@owlstalk

Today’s starting lineup

Be grateful for small mercies! 
Lees isn’t in the starting line up!

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Also whenever I see a line-up that has Dawson and Pelupessy starting I automatically fear the worst. I thought Monk might do alright here but who was I kidding?

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

"All we ask is for players who give their all"

"He's picked Pelupessy and Nuiu"

"All we ask for is people who are good on the ball"

to be honest the way we play dropping bannan isn’t and shouldn’t be a problem, whilst ever we play monks direct football he might as well sit in the stands with us. 

tbh it doesn’t matter who we pick right now e because his style doesn’t suit anyone barring fletcher. Nuhiu is 6ft billion and is about as much a target man as bannan. 

until we get fletcher back we will fail with his style of play.  I was hoping that after midweek he might just finally realise we need to try something different tactic wise. 
it would seem with this line up it’s more of the same. 

Edited by 2roland2
  • Agree 1

let's wait and see, bannan dropped is a positive 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

don't know what people want, they wanted Bannan and Lees dropped as well as Wickham, he has done that but still has limited replacements with the injuries. Lets give them a chance

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

Holy moly, a manager has actually dropped Bannan. Praise the effin lord 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I'm all for getting behind the team, the players, the manager. I've not complained re Lee's and Wickham. I agree Bannan has been poor, I just wouldn't have dropped him today. Not to start with that center midfield. When Luongo is fit, maybe even Reach. But for me we need Bannan today. Time will tell of course, let's hope we win, but I'm sat in the car about to go in feeling concerned that our lack of creativity has been reduced further. 

5 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

don't know what people want, they wanted Bannan and Lees dropped as well as Wickham, he has done that but still has limited replacements with the injuries. Lets give them a chance

glad to see the players u mentioned dropped, bannan out means the players wont be letting him dictate play, hes been garbage for a while and they let him try to run the show 

3 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

If I was Wickham I’d leave now if Nuhiu is getting a start before him

If I was Wickham I'd try and get myself match fit and try to recover my previous footballing skills.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Monk makes his back four selection for today.

710D424F-DFC4-420E-8B1B-EA0FD6319F75.thumb.jpeg.5210ec8daef10f6ad953f768ce964a59.jpeg

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Bannan & Lees - The 2 remaining starters (Westwood & Hutch have already been bombed out) from our decent play off season, have been dropped

Surely this is what the Stingers wanted? post-445-0-03457500-1407231008.png

8 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

We've reached that point with some supporters where everything the manager does has to be ridiculed, belittled and lambasted.

There's nothing especially revolutionary about that line-up. Bannan, Lees and Wickham all took a good deal of criticism during the week and the manager has dropped them for players in the same position. Had he not done so, no doubt he would have been slagged off for that instead. 

Whether the squad are on Monk's side or care about the club and it's supporters are different matters.

I don't always agree with DJM but that's nail on head there. Were Monk to name the same side after the Luton debacle, that would more akin to giving up for me.

I wasn't a massive fan of the decision to hire Monk (as opposed to  say, the Cowleys) but now he's here, I've a lot more sympathy for him than for half the squad. I'd like to see him given the summer to rebuild (not that I'm expecting that level of patience)...

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

If I was Wickham I'd try and get myself match fit and try to recover my previous footballing skills.

Without playing matches.

3 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

I want a change in style. No one we have in the squad can play the style he’s trying ( apart from fletcher who is t available). He’s played about every player rotation possible but it doesn’t matter whilst we keep knocking direct balls to nobody. 

10 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Lineker MKII.

What? Reach has shat himself ?  FFS  :duntmatter:

Sat here at home........NOT GONE...............that line -up...........................WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, mogbad said:

710D424F-DFC4-420E-8B1B-EA0FD6319F75.thumb.jpeg.5210ec8daef10f6ad953f768ce964a59.jpeg

What should it have been? Fox is injured, Lees has been especially poor, Penney is out on loan, Odubajo has not played well, Thorniley got sold...

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

I actually agree with his back 4 I think it should have been same at Luton tbf. No grumbles from me on that. I’m just fed up knowing no matter who plays we will waste another 90 mins knocking stupid long balls for it to come back for the entire game. 

All I ask is commitment from all 11 - that would be start 

8 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

If I was Wickham I’d leave now if Nuhiu is getting a start before him

Play better then.

• Haha 1