Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

43 minutes ago, Jim said:

Wolves local rag. We seem to be linked with a fair few defenders? Maybe we’re going to shake up that area? I could see Lees and Van Aken being moved on if possible. I still think we’ll get an offer for Iorfa?

******** hope we get Sanderson. Looked good for Cardiff, young, and a unit too. 

Him, Iorfa, and dunkley in a team would make the set pieces more interesting 

1 minute ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Reportedly fought off competition from Bournemouth, Forest & QPR for Brown so we can obviously compete 

Probably helps that we seem to have manager that players want to come and play for.

• Haha 2

Sanderson has played 11 games in his career, 10 of them in the Championship, not that bothered either way if he signs.

We need to be careful that we don't pack our squad with young, inexperienced players just because they might be 'hungry'.

We need to get the balance right, young doesn't always mean better, fitter, quicker - players can be of any age to display those qualities.

9 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Wouldn't Cardiff be the favourites if he did well there last season?   Settled in and all that sort of stuff. 

With three players already here vying for the right wing back slot, it would seem to be a waste of a loan, especially if we are still looking to bring Murphy back

2 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Sanderson has played 11 games in his career, 10 of them in the Championship, not that bothered either way if he signs.

We need to be careful that we don't pack our squad with young, inexperienced players just because they might be 'hungry'.

We need to get the balance right, young doesn't always mean better, fitter, quicker - players can be of any age to display those qualities.

Agree with that though I'd only say Dele is inexperienced so far. We have Chey whos played a lot and Brown also is 23 anx has had plenty of games at this level. Windass the same. I think there's now enough age balance in the squad to be able to bring in more younger players or older players without it being too much of an issue. The attitude and willingness of the player matters. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Agree with that though I'd only say Dele is inexperienced so far. We have Chey whos played a lot and Brown also is 23 anx has had plenty of games at this level. Windass the same. I think there's now enough age balance in the squad to be able to bring in more younger players or older players without it being too much of an issue. The attitude and willingness of the player matters. 

Agreed. ^^^

The point I'm trying to make (quite poorly) is that every young player we get linked with, some of our supporters are getting carried away just because they are young - their age is largely irrelevant, unless we are signing them permanently and looking to sell on later.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Watto said:

Are we just looking at wingers/ attacking midfield types?

We need a Goalscorer simple as 

Goalscorers always the most difficult to recruit, doing good early business in other areas of the team and sure we are working hard in the background to add some goal threat.

• Like 2