Jump to content
theowlsman

Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Recommended Posts

Seems pointless paying loans when weve nothing really to pay for. I can also imagine wickham for example is on a pretty penny. Pretty much everyone who can be released should be released bar fletcher and possibly fox. That will save us over 150k a week give or take. Give game time to the alex hunts and the borukovs of the youth team. If they cant get a game when theres nothing to play for and no fans then you may as well cut the development squad and save the money because theyll never get a chance. Get rhodes back in the squad (unless hes on a massive appearance bonus) and get him either match fit or shop windowed. Get set up now for a decent go at next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, striker said:

Cant see being forced to incur the additional cost of loan players, without being compensated by EFL. Presume we've been paying them since lockdown started anyway.

 

Despite the apparent wish to play on, I dont see the majority of Championship clubs wanting to incur further losses to put on pointless games in empty stadiums. 

 

All the talk of finishing the season is testicles. Unfit teams, depleted squads and no fans is not football I recognise, it's just sad, desperate and obviously purely a matter of retaining TV money. 

 

Agree.

 

That's what we will all be negotiating now. How the game comes back as much as when.

Eventually it will all become to much to deal with and every English league will end the season.

We are not like Germany. Dont use that as a model for us coming back. To many teams with self interest and a government that is not trusted. And believe me the closer we get the more fuss we are going to see. Even the ppg ending to the season will be messy. I recon all will kickoff about that aswell. Other countries have had 3 maybe 4 teams unhappy threatening legal action. Honestly recon we could have 30 or 40 here.

Edited by pazowl55

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, striker said:

Cant see being forced to incur the additional cost of loan players, without being compensated by EFL. Presume we've been paying them since lockdown started anyway.

 

Despite the apparent wish to play on, I dont see the majority of Championship clubs wanting to incur further losses to put on pointless games in empty stadiums. 

 

All the talk of finishing the season is testicles. Unfit teams, depleted squads and no fans is not football I recognise, it's just sad, desperate and obviously purely a matter of retaining TV money. 

But this is again where it starts to get ridiculous. You could effectively have teams put out really poor teams just to get it done. How does that hold up the integrity of the competition. Don’t think we’ve seen the bubble on administration yet as I fear quite a few clubs will fold. What then? What happened when Bury went? Will that be replicated and how would that affect things. Just make a decision and get it done. If it means Leeds go up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

Seems pointless paying loans when weve nothing really to pay for. I can also imagine wickham for example is on a pretty penny. Pretty much everyone who can be released should be released bar fletcher and possibly fox. That will save us over 150k a week give or take. Give game time to the alex hunts and the borukovs of the youth team. If they cant get a game when theres nothing to play for and no fans then you may as well cut the development squad and save the money because theyll never get a chance. Get rhodes back in the squad (unless hes on a massive appearance bonus) and get him either match fit or shop windowed. Get set up now for a decent go at next season.

What u on about? We’re in a relegation scrap if we get a points deduction. Need everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We certainly have plenty to play for. 9pts off relegation, 9 games left and a deduction looming in July.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I were Chansiri I'd be selective. Try to extend Windass' stay because he's contributing. I wouldn't bother with Wickham. Hasn't looked fit enough or sharp enough. 3 months on his arse won't help remedy that. Let him go back. Da Cruz...depends on whether we had long term plans for him. Shown very little yet to suggest he'll deliver - but only had 5/6 weeks before play was suspended. Judgement call for Monk on him. Be worth asking Fletcher, FF, & Nuhiu to stay on until season's end, but I'd let Winnall walk. If Wickham and Winnall go, we'd still have 6 strikers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't keep any of the loans, we have wasted a lot of money there. Need a lot better recruitment policy, we wont have a lot of money for players and I can see a few clubs going bust so there will be lots of players out of contract. Better to get some out of contract players rather than loans who have little commitment to club. Lets hope we can stay in championship and start building for next season.

Need to let Rhodes go to Celtic if they are still interested, don't think we will be able to sell any of our players as all clubs will be short of money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Wouldn't keep any of the loans, we have wasted a lot of money there. Need a lot better recruitment policy, we wont have a lot of money for players and I can see a few clubs going bust so there will be lots of players out of contract. Better to get some out of contract players rather than loans who have little commitment to club. Lets hope we can stay in championship and start building for next season.

Need to let Rhodes go to Celtic if they are still interested, don't think we will be able to sell any of our players as all clubs will be short of money.

 

We could be one of the clubs on the edge as the Huddersfield owner said that there will be 40+ on the brink in his opinion?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

 

We could be one of the clubs on the edge as the Huddersfield owner said that there will be 40+ on the brink in his opinion?

I think it’s a bit of a throw away figure to be honest. He’s rightly trying to illustrate how big of an issue finances are in the EFL. He won’t have any idea of the state of individual clubs finances. The only way we would be on the edge is if Chansiri is skint now or if he decides he’s had enough but that goes for the majority of clubs backed by wealthy single entities. In some ways we might be in a beneficial situation with the amount of players out of contract. Obviously we would need to replace them but to some extent we can create a new financial structure quicker than a lot of clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

 

We could be one of the clubs on the edge as the Huddersfield owner said that there will be 40+ on the brink in his opinion?

I'm of the opinion we could lose at least ten clubs, its why the government are trying to force through solidarity payments from the EPL. 

 

The fact that the EPL want something in return worries me.

Edited by Maddogbob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I'm of the opinion we could lose at least ten clubs, its why the government are trying to force through solidarity payments from the EPL. 

 

The fact that the EPL want something in return worries me.

 

That return may well be B teams sometime in the future? It’s inevitable 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wilyfox said:

If I were Chansiri I'd be selective. Try to extend Windass' stay because he's contributing. I wouldn't bother with Wickham. Hasn't looked fit enough or sharp enough. 3 months on his arse won't help remedy that. Let him go back. Da Cruz...depends on whether we had long term plans for him. Shown very little yet to suggest he'll deliver - but only had 5/6 weeks before play was suspended. Judgement call for Monk on him. Be worth asking Fletcher, FF, & Nuhiu to stay on until season's end, but I'd let Winnall walk. If Wickham and Winnall go, we'd still have 6 strikers. 


Keep Windass on, I like him, hope he signs permanently. Keep Murphy. Other loan players can go back ASAP. Wickham looked half fit and Cruz looks a shocking player, really don’t know anything positive he offers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

 

That return may well be B teams sometime in the future? It’s inevitable 😞

Might be if we lose clubs anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wednesday got linked with a loan deal for Everton's 19 years old central defender Lewis Gibson. He is curently on a loan with League One side Fleetwood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, malek said:

Wednesday got linked with a loan deal for Everton's 19 years old central defender Lewis Gibson. He is curently on a loan with League One side Fleetwood.

Shame it wasn't Ellis Simms we were linked with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Shame it wasn't Ellis Simms we were linked with

I wondered why he hadn’t been sent out on loan. A phenomenal goalscoring record for both Everton and City at youth level

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just can't see us as being a draw for premier league clubs loaning out promising youngsters. Our record with loan players is shocking as is youth development in general. We really are a car crash of a club and need a total re-think right across the board but whilever the club is structured like it currently is, this seems highly unlikely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, wilyfox said:

If I were Chansiri I'd be selective. Try to extend Windass' stay because he's contributing. I wouldn't bother with Wickham. Hasn't looked fit enough or sharp enough. 3 months on his arse won't help remedy that. Let him go back. Da Cruz...depends on whether we had long term plans for him. Shown very little yet to suggest he'll deliver - but only had 5/6 weeks before play was suspended. Judgement call for Monk on him. Be worth asking Fletcher, FF, & Nuhiu to stay on until season's end, but I'd let Winnall walk. If Wickham and Winnall go, we'd still have 6 strikers. 

If I were Chansiri I'd be looking to sell ASAP and I'd be taking stuffing boy with me before the whole lot goes under.

The term pride before a fall springs to mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I just can't see us as being a draw for premier league clubs loaning out promising youngsters. Our record with loan players is shocking as is youth development in general. We really are a car crash of a club and need a total re-think right across the board but whilever the club is structured like it currently is, this seems highly unlikely?

think we did alright with Hector

 

Chelsea had a player running down his contract and would have gone for nothing. A good season with us and all of a sudden they recoup somewhere near of £6-8m

 

A lot of it is to do with the manager and contacts. If we did bring James Beattie in for example we then have a link with Everton and David Unsworth who appears to be their manager 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I just can't see us as being a draw for premier league clubs loaning out promising youngsters. Our record with loan players is shocking as is youth development in general. We really are a car crash of a club and need a total re-think right across the board but whilever the club is structured like it currently is, this seems highly unlikely?

You really are a negative person only good part is I will most likely never have to sit next to you

Enjoy your negativity from afar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...