Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Someone like Lukas Jutkiewicz would be an ideal Fletcher replacement. 

Pleased with the Dele-Bashiru and Dunkley signings. Both look smart signings and could potentially be beasts. We've lacked a bit of toughness in the side for a fair while it seems. 

Hope we can get a few more young dynamic players like FDB. And a bit more energy is required to stretch back the opposition and to feed off a target man.

We still lack a midfield beast. I'd love Murphy to return too, he suited us well but if not I'd target a young top flight loanee instead. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FlyingOwl said:

Swansea have signed Korey Smith after his release from Bristol City

Watford have signed West Ham academy product Ngakia - a right back.

Was once a very decent player at this level but injuries looked to have ruined him.

5 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

Fletch 18k a week I think on a 2 year deal - clubs were only wanting to sign him on a one year deal. Security for him of 2 years on a v good wage. 

As for fox, average/poor championship player. 

They don't play for us anymore so couldn't give a throw what they do. I just hope Harris terrorises Fox when we play them 

I know, it wasn’t like they were world beaters. I think we all need to remember the second half of last season. Fletcher was sidelined again through injury...like he had been for the last 3 seasons and Fox was in the team, helping us lose every week.

By the end of season, I wasn’t bothered about anyone in that squad staying. It was a stale and old bunch of mercenaries, who needed a refresh.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

We havent got the money or stature to buy a che adams, so we need to be crafty in signing players who could turn out like che adams did. Tyler walker looks like the kinda player who could do that. I'd be happy if we signed him

Walker as the next Adams and Dykes as the next Wood. Two players who’ve done well under Monk. 

I would guess both would cost a bit though 

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

yeah we need someone to come in as a new number one. 

Maybe the new goalkeeping coach will have a look  at Dawson and Wildsmith and decide we need better or he may find a way to improve them. I don't care which it is but we will need a reliable keeper.

As we are trying to refresh the squad, I would rather buy into the general premise of young and hungry, with the odd player slightly older but still making his way up. 

I'd rather take a chance and sign Telford, walker, garner and the like, maybe mixed with say Lyle Taylor, than sign kachunga, windass and have Wickham back. 

Time for a new plan. A plan to believe in. Even let beattie choose a couple of strikers, types that he knows he can improve and get a tune out of. 

I genuinely think the majority of fans, would accept and back that transition based on where we now are and Monk now having his staff. I'm not a believer in Monk myself, but if I can see a plan that can also keep an eye on the future and finally turn us around in being able to actually turn players and make money, then I'm going to give him a go again. We need a footing as fans to help push us to get rid of our minus 12 points as quick as possible. 

If we go back to our usual ways, I can see patience running thin quickly.  Then next few signings will tell us where we are heading. 

• Like 3

We really need to stop leeching quality, it’s time to put back. This is a huge window for us, having cleared the decks. I’m happy enough with Dunkley, he adds a bit of steel to our back line options, and we need to replicate that with a new defensive midfielder. Beyond that, we need to up the quality in our attacking areas.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Walker as the next Adams and Dykes as the next Wood. Two players who’ve done well under Monk. 

I would guess both would cost a bit though 

I like the look of Walker but not sure about Dykes. To be honest I’m not sure what he has done to warrant a big move? 

I wouldn’t think we would get a striker of renown in this summer, they cost money and usually lots of it. A Gregory or Jutkiewicz type signing will be the best we can hope for along side a couple of young unknown lower league or prem loans trying to make their name. To be honest that’s ok with me as long as they add dimension to our play and of course know where the net is. Who knows we might strike lucky on a 20 goal a season man it’s been a while.

• Like 1