Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I know but I just think it stinks a bit. If the lad doesn’t kick on this season or gets injured again he’s tied into a contract and there’s no guarantee a club will be willing to pay the fee Chelsea are requesting. 

More like modern day slavery

• Haha 1
56 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’m guessing Chelsea want Brown to sign a new deal so they don’t lose him for nothing.

Whats the point though? A big rich club like them making the lad sign a new deal when he will never play for them. 

This needs regulating. 

Chelsea are the equivalent of a football stud farm. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Shetland Owl said:

Think people are under estimating Borner, he is a calming influence

Can’t run. That’s a problem on left of a 3.

• Like 2

I wonder if we're still looking at that Beryly Lubala from Crawley?

We were linked in January. Left Birmingham the same time Monk did. Was scoring goals until Coronavirus hit. 

• Like 1

Need a RWB (ideally Murphy), 3/4 strikers and possibly a GK but don’t think it’s top priority. Slowly starting to build a decent side, still players like Lees, Pelupessy and Rhodes who need moving on within the next year and a half

238E0828-575D-49AF-91E3-C81EA2E3EFD9.jpeg

Edited by TheCityIsOurs
7 minutes ago, TheCityIsOurs said:

Need a RWB (ideally Murphy), 3/4 strikers and possibly a GK but don’t think it’s top priority. Slowly starting to build a decent side, still players like Lees, Pelupessy and Rhodes who need moving on within the next year and a half

Sorry but Palmer is no CB.

Still think if Westwood leaves we need a dominant #1 in Darlow or Bettinelli. Gives a defence SO much extra belief!

If Harris is preferred at LWB then we may need someone in at RWB. If he can play on the right then we may be okay with Reach and Penney on the left.
Can’t help but think we still need some bite in DM. Whether that’s a young signing from a PL team or a loan remains to be seen.

Then it’s on to the strikers. We possibly now have a bridge between midfield and attack in Brown and Dele-Bashiru along with Bannan. Not sure we now need Windass. We need pace up front and someone for the ball to stick too. A mix of established loans and a couple of youngsters could be the answer. A lot rests on Rhodes too - again!!

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, TheCityIsOurs said:

I hope we don’t get Murphy for the RWB role. He’s not a wingback. If we’re going to stick with using them we need to get in some actual wingbacks not shoehorn wingers in there. 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

Sorry but Palmer is no CB.

Still think if Westwood leaves we need a dominant #1 in Darlow or Bettinelli. Gives a defence SO much extra belief!

If Harris is preferred at LWB then we may need someone in at RWB. If he can play on the right then we may be okay with Reach and Penney on the left.
Can’t help but think we still need some bite in DM. Whether that’s a young signing from a PL team or a loan remains to be seen.

Then it’s on to the strikers. We possibly now have a bridge between midfield and attack in Brown and Dele-Bashiru along with Bannan. Not sure we now need Windass. We need pace up front and someone for the ball to stick too. A mix of established loans and a couple of youngsters could be the answer. A lot rests on Rhodes too - again!!

Tbh ideally with this new transfer policy and how we’re shifting as a squad, I’d look to let go Palmer at the end of this season 100%. Don’t think Dele-Bashiru will be chosen that much over the entire season think Luongo will he first choice there. If there’s no chance or Murphy shift Harris over to the other side like you said. I’d still take Windass especially for 250k, then probably 3 more striker, 2 experienced and a young en

2 minutes ago, CF_Owl said:

I hope we don’t get Murphy for the RWB role. He’s not a wingback. If we’re going to stick with using them we need to get in some actual wingbacks not shoehorn wingers in there. 

He was unreal back end of last season at RWB

• Like 4