Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

4 minutes ago, billyblack said:

he saw his contract out, what else does he need to do

Stoke are signing up all our players who left in the summer. I don’t really get it? It’s not like we were Brentford last season. Fox was best of a bad bunch second half of the season and Fletcher was injured most of it.

Its a bit like buying stuff from the “soon to be out of date” section in a supermarket, might be ok for that night’s tea, but you could end up with the shits! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Fletcher moving to Strike is good business on their part and I can see  Michael O’Neill getting the best out of him and Morgan Fox. 

All those saying he’s chasing the money. tell me honestly you wouldn’t do the same in his position? It’s the rules and laws that need changing on salaries in order to bring the game back in linen but whilst you’re there to make the best living you do it in the meantime.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stevelknievel said:

Stoke are signing up all our players who left in the summer. I don’t really get it? It’s not like we were Brentford last season. Fox was best of a bad bunch second half of the season and Fletcher was injured most of it.

Its a bit like buying stuff from the “soon to be out of date” section in a supermarket, might be ok for that night’s tea, but you could end up with the shits! 

they may have been offered more money, Fox just used to get abuse from our fans anyway, dont blame him for a minute

• Like 1

On 11/08/2020 at 10:45, room0035 said:

For me there is a few strikers that have moved to premiership teams and either not got the chance or make the grade. Next season we need a consistent goal scorer as we are going to need to scrap for a lot of points while keeping it very tight at the back.

An experience Keeper is a must someone like Darlow would be a great signing, though Marshall could also be available for free from Wigan (our new favourite buying club). Up front Nketiah, Obafemi, Connolly all good young players looking for regular game time that at Championship level could score goals and hopefully with the prospect of regular game time we might get them in.

Could we maybe get someone of the talent of Hudson Odoi after the big up he has had very little actual game time at Chelsea, might they allow him to join us for the season to get game time and give us an x factor in the championship. It might be a bit of a fetch but only made 11 starts in 35 appearances and is going to be pushed down the pecking order with Chelsea's likely arrivals.

We will probably stick with the unknown loans and older players but some quality youth that might spark others into life I just feel could work for us as long as we get them at the right price. 

Hudson-Odoi, yes I'm sure a player they turned down 2 bids in excess of £30m from Bayern Munich is highly likely to be loaned to a lower end championship team, ffs.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Stevelknievel said:

or like us trying to sign up half of an already relegated side, mind boggling

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

or like us trying to sign up half of an already relegated side, mind boggling

You must be reyt scratching your head about ManCity signing Ake and Liverpool chasing Sarr and Lewis. Anyone would think you can have decent individuals in an underperforming collective. Crazy! 

Edited by Philb125

Just now, Philb125 said:

You must be rest scratching your head about ManCity signing Ake and Liverpool chasing Sarr and Lewis. Anyone would think you can have decent individuals in an underperforming collective. Crazy! 

Exactly, my point was, despite our horrendous post Christmas form, Fletcher and Fox were pretty useful

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Exactly, my point was, despite our horrendous post Christmas form, Fletcher and Fox were pretty useful

I was more referring to clubs going after relegated players. Wigan have 5/6 good players at this level, but you said that boggles you’re mind despite: 

Moore > Rhodes/Nobody

Morsy > Pelupessy 

Kipre > Lees/Borner

Byrne > Palmer

Dunkley > Harry Maguire 🙂

Anyhow! I’m really happy with most we’ve been linked to so far, glad to see it’s a normal/better than normal window!