Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

11 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Not always the case. Alot of the time they want to develop the players in the best environment with a coach that plays a similar type of football to them.

The big clubs have enough money and would not dump a prize asset in the wrong environment for the sake of an extra half a million.

sometimes they prefer the expectant crowd as that’s what they would face back at first team level 

5 minutes ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

Bright Enobakhare released by wolves. Not a world beater by any means but handy and a good age. Wouldnt be on more money than winnall or nuhiu who I assume will be on their way out. The sort of player we should be looking to bring in and make money on down the line

he looked really promising at Coventry but mainly on the bench at Wigan. Has some good attributes in terms of pace, strength, dribbling ability, not unlike Harris in some ways. Development potential there.

19 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Not always the case. Alot of the time they want to develop the players in the best environment with a coach that plays a similar type of football to them.

The big clubs have enough money and would not dump a prize asset in the wrong environment for the sake of an extra half a million.

Granted there’s odd exceptions, but on the whole , you pay the beans you get the agent and his player 

17 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Granted there’s odd exceptions, but on the whole , you pay the beans you get the agent and his player 

With normal loan deals its normally the case. Like if we were to loan out Rhodes or Winnall. We want the most money possible. But if we are loaning out Hunt then we are thinking differently and would quite happily let him go to a club who pays only half his wages rather than full if it is better for his development. Or that's what we should be doing.

3 hours ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

Bright Enobakhare released by wolves. Not a world beater by any means but handy and a good age. Wouldnt be on more money than winnall or nuhiu who I assume will be on their way out. The sort of player we should be looking to bring in and make money on down the line

I don't know much about him but he didn't do much at Wigan.

2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

With normal loan deals its normally the case. Like if we were to loan out Rhodes or Winnall. We want the most money possible. But if we are loaning out Hunt then we are thinking differently and would quite happily let him go to a club who pays only half his wages rather than full if it is better for his development. Or that's what we should be doing.

With DC in charge? He wants all their wages paid.

3 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

he looked really promising at Coventry but mainly on the bench at Wigan. Has some good attributes in terms of pace, strength, dribbling ability, not unlike Harris in some ways. Development potential there.

Type of player, who if he has a good attitude is worth a gamble. 

Young, won't cost the earth, good age, good physical attributes and wouldn't expect to walk into the team. 

Wouldn't be against this type of signing on a 2 year deal. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Well, I'd continue to involve Hunt as Bannan's understudy. That appears to be Monk's plan for him. The others, I presume you mean Shaw, Waldock et al? Maybe they need to drop a league or two on loan first like Garner would be, if he comes.

I'm not against using the loan market - providing used well. That means senior pros that improve us we can't afford permanently, and young talent our academy can't attract. Thinking of the Bates, Onomahs and Da Cruzs, we must do our homework better on younger recruits because they need to be good enough, and we must be prepared to play them. No good signing a Garner and dumping his arse on the bench every week or in the u23s. That won't enhance our rep. 

Thing is that next season is supposed to be transitional. With so many players leaving the club and many new ones joining (hopefully) we can hardly expect to push for Play Off place no matter how well we recruit.

I hoped for more permanent solution for our midfield problems.

I spent last few weeks watching dozens of Premier League 2 games and there are players that I believe are good enough for Championship football right now and who could hopefully further improve to create backbone of a future Premier League side.

11 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Type of player, who if he has a good attitude is worth a gamble. 

Young, won't cost the earth, good age, good physical attributes and wouldn't expect to walk into the team. 

Wouldn't be against this type of signing on a 2 year deal. 

Agreed, it seems odd he barely featured at Wigan and was sent home in January though. I think he was on loan in Scotland and didn’t do much but was really good at Coventry.  Might be one that needs some man management 

Guest wilyfox
43 minutes ago, malek said:

Thing is that next season is supposed to be transitional. With so many players leaving the club and many new ones joining (hopefully) we can hardly expect to push for Play Off place no matter how well we recruit.

I hoped for more permanent solution for our midfield problems.

I spent last few weeks watching dozens of Premier League 2 games and there are players that I believe are good enough for Championship football right now and who could hopefully further improve to create backbone of a future Premier League side.

We went from mid-table mediocrity to playoff finalists with one effective transfer window when Carlos came in. It need not take years. If recruitment is sound and the ingredients are there, you can take big strides very quickly. Some clubs literally transform one season to the next - as we did that year, and Brighton with Hughton, and Cardiff with Warnock. It happens. 

7 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

We went from mid-table mediocrity to playoff finalists with one effective transfer window when Carlos came in. It need not take years. If recruitment is sound and the ingredients are there, you can take big strides very quickly. Some clubs literally transform one season to the next - as we did that year, and Brighton with Hughton, and Cardiff with Warnock. It happens. 

But we were not in a truble regarding FFP. Don't think it is realistic to expect any kind of challenge next season.

Guest wilyfox
2 hours ago, malek said:

But we were not in a truble regarding FFP. Don't think it is realistic to expect any kind of challenge next season.

Never say never. Warnock got Cardiff up on the cheap. They only really spent big on Madine - and he wasn't needed. Wagner got Huddersfield up with loans, basically. There are ways, but recruitment must be on point. Putting a team together is an art form. Not all managers and recruiters are good at it. 

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 09:16, Owls-Fan said:

Apparantly Swansea are interested too.

I just don’t see how we’d be an attractive prospect for any player if they have a choice to go elsewhere. 
Swansea have Cooper as boss who has a reputation for working with young players, Brewster was doing well there this season. Let’s hope that Monk is particularly good at persuading players to sign at a club with a lot of issues. 

Monk isn't particularly good at anything..... get him SACKED asap.

18 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Should. We I have no doubt would take the most money for Hunt or any of our youngsters !

15 hours ago, wilyfox said:

It does and it could IF we have the right manager. Hughton, Warnock, even Mick McCarthey could do that. We have Monk. It wont happen. Birmingham got rid of him with the intention of having the season they have had, not spectacular or a playoff push a move to better football and a base to build from. At the moment, were in a better position to change and push for the playoffs, if they let monk have this window we'll end up in a relegation battle with the season after next being like Birminghams this season if we survive.

Guest wilyfox
34 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

It does and it could IF we have the right manager. Hughton, Warnock, even Mick McCarthey could do that. We have Monk. It wont happen. Birmingham got rid of him with the intention of having the season they have had, not spectacular or a playoff push a move to better football and a base to build from. At the moment, were in a better position to change and push for the playoffs, if they let monk have this window we'll end up in a relegation battle with the season after next being like Birminghams this season if we survive.

Monk hasn't been in a relegation battle with any club. Don't see why you'd assume that'd be the case here.

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Monk hasn't been in a relegation battle with any club. Don't see why you'd assume that'd be the case here.

He’s in one, here now 🤣

Plus wasn’t he in one with Brum when he first arrived then again last season after the points deduction?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

Guest wilyfox
12 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

He’s in one, here now 🤣

Plus wasn’t he in one with Brum when he first arrived then again last season after the points deduction?

Oh c'mon, you can't hang points deductions for financial mismanagement around his neck. I'm no Monk fan, but that's taking the píss. We've got 48 points on the board already. Scrape another win & we're probably safe. If we're relegated this season, it won't be for footballing reasons.

Edited by wilyfox