who sold for big money, Wigan brought in Robinson who almost went to Milan (who I thought at the time, we should have been looking at ) for example.

9 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Izzy Brown

Alex Mowatt

Elias Kachunga

Danny Ward

Rudy Gestede

Kevin Stewart

Jackson Irvine

James Bree

Jack Colback

Courtney Senior

All available/out of contract and wouldn't cost the earth

Izzy Brown is a player with a huge amount of potential.

He's had his career somewhat halted by a couple of lengthy injuries, but he's a player that can fill a number of roles, and is technically very, very good.

But he's not out of contract until next summer (2021), and I'd imagine Chelsea will be looking to cash in on him in the summer. Probably be looking at £3-4m for him.

Alex Mowatt is a player who's impressed me this season, and will be playing in the Championship next season. But he's another player, who won't be available for nothing. Barnsley have a one-year option on his contract, which they'll be almost certain to activate. 

2 hours ago, frastheowl said:

Izzy Brown is a player with a huge amount of potential.

He's had his career somewhat halted by a couple of lengthy injuries, but he's a player that can fill a number of roles, and is technically very, very good.

But he's not out of contract until next summer (2021), and I'd imagine Chelsea will be looking to cash in on him in the summer. Probably be looking at £3-4m for him.

Alex Mowatt is a player who's impressed me this season, and will be playing in the Championship next season. But he's another player, who won't be available for nothing. Barnsley have a one-year option on his contract, which they'll be almost certain to activate. 

Didn't realise regards Mowatt. But think him and Chaplin from dingles would be relatively cheap. 

Brown I think could be picked up for couple of million. 

Personally as well as the big wages on out of contract, I'd be looking for hutch and Westwood to move on, and I'd get rid of either Bannan or Reach of we received an offer of note for them 

Right back is a key area for us to improve on.

We have seen how improved we are when Fox returned. Imagine that quality again on the other side