Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

9 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Linked with that young lad Garner at Man Utd in the early Sunday’s 

Apparantly Swansea are interested too.

I just don’t see how we’d be an attractive prospect for any player if they have a choice to go elsewhere. 
Swansea have Cooper as boss who has a reputation for working with young players, Brewster was doing well there this season. Let’s hope that Monk is particularly good at persuading players to sign at a club with a lot of issues. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

I just don’t see how we’d be an attractive prospect for any player if they have a choice to go elsewhere. 
Swansea have Cooper as boss who has a reputation for working with young players, Brewster was doing well there this season. Let’s hope that Monk is particularly good at persuading players to sign at a club with a lot of issues. 

Of course we can be an attractive choice, decisions firstly based on ££££

I'm sure we can compete with bloody Swansea!!

(any manager only 6 or so games from the sack, so not that much of a draw/drawback)

52 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Ha can you imagine,

Ring ring, “Hi James it’s your agent, good news there’s a couple of clubs wanting to give you first team football next season.“

Garner: “great who’s that?”

Agent: “Swansea, you remember they have your ex-England youth coach Cooper as boss and your mate from England teams Brewster was there last season”.

Garner: “ah yes sounds good: who’s the other one?”

Agent” Sheffield Wednesday”

Garner “where are they now?”

Agent “also in the championship..for now”

Garner “what do you mean?”

Agent” well they have a pending points deduction coming, either this season or next season”

Garner “Umm that’s not good”

Agent “Well it could be worse, they could be expelled from the league”

Garner “right, why are we talking to them?”

Agent “I’ll tell Coops it’s a yes from us” 

• Haha 2

Guest wilyfox

Garner would be a good loanee. We missed out on Brewster & Nketiah, but we have to keep trying to sign such talent on loan even if we fail. Somehow we must change our way and reputation for developing young players. People say Monk wouldn't be a draw, but look at the job he did with Che Adams. He should milk that for all its worth when trying to sign youngsters. 

8 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Garner would be a good loanee. We missed out on Brewster & Nketiah, but we have to keep trying to sign such talent on loan even if we fail. Somehow we must change our way and reputation for developing young players. People say Monk wouldn't be a draw, but look at the job he did with Che Adams. He should milk that for all its worth when trying to sign youngsters. 

Che Adams improvement was probably down to James Beattie?

27 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I don't see Monk being much of a draw for any prospective signing. His work in the January window should be a sacking offence in itself.

8 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Yes, the two are probably linked. Both Brewster and Nketiah went to sides who play proper football

16 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Next season should be about rebuilding and consolidating.

I'm all about bringing players in on loan, but right now we have not 1, but 3 talented and highly rated central midfielders on the verge of first team football. Why developing youngster for Manchester United, instead of one of our own ?!

• Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, malek said:

Next season should be about rebuilding and consolidating.

I'm all about bringing players in on loan, but right now we have not 1, but 3 talented and highly rated central midfielders on the verge of first team football. Why developing youngster for Manchester United, instead of one of our own ?!

Well, I'd continue to involve Hunt as Bannan's understudy. That appears to be Monk's plan for him. The others, I presume you mean Shaw, Waldock et al? Maybe they need to drop a league or two on loan first like Garner would be, if he comes.

I'm not against using the loan market - providing used well. That means senior pros that improve us we can't afford permanently, and young talent our academy can't attract. Thinking of the Bates, Onomahs and Da Cruzs, we must do our homework better on younger recruits because they need to be good enough, and we must be prepared to play them. No good signing a Garner and dumping his arse on the bench every week or in the u23s. That won't enhance our rep. 

23 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, the two are probably linked. Both Brewster and Nketiah went to sides who play proper football

Nketiah may have gone to a side that played football but he didn’t manage to play much himself

Big thing is any of these deals will be how much football we can offer these kids

29 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Players move wherever the best financial deal is at 

really is that simple 

Yes because Man Utd would risk harming the development of one of their top prospects for the sake of a few extra quid.  Just my opinion but I think there’s no chance they would let him go to us next season, either in League 1 or with -9 points in the championship, than to a team like Swansea in the championship who are known for trying to play possession football. 

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yes because Man Utd would risk harming the development of one of their top prospects for the sake of a few extra quid.  Just my opinion but I think there’s no chance they would let him go to us next season, either in League 1 or with -9 points in the championship, than to a team like Swansea in the championship who are known for trying to play possession football. 

That, plus Cooper, and his willingness to give young loanees like Brewster & Gallagher game time would make it hard to win Garner's signature. I think it's often about the assurances you give. If we ask for Garner as back-up for Bannan & Luongo, we won't get him. 

12 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

That, plus Cooper, and his willingness to give young loanees like Brewster & Gallagher game time would make it hard to win Garner's signature. I think it's often about the assurances you give. If we ask for Garner as back-up for Bannan & Luongo, we won't get him. 

We don't hang on to Fletcher, Bannan goes IMO. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the likes of Lees and Reach left the club before the start of next season?

Guest wilyfox
27 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

We don't hang on to Fletcher, Bannan goes IMO. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the likes of Lees and Reach left the club before the start of next season?

I think Fletcher stays providing we don't get relegated by the EFL. I'd keep Bannan. Key player. Lees is a good pro with vast experience as well. I think Reach could be sold for the right price. Can't allow his contract to run down. DC should learn from Rhodes & FF. 

9 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I think Fletcher stays providing we don't get relegated by the EFL. I'd keep Bannan. Key player. Lees is a good pro with vast experience as well. I think Reach could be sold for the right price. Can't allow his contract to run down. DC should learn from Rhodes & FF. 

Reach is probably our most saleable asset, and strangely, someone that wouldn’t be a huge miss. Not because he isn’t a good player, he is, but I’m unsure we could find the right role for him here. 
Fletcher would be useful to have as an option in any championship squad, but I do have a concern that having him leading the line encourages us to play too much long ball. Perhaps it is just Monk’s style, or maybe just a lazy out ball, but I feel the tactic hardly gets the best out of Fletcher Personally, I think he could offer so much more, if we mixed up our game a bit more

Guest wilyfox
8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Reach is probably our most saleable asset, and strangely, someone that wouldn’t be a huge miss. Not because he isn’t a good player, he is, but I’m unsure we could find the right role for him here. 
Fletcher would be useful to have as an option in any championship squad, but I do have a concern that having him leading the line encourages us to play too much long ball. Perhaps it is just Monk’s style, or maybe just a lazy out ball, but I feel the tactic hardly gets the best out of Fletcher Personally, I think he could offer so much more, if we mixed up our game a bit more

Hoping Fletcher stays. If he does, we gotta do better finding the right partner for him. We have 8 strikers at present. None of the 7 have clicked with him. I wanted Fletch & Windass given a run together to see if they spark.

We've really missed Hooper for his ability and versatility. He paired well in combination with other strikers. I wanted Hogan in January to fill that void. Others kept telling me he's washed-up, not the player he once was. Goes to Brum and bags 7 in 8 games - including one against us.

2 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Nice thought, but whoever pays the most £££

gets the player 

21 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Nice thought, but whoever pays the most £££

gets the player 

Not always the case. Alot of the time they want to develop the players in the best environment with a coach that plays a similar type of football to them.

The big clubs have enough money and would not dump a prize asset in the wrong environment for the sake of an extra half a million.

Bright Enobakhare released by wolves. Not a world beater by any means but handy and a good age. Wouldnt be on more money than winnall or nuhiu who I assume will be on their way out. The sort of player we should be looking to bring in and make money on down the line