Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

20 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I wholeheartedly agree, that a strong defensively minded midfielder is absolutely key. It’s unbelievable how much we missed Hutchinson, or a similar player, last season.

We've missed that sort of player since the playoff final when the incumbent choked.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

You might be right, if Garner is a holding midfielder. To be honest, I didn’t think he was, but I might well be wrong. If he is, and we get him, then great, but we’ve seen, the midfield doesn’t function properly without that type of player Certainly I’d agree that central midfield appears to be the area where we have the most talent coming through our own system, so yes, we do need to keep a clear pathway

Based on the clips I’ve seen, he reminds me of Hutchinson. Minus the silliness. Closes down aggressively, likes a sliding tackle and can play a bit. 

Of course there’s no guarantee he could do it at this level, but he looks decent and he’s a realistic target.

If we have the money I'd be looking at someone like Ronan Curtis from Portsmouth scored 14 from out wide last season and can't see him being on massive wages at pompey 

Otasowie at wolves can play both center half /RB and holding midfielder and they have said he would be available for loan 

Try and get Murphy back on loan 

The lad from livingstone seems to be in decent form so he could be an option for a more mobile forward 

• Like 1

Just now, gurujuan said:

They offered better wages than Celtic, and play more of a Fletcher style game

Of course.

I was just under the assumption that he turned down a deal here for better things. Stoke is a sideways move....but I assume he had a fair idea about our points deduction and jumped on that assumption.

Id have been much less bitter if he’d ended up back in Scotland with Celtic or even with a bigger championship club.

Stoke will do well this season if they can keep him fit and keep Fox playing with confidence.

3 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

If we have the money I'd be looking at someone like Ronan Curtis from Portsmouth scored 14 from out wide last season and can't see him being on massive wages at pompey 

Otasowie at wolves can play both center half /RB and holding midfielder and they have said he would be available for loan 

Try and get Murphy back on loan 

The lad from livingstone seems to be in decent form so he could be an option for a more mobile forward 

No chance on Curtis.

Murphy will be right at the peak of what we’ll be able to get id imagine, and that’ll only be because he clearly enjoyed his time here before so might be happy to ‘slum it’ somewhere with a points deduction as significant as ours.

Fletcher will chase the money and go where he can get the best deal. 

Stoke still have parachute money so can afford his wages. I think we are trying to keep to a certain wage cap now and not create disharmony amongst the squad which we have seen happen before in the past when one or more players earn more than the rest. 

2 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Of course.

I was just under the assumption that he turned down a deal here for better things. Stoke is a sideways move....but I assume he had a fair idea about our points deduction and jumped on that assumption.

Id have been much less bitter if he’d ended up back in Scotland with Celtic or even with a bigger championship club.

Stoke will do well this season if they can keep him fit and keep Fox playing with confidence.

All about the money, never been to Glasgow, but Stoke is a shithole and a bang average mid table team. 

Each to their own, but if someone offered me the opportunity in the twilight of my career to win (almost guaranteed) trophies, I'd take it, especially after trousering £30k pw (£6.2m) over the last 4 years alone. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Fletcher off to Stoke.

Thats annoyed me a fair bit.

I'm a massive fan of Fletcher but he's 33 Years old, will be wanting a two year deal, on decent wages still, we can't justify that, it was the right time to part ways with him, take our recruitment in a different direction and use his wages more effectively... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yes I think we’ll only be looking to bring 1 or 2 players max. in for central midfield now.  But I agree with you the forward line is a concern, the club will have a tough task bringing in players on a budget that will excite the fan base but we shall see what happens 

a concern is probably understated