theowlsman

Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

13 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Jordon Ibe leaving Bournemouth on July 1st

Was very highly rated earlier in his career. Still ok 23/24 and has a bit of pace. 

The kind of signing we should be looking at if the wages are ok. 

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

This convenient accepted wisdom just will not go away. The logical inference from it is that Nuhiu is actually talented enough to be a latter-day Alan Shearer, but most of the time simply can't be bothered to unleash this tremendous talent. Whatever people think of his abilities, most agree that the bloke cares and puts in a shift whatever his contract status happens to be. 

Those kind of short-term anomalies happen. Nefarious conspiracies aren't always necessary.

I never believed it was a case of Atdhe raising his game to bag a new contract.

More than likely just a coincidence that in 7 years at the club his only consistent scoring period was in those few weeks.

Edited by Tommy Crawshaw

3 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I never believed it was a case of Adthe raising his game to bag a new contract.

More than likely just a coincidence that in 7 years at the club his only consistent scoring period was in those few weeks.

Andy Pearce scored in 3 consecutive games in January 1994, but got only 1 in his other 80 appearances.

Dominic Iorfa scored 3 in his first 7 games for us, then 1 in 32 since.

Lawrie Madden scored 3 in 5 games during October 1983, but got only 2 in his other 256 appearances.

Andy Sinton scored 3 goals in his first 2 games in September 1993, then 0 in the other 63.

Nigel Pearson scored 12 goals in 51 games during 1990/1 but only 8 in his other 166 appearances.

Regi Blinker scored 2 on his debut in March 1996, then only 1 in his other 44 appearances.

Must all have been after new contracts. :dry:

David Hirst scored 2 in 17 league games in the midst of a season in which he scored 32 overall.

Must have just signed one.

I am going to come back when we get to page 100 as in previous season we normally don't sign anyone for the first 100-150 pages. lol

12 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Andy Pearce scored in 3 consecutive games in January 1994, but got only 1 in his other 80 appearances.

Lawrie Madden scored 3 in 5 games during October 1983, but got only 2 in his other 256 appearances.

Andy Sinton scored 3 goals in his first 2 games in September 1993, then 0 in the other 63.

Nigel Pearson scored 12 goals in 51 games during 1990/1 but only 8 in his other 166 appearances.

Regi Blinker scored 2 on his debut in March 1996, then only 1 in his other 44 appearances.

David Hirst scored 2 in 17 league games in the midst of a season in which he scored 32 overall.

I also missed Ritchie Humphreys scoring 3 in 4 games at the start of 1996/7 but just 5 more in 39+39 appearances.

12 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Wow you've been doing your research 😀.

Though all of those apart from 2 were defenders so scoring goals was hardly going to be their forte.

Sinton and Blinker obviously didn't want new contracts 😉

54 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Saw him make his league debut for Wycombe against us Think he was 15

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Saw him make his league debut for Wycombe against us Think he was 15

...and scored.

56 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

If Monk was being honest to them fair play. But if you know in January that you won't be at the club next season, you're going to be looking for a deal at a new club and I could excuse a player thinking I dont want to risk getting injured.

Your mind would surely be on your next club and not the rest of the season.

..despite still being paid many thousands of pounds per week to perform for Sheffield Wednesday? I don't understand how you can imply that whilst attacking Monk and my criticism of the players. 

49 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Was very highly rated earlier in his career. Still ok 23/24 and has a bit of pace. 

Unfortunately as he’s been at Bournemouth I doubt his wages meet our definition of ok! 

1 hour ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Hasnt he signed a 3yr community service deal for crashing into a shop full of bagels? 

Has anyone else heard the rumour that Gary Hooper is coming back, but on much reduced wages?

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Has anyone else heard the rumour that Gary Hooper is coming back, but on much reduced wages?

Yes just read about it on here, waiting for the Owls man to provide further updates 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

No chance. He's going to end up at a newly promoted team or newly relegated team

Posted (edited)

Best business we will do this summer is getting rid of the out of contract players, except for Fletcher and the young lads. Some of those players have really outstayed their welcome at the club and some of them are just no where near good enough. Will be very disappointing and annoying if he keeps people like Pessy and Nuhiu. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

I can’t wait to see Monk’s replacement for Fernando

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I can’t wait to see Monk’s replacement for Fernando

I'm in training as we speak.

• Haha 2

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

I want a refund

I'll give it 100%

Everyone will admire my work rate and dedication to the club.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

£135,000 PER WEEK.