Today’s starting lineup

Just now, McRightSide said:

Jos-tastic 

He’s given up.

So no doubt you would have a wildly different line-up? Under the current circumstances of injuries and form, that back 5 almost picks itself for a start. The only places where Monk has a number of options are up front and out wide, and it's not like we have people spectacularly out-performing anyone else there either whereby the selections are obvious.

15 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

We've reached that point with some supporters where everything the manager does has to be ridiculed, belittled and lambasted.

There's nothing especially revolutionary about that line-up. Bannan, Lees and Wickham all took a good deal of criticism during the week and the manager has dropped them for players in the same position. Had he not done so, no doubt he would have been slagged off for that instead. 

Whether the squad are on Monk's side or care about the club and it's supporters are different matters.

You've been on Owlstalk long enough to know how it works: everything must be reduced to a binary decision. You either rate a player or you don't. A manager is either in or out - there's no room for shades of grey here.

Some have decided that Monk's bad, therefore everything Monk ever does is bad.

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

I actually agree with his back 4 I think it should have been same at Luton tbf. No grumbles from me on that. I’m just fed up knowing no matter who plays we will waste another 90 mins knocking stupid long balls for it to come back for the entire game. 

My post isn't aimed necessarily at who he's picked, more that he chops & changes the back line every week. One of the keys to not conceding is a settled back line.  

For what it's worth I'd have gone with Odubajo rather than the young lad. If we concede early the atmosphere could get toxic.

21 minutes ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

And you think Pelupessy can be better than a spectator? Plus change Bannans role, do something to stop him being a spectator, anything rather than play Pelupessy in preference

You can't change his role. Bannan is a law unto himself. That's the point.

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

You've been on Owlstalk long enough to know how it works: everything must be reduced to a binary decision. You either rate a player or you don't. A manager is either in or out - there's no room for shades of grey here.

Some have decided that Monk's bad, therefore everything Monk ever does is bad.

I'm fascinated by human psychology. I've seen this pattern repeat itself so many times, and not just at this club. Personally, I don't like the idea that my attitudes and opinions might be so easily subject to such predictable and simplistic principles, but maybe that's just me? 

Guest Bulgaria
15 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Also whenever I see a line-up that has Dawson and Pelupessy starting I automatically fear the worst. I thought Monk might do alright here but who was I kidding?

If Westwood wasn't such a knob then he would be starting,  Joey, may not be the answer but he is always available, gives his all and obviously does what his boss asks.

The fact they are both available for selection should warrant our support.

3-1 reading.lol

5 minutes ago, mogbad said:

My post isn't aimed necessarily at who he's picked, more that he chops & changes the back line every week. One of the keys to not conceding is a settled back line.  

For what it's worth I'd have gone with Odubajo rather than the young lad. If we concede early the atmosphere could get toxic.

Injured or he may have.