Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Guest domSWFC

I wonder if we'll see Iorfa back at right back next season. I Can't see Windass as being a centre forward, and with Izzy Brown in the side maybe we'll be looking more at a 4231.

With the 3 behind the striker interchangeble with more natural wingers coming in for games where we need more width. 

LINEUP111598014044476.png

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

I wonder if we'll see Iorfa back at right back next season. I Can't see Windass as being a centre forward, and with Izzy Brown in the side maybe we'll be looking more at a 4231.

With the 3 behind the striker interchangeble with more natural wingers coming in for games where we need more width. 

image.gif.2a26086356fab0dfe2cc8c09a55cd320.gif

17 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

I can see Brown and Windass being used behind a front man. But I still see us playing wingbacks.

Edited by pazowl55

Guest Bulgaria
14 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I can see Brown and Windass being used behind a front man. But I still see us playing wingbacks.

Crikey, wouldn't want to be behind a brown windass.

1 hour ago, royalowlisback said:

Sanderson has played 11 games in his career, 10 of them in the Championship, not that bothered either way if he signs.

We need to be careful that we don't pack our squad with young, inexperienced players just because they might be 'hungry'.

We need to get the balance right, young doesn't always mean better, fitter, quicker - players can be of any age to display those qualities.

We’ve got Bannan, Lee, Luongo, reach, Borner, Rhodes, Palmer 

plenty of experience. About time we injected some youth into the team 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

That side looks grim but with a couple of signings it will look not so grim

For me the goalkeeper is a massive issue. A solid keeper there and that's a start.

4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

The prophecy was that a former players son will lead us back to the promise land, we simply assumed this was Hirst, hence the heartbreak. Based on that, it's a no brainer that we go for Walker

Windass 

• Haha 1

All this talk of younger players coming in (and we definitely need them, and the club recognise this) isn't a guarantee that it will improve us.

We started last season with a few younger players, and apart from at the end where we were basically trying to make up numbers to fill the squad, most of them fell by the wayside.

Thorniley - sold

Baker - sold

Penney - loaned out

Bates - played 1 cup game

Da Cruz - played back end of the season but was poor

The other youngsters played their part, the likes of Hunt, Shaw etc, and may have a bigger role to play this season, but on the whole it is quite difficult getting consistent performances out of younger players, especially if they have hardly ever played any competitive football.

Yes we need to bring the age of the squad down, but not just any youngsters, we still need experienced players to come in, especially up front, and in Goal if we choose to make a change.

The difference been those ones you named we had seen struggle at this level before (Baker) were unknown (Da Cruz) or for Penney went to get regular games which was a better option. 

The likes of Sanderson, Leko, Brown have performed and done well at this level before. There is a gulf in the standard of them

As someone else suggested. Dujon Sterling might be just as good an option as Sanderson. He’s got plenty of experience in the EFL now and he’s an absolute unit.

4231 would be my preferred option too but it does mean trouble in terms of keeping some centre halves happy 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

The difference been those ones you named we had seen struggle at this level before (Baker) were unknown (Da Cruz) or for Penney went to get regular games which was a better option. 

The likes of Sanderson, Leko, Brown have performed and done well at this level before. There is a gulf in the standard of them

Sanderson has played 11 competitive matches, that is it.