Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

58 minutes ago, malek said:

Everton are about to release highly rated 19 years old Alex Denny. He is a mobile 6'2" central midfielder with silky touch and great passing range. Did really well this season for Everton's U-23 side that were this year's Premier League 2 champions.

Available on free transfer and seamingly able to help at this level right now. One for both present and the future.

However, interest in him will be high as Rangers were interested in him erlier this season.

Good shout, and presumably he will have been a teammate of Nathan Holland, who we have been linked with

On 18/05/2020 at 16:49, wilyfox said:

Our collapse in form is down to the players. I'm amazed there are some who still don't realise that. How many managers must they throw under the bus for people to catch on what they're like?

Might be relegation form, but we're pretty comfortable in mid-table. Would likely take a points deduction to relegate us - and for decisions made long before he came here. Likewise at Birmingham.

..and we don't know what went on with Hutch & Westy, but we do know both were outcast by different managers, so good chance they're a coupla c*nts.

Or the two managers monk and Jo’s are a couple of c’nts because CC and Bruce didn’t have a promble with them. 

Guest wilyfox
57 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Or the two managers monk and Jo’s are a couple of c’nts because CC and Bruce didn’t have a promble with them. 

Bruce was here 5 minutes. Carlos did say there were some difficult players to manage without naming names. If you still back those players after what we've seen play out in recent years, fair play to ya. Personally, I think some down tools and have survived too many managers here. 

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

Bruce was here 5 minutes. Carlos did say there were some difficult players to manage without naming names. If you still back those players after what we've seen play out in recent years, fair play to ya. Personally, I think some down tools and have survived too many managers here. 

I’m not sure, the majority of players who have seemingly downed tools since Christmas, were signed in recent times There may well have been issues with the likes of Westwood and Hutchinson, I don’t know, but this is a whole new group of players

58 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’m not sure, the majority of players who have seemingly downed tools since Christmas, were signed in recent times There may well have been issues with the likes of Westwood and Hutchinson, I don’t know, but this is a whole new group of players

It doesn't take many disruptive influences to sour a dressing room. It's all about small margins and if you've got a few players undermining the manager it can spoil things.

There's been constant rumours about divisions in the dressing room, cliques forming and general unrest. We had a close knit group the first year under CC then it seemed to go downhill..

24 minutes ago, prowl said:

It doesn't take many disruptive influences to sour a dressing room. It's all about small margins and if you've got a few players undermining the manager it can spoil things.

There's been constant rumours about divisions in the dressing room, cliques forming and general unrest. We had a close knit group the first year under CC then it seemed to go downhill..

Maybe, but some of our biggest under performers since Christmas, have been the likes of Iorfa, Borner and Harris, and you’d have to question their character if they have indeed been corrupted by two players no longer involved in first team activities

Edited by gurujuan

39 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Maybe, but some of our biggest under performers since Christmas, have been the likes of Iorfa, Borner and Harris, and you’d have to question their character if they have indeed been corrupted by two players no longer involved in first team activities

Possibly those 2 are just the tip of the iceberg. It seems like we are going to be having a proper clear out, Maybe there are other disruptive influences among those who's contracts are up.

It will all come out at some stage might take 20 years or so when there are a few autobiographies written. It always seems to surface somehow.

On 18/05/2020 at 10:49, wilyfox said:

Our collapse in form is down to the players. I'm amazed there are some who still don't realise that. How many managers must they throw under the bus for people to catch on what they're like?

Might be relegation form, but we're pretty comfortable in mid-table. Would likely take a points deduction to relegate us - and for decisions made long before he came here. Likewise at Birmingham.

..and we don't know what went on with Hutch & Westy, but we do know both were outcast by different managers, so good chance they're a coupla c*nts.

Here we go again....  the usual complete ballocks spouted about Westwood and Hutchinson.

I'll repeat what I said on another thread recently, the only reason Jos decided he wasn't going to play them was down to fitness reasons. Not due to being disruptive, not due to contract clauses triggered by a certain number of appearances. He just didn't think they were up to the rigours of the championship because of fitness concerns and age, likewise Boyd and Jones. Jos just wanted to go with younger/fitter players and give youth a chance. Nothing wrong with that, though unfortunately the youngsters he used didn't make the step up with probably the exception of Penney.

3 hours ago, wilyfox said:

As soon as Jos departed the first thing Bullen did was to recall Hutchinson, Westwood and Boyd to the team for his first match in the win against Preston. Hutchinson played 21 times post Jos (15 under Bruce) in which we lost 4 games. Westwood played 20 times (15 under Bruce) and also losing 4 games. We went from being relegation candidates to play off candidates after they were brought back into the team.

Bruce  gave Westwood a new contract and made him his first choice, not something an experienced manager would do with a problem player.

1 hour ago, prowl said:

I find it bizarre that the 2 so called disruptive influences, bad apples or whatever are blamed by many for our form going down the pan, even though they haven't been playing or anywhere near the club.

Monk himself said he had talked to Westwood and he was totally professional and accepted the managers reasons for not picking him.

Guest wilyfox
2 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Here we go again....  the usual complete ballocks spouted about Westwood and Hutchinson.

I'll repeat what I said on another thread recently, the only reason Jos decided he wasn't going to play them was down to fitness reasons. Not due to being disruptive, not due to contract clauses triggered by a certain number of appearances. He just didn't think they were up to the rigours of the championship because of fitness concerns and age, likewise Boyd and Jones. Jos just wanted to go with younger/fitter players and give youth a chance. Nothing wrong with that, though unfortunately the youngsters he used didn't make the step up with probably the exception of Penney.

As soon as Jos departed the first thing Bullen did was to recall Hutchinson, Westwood and Boyd to the team for his first match in the win against Preston. Hutchinson played 21 times post Jos (15 under Bruce) in which we lost 4 games. Westwood played 20 times (15 under Bruce) and also losing 4 games. We went from being relegation candidates to play off candidates after they were brought back into the team.

Bruce  gave Westwood a new contract and made him his first choice, not something an experienced manager would do with a problem player.

I find it bizarre that the 2 so called disruptive influences, bad apples or whatever are blamed by many for our form going down the pan, even though they haven't been playing or anywhere near the club.

Monk himself said he had talked to Westwood and he was totally professional and accepted the managers reasons for not picking him.

First thing a new manager says..."clean slate for everybody". No surprise they were brought in from the cold. Bruce only managed them for 3 months. Maybe he never got to see their true colours. Monk was very candid about "what you need in a dressing room" back in January, and remarks about players that "shouldn't still be here". Those comments don't correlate to age or fitness concerns. Believe that shyte if you wish. I don't care. 

9 hours ago, Plonk said:

Why the hell would you back them . They have both outstayed their welcome . Westwood is of no use anymore and well past his best , Hutchinson has seen better days too . Sod em both. Can’t wait to offload deadwood like this 

12 hours ago, wilyfox said:

No. What I say is good managers manage difficult players. Look at cantons and dicanios as prime examples. Wilson put dicanio in the “ too hard to do tray” rednap  turned him into one of the best players in the premier. Cantons bounced about all over the place until will and fergie got hold of him. Our “ problem” players are pussycats by compary

9 hours ago, prowl said:

Possibly those 2 are just the tip of the iceberg. It seems like we are going to be having a proper clear out, Maybe there are other disruptive influences among those who's contracts are up.

It will all come out at some stage might take 20 years or so when there are a few autobiographies written. It always seems to surface somehow.

Indeed. Read dicanios biography for how managers operate. Particularly re his time at wednesday

7 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Absolutely but if you take away the “bad apple”story the monk lovers will have to accept yes poo. 

3 hours ago, james o connor said:

Why the hell would you back them . They have both outstayed their welcome . Westwood is of no use anymore and well past his best , Hutchinson has seen better days too . Sod em both. Can’t wait to offload deadwood like this 

Bet both go on to play for clubs higher up the league than us. I don’t get the hate for two of our best players over the last two decades. And based on what? Shithouse rumours. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
10 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I agree on Borner and Harris but that’s harsh on Iorfa. Agree with the sentiment of your post though!

11 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Monk has spoken regularly about disruptive influences and a bad dressing room. Westwood and Hutchinson have been pushed out so it's not surprising if fans draw some conclusions from those 2 things. If that's wrong then there must be others in the squad causing a problem, it's not obvious who they are.

Whatever, it is obvious that the squad is stale and needs a big turn over of players at the end of this season. Let's see who gets a new contract and who we bring in.

3 hours ago, Plonk said:

Indeed. Read dicanios biography for how managers operate. Particularly re his time at wednesday

I don't tend to trust anything that is said by him unless it's verified by others. Great player but not exactly the most stable character.

None of us know what goes on in the dressing room, or behind the scenes, but I’m sure this sort of “disruption” happens at most clubs. Managers are paid to manage, and that will include managing lots of players with big egos. As I’ve mentioned before, I’m happy enough for Monk to leave out players, if he feels that it’s for the good of the team. Those are the type of decisions he will be judged on.

There is little evidence though, to suggest that he is even close to getting things right. He has either handled things really badly, or as he says in his defence, there isn’t a problem with the players he has left out. 
Either way, it’s been a disaster, and I have absolutely no confidence in him going forward.

Edited by gurujuan