Jump to content

Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021


Recommended Posts

Guest Kagoshimaowl
58 minutes ago, oldishowl said:


Surely you don’t have to name the squad until the window closes in October.

 

I do see naming a squad potentially as a problem for us.

It means we have to name untried youngsters in the squad or they cannot even make the bench.

Or is there any exception for youngsters ?

Unless this is a new rule he’s got it wrong. Regardless, I believe homegrown talents under age 23 don’t count towards the number anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Expect Windass to get done then, surely we're aware of his wage expectations from his loan deal.

Agh crap, I had hoped there’d be a sticking point Looks like we’ll be starting with the same attacking options that did so well last season then

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

 

This is unbelievably poo.

 

So the Champ have to have the same 25 man squad as the Prem but they play 8 games more. Load of poo that. 

Not really... under 21s are exempt from that 25-man list. That 25-man list has always existed. Even in that season with CC in charge where we had what felt like a million players, we didn't exceed that squad list.

 

A 25-man squad is more than enough to complete a 50 or 60-game season.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Agh crap, I had hoped there’d be a sticking point Looks like we’ll be starting with the same attacking options that did so well last season then

He's steady, quicker than he looks, versatile and capable of 10+ goals a season. Not expensive. It doesn't set the heart racing but we need a squad, so I'm happy with this if it comes off. I think we are looking at moving to 4231 with forwards that are capable of 10-15 between them rather than two out and out 20 goal a season strikers. Looks like they want more goals from the CH's as well with the ones we've signed and are being linked with. 

Edited by BonesyOwl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Bulgaria
9 minutes ago, prowl said:

I'd be surprised if we can shift either on their big wages. JVA on over £20k was reported, who'd pay that.

Sheffield Wedn.........

 

Oh..

Poo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

Not really... under 21s are exempt from that 25-man list. That 25-man list has always existed. Even in that season with CC in charge where we had what felt like a million players, we didn't exceed that squad list.

 

A 25-man squad is more than enough to complete a 50 or 60-game season.

We currently have 22 players in the squad, excluding any of the youngsters who’ve yet to make an appearance, 3 keepers, 6 centre backs, 4 full/wing backs, 8 midfielders and 1 striker. So 3 more players, all strikers, required, plus any positions we want to upgrade 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, prowl said:

I'd be surprised if we can shift either on their big wages. JVA on over £20k was reported, who'd pay that.

Really, surely not?!

 

That's an obscene amount to have offered him. Coming from abroad  I'd have thought half that at the most (and would still be too much)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, striker said:

Really, surely not?!

 

That's an obscene amount to have offered him. Coming from abroad  I'd have thought half that at the most (and would still be too much)

If true, it’s a real dilemma about what to do with these high earners, especially if they’re not playing. We cannot afford to duplicate their positions, while they remain. We need to try and engineer a way to move them on, but if we can’t, we need to play them. We can’t afford to carry players in the squad, who the manager has no intention of using

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we start the season (which I don't think we will) with one striker of Jordan Rhodes caliber we may aswell get set for league one next season. Waste of 10m he was, would like to see us sign a decent prospect to lead the line, although I understand it being a bit tougher for us to do so with the deduction in place as it stands. Maybe waiting on an appeal decision? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If true, it’s a real dilemma about what to do with these high earners, especially if they’re not playing. We cannot afford to duplicate their positions, while they remain. We need to try and engineer a way to move them on, but if we can’t, we need to play them. We can’t afford to carry players in the squad, who the manager has no intention of using

You can’t justify selecting a player to play just because they are on a high wage, it’s not monks fault previous managers gave out huge contracts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 83owl said:

You can’t justify selecting a player to play just because they are on a high wage, it’s not monks fault previous managers gave out huge contracts.

What’s the alternative, stockpile central defenders? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Why have we not been linked with a single centre-forward? The club must be working on someone who can lead the line. Our only links are second-striker/wing-forwards. 


 

we’re going to be like Spain of 2012/ 2014. We don’t need an out and out striker. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...